Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bored
Bookmark and Share
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I was bored this evening (reruns on all channels) and thought I'd surf awhile and came upon this site. I don't post to the Haven but would love to have a public Hilltopper Board to post to so I'll keep checking back to see if anyone else wants to participate.
06-08-2005 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ALLIESPAPPY Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Well, Bubba: is WKU going to stay in the SBC or travel on?
06-09-2005 07:56 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Sure stick around. Looks like the MAC won't be calling, so we can keep you on the SBC boards. Theres some WKU posters, but they LOVVVVVE the MAC board, even though they aren't members. Good luck trying to get this board running.
06-09-2005 12:05 PM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I believe the Tops will stay in the Belt for the near future. The sudden silence on several boards about being offered a bid to the MAC and the sudden upswell of talk on the Haven about how the Belt is a good, improving conference makes me think the MAC deal has fallen through. I'm not overly disappointed. I like our Sunbelt brethren and the rivalries we've developed here. I've always said I prefer a southern conference over the MAC... Don't get me wrong, there are several things abouth the MAC that I like and I feel we would have done well there but if the Sunbelt is truely headed in the right direction, I'd prefer to stay. I feel much better about the Sunbelt now that some of the "far flung" schools are departing and new schools are coming in that fit within a logical geographic footprint.

Also, Cajunman02, I've read and posted to the MAC boards too since all of the "speculation" about WKU to the MAC began in full force a couple months back. I don't consider it a slight to my conference. The info they've provided has been much better than a lot of the assumptions made on other boards. Also, I believe the WKU fans enjoy visiting the MAC Board because the MAC posters have heaped mounds of praise on WKU and it's hoops tradition. It's refreshing considering the pounding we receive from a handful of Sunbelt posters (mostly MTSU fans) on the Belt boards....granted numerous Belt posters have shown class and support for WKU too...but one or two bad apples spoils the apple cart. I hope the other WKU posters on the MAC board realize that the WKU adulation will end if we join the MAC.

Even though my gut tells me the MAC deal has fallen through, I do believe we will make the move to IA....and I'd love nothing better than to compete in IA football in the Sunbelt.
06-09-2005 03:35 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Topper's are going I-A. That is not an "if", just a "when"

The MAC deal has not fallen through. An invite may not come by June 30th, but I suspect something might come by September.

IF the MAC deal does not happen, I won't be sad a bit. Honestly, I am just ready for something definitive... either way. The Sun Belt is not a bad conference. I am concerned about the future, but I am concerned about the future of the MAC as well. I do think when the Big East splits, the trickle down will eventually kill a conference... either the WAC or the SBC or maybe even the C-USA. Their just won't be enough teams out there. The MAC is looking safe with 13 schools. Time will tell. I'll be happy when all the allignment is over and teams can work together and not have to hedge themselves constantly.
06-10-2005 02:16 PM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

galojay, I agree. I think IA football at WKU is definately gonna happen...when it'll happen IS the only question. I also agree with your analysis of the future shakeups coming down the pike. The MAC seems more stable and less likely to lose schools than the Sunbelt but if one of the "big" conferences comes calling, fans of any school in the MAC or Belt that say their school is loyal and will stay put are delusional. If they think their school wouldn't jump at the chance to join one of the "big" conferences they need to have their heads examined.

Like you, I just want to have an answer. I realize these things take awhile to develop but all the speculation drives me nuts. I'm just happy that we have a top notch Prez and AD willing to take WKU forward rather than accepting the status quo.
06-10-2005 04:44 PM
Advertisement

Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

The MAC Presidents are scheduled to meet again in October. Expansion is supposed to be a topic on the table. My guess is that WKU will eventually get invited, probably before June of 2006 so they can join the MAC in the summer of 2007.
06-23-2005 02:21 PM
Quote this message in a reply
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Okay, I am in whats one more board? I like Haven, but do get the point that some of our conference brethren want to make. Even though I think their posts would be welcome on Haven if they would tone down some statements. I also think their wouldn't be as many "Haven Haters" if some tops fans would back of the scourched earth policy they seem to have towards the Sunbelt.
06-23-2005 02:29 PM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Although I think the statements by a few SB fans about the Haven and/or WKU would exist even if the Haven was "open", at least now they wouldn't be able to use the same, tired argument that we (WKU fans) are all are represented by a few diehard Haven fans.

The vitriolic rantings of "some" of our conference brethren against WKU are easily ignored though. There are many knowledgeable, classy SBC posters and I enjoy the comraderie the various boards provide. This is the one element that the Haven doesn't provide. It is a "Haven" and I have nothing against a private board....it's a free country. We just need to be more involved in discussions with, instead of without our conference partners.
06-23-2005 02:51 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee

True, you are a wise man full of sense. Back to the MAC crap. I see you guys being 1-AA being a big problem in this deal. Also you haven't lived up to the hype associated with your basketball program lately. Do what WKU thinks is best, but I see the Sun Belt as the best for you.
06-23-2005 02:54 PM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Raider_ATO,

However much it pains me to agree with you, I do.
06-23-2005 02:58 PM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Guys I don't think you two are getting off to a good start with these open discussions! Why you are being down right polite to each other! 03-wink
06-23-2005 03:16 PM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Once basketball season starts, the niceties tend to dissipate....but it's usually all in good fun.
06-23-2005 03:22 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

SBC fans would have a better shot getting on the Haven if they would not be ***holes on the SBC board. They are not winning anyone over constantly harassing Topper fans. Complaining they can't post, and then attacking the few Topper fans that try to come to them.

Good luck.
06-23-2005 03:32 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

My, my, my. An unprotected WKU message board. And on the SunBelt BBS no less. Is this a concession that the mighty WKU might NOT be jumping ship as was once gleefully spewed all over Hilltopper Haven? Are some Toppers offering an olive branch? Is WKU conceding the handwriting on the wall and they will be remaining in the "SuckBelt," as it is commonly referred to on HH, for at least another year or two? Has Western Kentucky finally decided to play NICE for once in the sandbox, instead of kicking sand all over everyone?

I will come in peace to the BBS after this posting. I'm just shocked that some Westerners will put themselves out there in cyberspace without the security of HH behind them to prevent any posting responses or defenders from non-Havenites like me. After about one year of reading HH and some of the ridiculous, egotistical, arrogant crap that it put out there, I am surprised that any Havenite will put themselves in such a vulnerable position. And I am salivating at the opportunity to finally be able to poke some jabs back to our eastern sister school. :saber: So just bear with me for a moment.

The funny thing about BBS's is that they save every undeleted post in their archives. Anyone who is bored can venture over to Haven and read the member's postings. I guarantee you that your time will not be wasted, and SunBelters may be in for a shocking treat if they haven't been there before. Here is the link: <a href='http://p094.ezboard.com/bhilltopperhaven' target='_blank'>http://p094.ezboard.com/bhilltopperhaven</a> Considering perusing the HH Message Board, scroll back a couple of months, and take a gander at what some Toppers think of your schools and your conference overall (plus some other rivals like Murray State).

I would not be surprised if others come over here and release their pent-up frustation at some Haven posts. Toppers - you should probably expect that. It'll blow over once we get it out of our system. You have to admit it is pretty sleazy to lob crap on your board as well as ours, and then run back to the safety of HH knowing damn well we can't respond on your board. I am sure some SunBelters know what I am talking about.

Looking forward to reading this board and how WKU portrays themselves here. Should be an interesting read.
06-23-2005 05:04 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

WKU is a part of the Sun Belt BBS based on the fact that as of today Thursday June 23, 2005 we are a member of the Sun Belt Conference. Whether WKU joins the MAC or stays in the Sun Belt, has nothing to do with the location of this board. If a move takes place, then the board will be moved as well. If there is not a move then we will gladly stay right where we are. I have nothing against the Sun Belt and hope that it keeps improving on an annual basis in every sport. If WKU's permanent home turns out to be the same as it's current home then that will be just fine with me. For the most part I have nothing against the Sun Belt, though there are a few minor things that I dislike about it. However I would thing that most fans of other schools can always find a few things they don't like about their current conference.
06-23-2005 05:11 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

Donators

You all have put way too much thought into all this. I don't think anyone posts anything on the Haven with the thought they are safe. People post there because that is "THE" board.

Racer, you guys are as bad as the rest of the SBC. I never have to read HH, I can just go to the SBC and Murray board and get the just. You guys should invest in an RSS feed from HH to your alls board, it would save you some time copy and pasting.

And once again, some Topper fans try to come out and chat on an unmoderated board, and they just get attacked, which only encourages them to go back to the HH.

I don't think anyone minds discussing and debating... but it seems 100% attack mode everywhere.. giving no reason for a Topper fan to put up with it. Give a little love.
06-23-2005 05:14 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Galojay...like I said, I'm coming in peace after my initial post. I'm all for good discussion and debate without the severe flaming. To respond to your comment about the Haven posters, I *DO* think they feel like they can post freely without repercussion or backlash. It's an insulated, tightly-ruled board. Anyone with balls will register on other boards under their same HH name. I'm not sure how many actually do it. Maybe 'Beed and a few others. The rest, I bet, sign up under different names to protect themselves because they aren't willing to expose themselves in both places, and make themselves vulnerable.

And yes some of us dish it out like it is dished out to us. At least we have an open board for the dishing to occur!! :)
06-23-2005 05:24 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

racerbymarriage Wrote:My, my, my. An unprotected WKU message board. And on the SunBelt BBS no less. Is this a concession that the mighty WKU might NOT be jumping ship as was once gleefully spewed all over Hilltopper Haven? Are some Toppers offering an olive branch? Is WKU conceding the handwriting on the wall and they will be remaining in the "SuckBelt," as it is commonly referred to on HH, for at least another year or two? Has Western Kentucky finally decided to play NICE for once in the sandbox, instead of kicking sand all over everyone?

I will come in peace to the BBS after this posting. I'm just shocked that some Westerners will put themselves out there in cyberspace without the security of HH behind them to prevent any posting responses or defenders from non-Havenites like me. After about one year of reading HH and some of the ridiculous, egotistical, arrogant crap that it put out there, I am surprised that any Havenite will put themselves in such a vulnerable position.&nbsp; And I am salivating at the opportunity to finally be able to poke some jabs back to our eastern sister school. :saber:&nbsp; So just bear with me for a moment.

The funny thing about BBS's is that they save every undeleted post in their archives. Anyone who is bored can venture over to Haven and read the member's postings. I guarantee you that your time will not be wasted, and SunBelters may be in for a shocking treat if they haven't been there before.&nbsp; Here is the link: <a href='http://p094.ezboard.com/bhilltopperhaven' target='_blank'>http://p094.ezboard.com/bhilltopperhaven</a>&nbsp; Considering perusing the HH Message Board, scroll back a couple of months, and take a gander at what some Toppers think of your schools and your conference overall (plus some other rivals like Murray State).

I would not be surprised if others come over here and release their pent-up frustation at some Haven posts. Toppers - you should probably expect that. It'll blow over once we get it out of our system. You have to admit it is pretty sleazy to lob crap on your board as well as ours, and then run back to the safety of HH knowing damn well we can't respond on your board. I am sure some SunBelters know what I am talking about.&nbsp;

Looking forward to reading this board and how WKU portrays themselves here. Should be an interesting read.
Actually, that will make you no different than those "mean old Havenites", you can say anything you want but a very valid point Western fans have about the Sunbelt board is the fact that they take two or three posters in a community of 50 and try to paint thousands of people by using that 2-3 posters.

I assume that your name you a Murray fan. Hehehehe cute little school! :saber: Your little school should get over its envy of Western! For all our Sunbelt brethren Murray is afraid to play Western in football!
06-23-2005 05:26 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

What part of "I will come in peace after this message" did your red-bleeding eyes miss? :) Don't make me start in on your mascot...
06-23-2005 05:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.