Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Akron Nightlife
Bookmark and Share
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

On a Middle Tennessee message board, there has been some interest in exploring the nightlife of the city of Akron. I was hoping I could get some suggestions from some of the local residents on places worth going to after the Akron-MT game. One poster has stated that he intends to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton on Sunday. Where do most people like to go after the games in Akron? I personally do not intend to attend the game but just wanted to help out others who will be making the trip to Akron.

As an Ohioan, I certainly hope that the people of Akron will be extremely hospitable to the MT folks.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
07-15-2004 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

The Akron folks really don't post here much. Best off posting it on http://www.zipsnation.org. That apears to be their main hangout now.
07-16-2004 06:55 AM
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Thanks, Flash! I posted my message on the Zips new board. Hopefully I will get some responses from it.
07-16-2004 09:07 AM
Advertisement

imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Two main nightlife scnes in Akron:

Downtown by Canal Park

The Valley. I have only been down there a couple of times, so you'll have to get directions from somebody else.

Good Luck
07-19-2004 01:33 PM
Captain Kangaroo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: OU's Mascot
Crappies

As stated above, if you're from out of town and looking the find "Akron Nightlife," the downtown area near Canal Park is the best place. Lots of bars, big and small, and plenty of good places to eat. The University is only a couple blocks away...it would be worth checking out as it has undergone a major makeover in the past 2 years.

Near the campus on Exchange street are a few campus bars. BW-3's, The Sun Bar and Grill (much more "bar" than "grill") and a place called 100 Taps(?) are decent places to go. Not as nice as downtown, however.

Remember: The Rubber Bowl is about 5 miles from campus.

If you are planning on tailgating at The Ruber Bowl, do so in the lower bowl area near the airdock. That's the best tailgate lot by FAR. It is best reached by taking route 77 to rt 224.

Hope that helps.
07-23-2004 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.