Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So what's the latest word...
Bookmark and Share
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I know this is a SB board but I have to ask anyway...

What's the chance of WKU and MSU making up and getting the MBB series back on the books this year? Or other friendly athletic rivalries between our two schools? Have you guys heard anything on your end? I heard that there might be some negotiations going on...can't confirm it though.

As much as some of our fans detest each other, our rivalry seems too important in too many ways to just let it die out. Here's hoping to cooler heads prevailing and we get the ability to meet on the court AS WELL AS in cyberspace. 04-cheers
06-23-2005 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Based on what I have heard, the basketball series was discontinued by WKU as a result of Murray deciding to no longer play WKU in Football. I would say if Murray would be willing to resume the Football series then WKU would gladly resume the Basketball series.
06-23-2005 05:21 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Heh heh I think it would be fair to say no one really knows who did what, where, when how and why. MSU screwed WKU, WKU screwed MSU...at this point, IMO, it's moot because no one seems to REALLY know anything. And we could debate the heck out of it, but it still won't answer the question as to whether or not its coming back or not. What's your OOC MBB schedule shaping up to be this year?
06-23-2005 05:30 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Someone else from WKU can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but if I remember right there was an article printed in the Herald or Daily News quoting an Athletic Department official stating that the basketball series would be discontinued due to Murray's not playing WKU in Football.

From what I know of this season's OOC schedule it looks like this:

Georgia (H)
Virginia (H)
Pacific (H)
EKU (A)
Evansville (H)
Bradley (A) return game from Bracket Buster
Central Florida (N) Part of a tournament at University of Arizona

The following are possibilties as I am not sure of their status:
Montana (A)
Bracket Buster (A)
06-23-2005 06:04 PM
Advertisement

RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee

If you don't MURDER Georgia, I will lose all faith in the WKU MBB program. 03-wink
06-23-2005 07:51 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

If the WKU/MSU series doesn't continue, well then I won't lose sleep over it. Maybe it is time we went out separate ways. It does seem a shame to see a huge rivalry go down in flames though...

WKUTopper - Ah, there's no pro-WKU bias going on with the BG rag, is there? :)

MSU's OOC schedule looks like it will be:

Rice - Old Bracket Buster - H
New Bracket Buster - ?
U Tenn - site TBA (either Knoxville or GEC in Nashville)
SIU - H
UTSA - A
Maybe a Las Vegas tourney?

Our board says we might have one empty slot...?

I'm sure once the MSU posters discover this board they'll be here posting as well...

EDIT: I forgot to include the U Cincinnati game - A
06-23-2005 08:40 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

If what I've heard holds true, the series will likely renew in 2006-07.

The Sun Belt is changing the # of games played in a conference schedule and the uncertainty of that meant dropping the MSU game. The MSU game was the only contract that was up for renewal. All our other games were in the middle of contracts, so that game fell victim

At least that is how I understand it.

As for the MSU vs WKU football... I don't see that being renewed. With WKU's eventual jump to I-A in the next five years, we won't be looking for I-AAs to play.

Quote:I'm sure once the MSU posters discover this board they'll be here posting as well...

I'll continue to post here as long as this doesn't become an overpopulation of WKU bashers from other schools stirring trouble. I won't spend my time on here defending WKU with every post. Remember this is a WKU forum. Respect it as such.
06-23-2005 09:00 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Galojay - the RacerNation board isn't hopping at all. I doubt MSU fans will post on this site until FB or BB season rolls around...and hopefully all will be respectful, since we call for that on our board...
06-23-2005 11:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.