Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Denver - The Class of the Sun Belt
Bookmark and Share
nickdanger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

[COLOR=red]
Puck Swami and I have been saying it for a while but it was only a matter of time before Denver would win the Sun Belt Men's basketball regular season. We even had 3,000+ fans watch us beat UNO. We look forward to going to Denton,TX next week to win the Sun Belt Men's Tournement. This has been a great year for us in all sports. Maybe now all of you will realize that Denver is the class of the Sun Belt. With Western Kentucky lprobably leaving for the MAC, we will become the strongest overall program in the Sun Belt untill we move to the West Coast Conference, WAC or Missouri Valley. No way we will end up in the Mid Continent or some other rinky dink conference. Take a look at why Denver will end up in one of the stronger conferences.

Men's Basketball/ won the Sun Belt West - 18-9 overall/12-3 in the Sun Belt
Men's Hockey #1 in latest poll
Skiing #2 in latest poll
Women's Gymnastics #10 in last poll
Swimming #2 in Sun Belt
Men's Lacross #24 in latest poll

See you all next week in Denton, Texas where we will win the conference tournement and go on to the NCAA.
02-27-2005 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WutupNJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I used to go to Akron, the MAC is no rinky dink conference, its on the up and up...the WAC is exactly how it sounds.....wack. If you're looking to win the conference tourney watch out for WKU and watch out for MTSU, they are the darkhorse in this tournament, and have all the tools to win. I know about the Denver roster and they're team, it all depends on how Yemi Nicholson plays, and how it effects the rest of the team. Can Denver win, in a neutral site?
02-27-2005 04:09 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Class of the Sun Belt? HA! When was the last time DU repsesented the Sun Belt in the NCAA tournament in a sport sponsored by the Sun Belt conference?

Also, WKU is NOT is the class of the Sun Belt either. There is not 1 team that dominates the entire conference in all sports. Every sport is very balanced and competitive that not one school wins everything. UNT wins football, USA in baseball, Cajuns and WKU in basketball, Cajuns in softball, ULM in swimming and diving, MT in track and field. You see the pattern? It's not 1 school that wins all sports. When the SBC adds lacrosse, hockey, and the other sports you mentioned, then you may have a shot at claiming the "Class of the Sun Belt." Until then you will be known as the Sun Belt school that doesn't fit in the Sun Belt.
02-27-2005 11:12 AM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Denver fan, one year of success doesn't mean you're the strongest overall program in the conference.

Cajun, while I agree their is no ONE program that is the top class of the conference.. Their are definitely some programs that do tend to stick towards the top in most areas. Western I would say is one of them. Toppers have won the Vic Bubas trophey twice in the last three years, and was runner-up last year. Toppers are currently first this year.

I think the Vic Bubas trophey is a pretty fair way to messure who is the top overall program in the conference, and the fact is Western has been that program recently. But, let me say at the same time, the conference overall is stepping it up.

Cajun, not sure why you listed ULM as #1 in swimming and diving, WKU men and women just took home the tropheys.
02-27-2005 11:49 AM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Oh, I'm sorry Jeff. I thought ya'll were the class of the MAC

Guess what. MT has won two Bubas Cups in four years.

Including last year. So I guess right now MT is THAT program..

Also, seriously I love your snide comments about MT's deals with Louisville and Maryland.

Maybe we can announce the WKU - EKU or SIU score while we're playing Louisville and ya'll are doing that I-AA thing.
02-27-2005 02:32 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

theboro.... why do you feel the need to attack me? I didn't say anything negative about MTSU here. Let me quote what I said:

Quote:Their are definitely some programs that do tend to stick towards the top in most areas. Western I would say is one of them.

Let's see "SOME PROGRAMS" and "ONE OF THEM" I never said WKU was exclusively the top program. you just decided to read it that way. oh, I also said "their is no ONE program". You just want to read what you want to read and then attack.

And yes, I think your deal with Louisville is a bad deal. That's my opinion. And again, you are putting words in my mouth, I never mentioned anything about Maryland because I know NOTHING about your deal with Maryland.

I am sure we can announce your score while we are playing Auburn.

I don't understand why everyone has to feel the need to attack anything a Western fan says. Why you feel like you need to be a jerk towards me? It's funny, you totally ignored the Denver fan's comments, when it was HE who claimed to be THAT PROGRAM that was top of the conference, not me. You just feel the need to continue to attack Western.
02-27-2005 03:21 PM
Advertisement

theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Well, if you really want to know it's because you go to the MAC board and plenty of other boards, bash the Sun Belt, all its schools, and then turn around and talk about how you love all of us.

Difference between us playing Lousiville and Maryland and you playing Auburn. We'll be playing home games, you'll be practice for Auburn's backups.

Funny, us playing Louisville in Nashville is a bad deal, but Western playing Auburn in Nashville is just letting your Nashville alums see the team right?

Bottomline: at this point, Western better hope they get the MAC invite because there aren't many people left in the SBC that can stomach the self righteousness coming from the "Flagship".

And if you think I'm putting words into your mouth, jump over to the MT delphi board. We've got you quoted plenty.
02-27-2005 11:07 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

I've never bashed the Belt.. You'll have to prove that to me.

And their is a difference between a 1-1 deal with a game in nashville and a 3-1 deal with a game in nashville. Big difference.

And you still managed to ignore my obivous point about you ignoring the Denver fans comments to attack me for things I didn't even say.

An apology would be nice.
02-27-2005 11:10 PM
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Seriously boro, Jeff has been cool, he was acctually kinda defending the belt against an attack that the other progams in the belt werent as good as denver. Save the WKU attacks for when they deserve it.

Tuffguy
02-27-2005 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

There is also a difference between a 3 for 1 which you keep saying and a 2 for 1 which MTSU signed.

Off-campus makes sense.

Arkansas State will do it for the 3rd time in four years this season. The first time we hosted San Jose State in Little Rock because local sponsors paid the guarantee for ASU to play SJSU without having to return the game. The second time we played ULM there because the sponsors covered our overhead. We will return in 2006 to play Oklahoma State because we had a choice, play OSU there or not play OSU. We play Missouri in Kansas City this year because we were going to cancel a game at Columbia in 2006, they offered to sell the game to us if we would move it to Kansas City.

That shift of a few miles means ASU pays Missouri a guarantee, takes the next X dollars off the top and then splits the rest of the tickets and concessions with Mizzou. To top it off last year the Big 12 TV partners (ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports) had no interest in the game. This year ESPN is negotiating to carry the game as part of the Sun Belt package.

MTSU gets a game 30 minutes from home and adds an attractive game to the possible TV inventory of the Sun Belt.

Nothing what so ever to complain about, especially in light of the fact that one of the most attractive games that was going to be in our inventory this year (Iowa State at Troy) got dumped by Iowa State despite promises by ESPN to carry it.

We have to have games contracted as home games to get inventory and to keep our TV partner happy. MTSU is making a good move for them and the conference.
02-28-2005 10:14 AM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

I say 3-1 because of the basketball game.
02-28-2005 10:27 AM
Advertisement

theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

then it's a 4-1 because it's an invitation to the tournament they have right before christmas.

And, we may end up not playing Louisville at all if we win the first one and they lose or vice versa.

Yeah, get into a four team tourney with Louisville and two other schools. Doesn't make any sense to me either. :rolleyes:
02-28-2005 12:12 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

Didn't realize it was a tournament. I went by what an MTSU fan posted, they said a game with Louisville.

theboro, still waiting for your apology.
02-28-2005 12:52 PM
ALLIESPAPPY Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Come on, fellas. Denver has suffered quetly for a good while getting whipped regularly and having little fan support. They deserve a little time in the sunshine. Right now, I'll grant that they are the class of the conference in basketball. Hats off to them.
02-28-2005 01:49 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

nickdanger Wrote:[COLOR=red]
Puck Swami and I have been saying it for a while but it was only a matter of time before Denver would win the Sun Belt Men's basketball regular season. We even had 3,000+ fans watch us beat UNO. We look forward to going to Denton,TX next week to win the Sun Belt Men's Tournement. This has been a great year for us in all sports. Maybe now all of you will realize that Denver is the class of the Sun Belt. With Western Kentucky lprobably leaving for the MAC, we will become the strongest overall program in the Sun Belt untill we move to  the West Coast Conference, WAC or Missouri Valley. No way we will end up in the Mid Continent or some other rinky dink conference. Take a look at why Denver will end up in one of the stronger conferences.

Men's Basketball/ won the Sun Belt West - 18-9 overall/12-3 in the Sun Belt
Men's Hockey #1 in latest poll
Skiing #2 in latest poll
Women's Gymnastics #10 in last poll
Swimming #2 in Sun Belt
Men's Lacross #24 in latest poll

See you all next week in Denton, Texas where we will win the conference tournement and go on to the NCAA.
Who is the class of the SunBelt in basketball now? The road to the SunBelt tourny championship runs through Louisiana last year and this year. Ya'll have a great team but we're the champions!
03-09-2005 12:25 PM
ALLIESPAPPY Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

"Who is the class of the SunBelt in basketball now? The road to the SunBelt tourny championship runs through Louisiana last year and this year. Ya'll have a great team but we're the champions!"

IMHO, Denver has as much claim as any. They won the regular season title, which took more doing over a longer period than the 3 games UL won in the tournament. You are ONLY the tournament champion.
03-09-2005 12:52 PM
Advertisement

WutupNJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Yea so much for the class of the Sunbelt. Yemi has ALOT to learn, he's going to need that senior year to develop alot. Rodney Billups has quickness , but not much else. Sounds liek an overrated team, that has just had its way alot. Antonio Porch and Erik Benzel were vital pieces to this team , but once you shut them down as UL did, the pressure and defense collapses on the other two options. Thus, a 20 point whippin, a posterized Denver player in the closing seconds, and UL big man Cameron winning the three point contest.
03-09-2005 10:12 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

Hey, Denver beat Lafayette twice this year. They have a very good team. And just remember how many players they get back for next year. They are going to be even better next year. Pity we play them in Denver next year. I have a friend that lives out there. Maybe I will have to fly out for the game.
03-10-2005 07:37 PM
nickdanger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Another NCAA DI Title for Denver

Today Denver won its 18th NCAA Skiing Championship and in a week or so we will be off to defend our NCAA Men's Hockey Championship. All this and hopefully a win or two in the NIT.

Go Pioneers the class of the Sun Belt and soon to be the class of the WCC, WAC or MVC
03-12-2005 07:40 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

What does skiing have to do with Belt? You're not the class of the Belt when you don't win anything IN THE BELT!
03-12-2005 08:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.