Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Plain Dealer gives MAC its due
Bookmark and Share
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The Plain Dealer college football preview gave the MAC at least as much space as the Big Ten. OSU got the cover of the sports section, but the MAC actually got more real estate -- two pages to the Big Ten's one-and-a-half or so. And that doesn't include a short story Elton Alexander did on the ESPN deal.

I was impressed.

May the best MAC defense win

<a href='http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1061807483100190.xml' target='_blank'>http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...07483100190.xml</a>

Mid-American Conference preview

<a href='http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1061807447100190.xml' target='_blank'>http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...07447100190.xml</a>

MAC fast facts

<a href='http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1061807467100190.xml' target='_blank'>http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...07467100190.xml</a>
08-25-2003 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

:snore:
08-25-2003 02:13 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Once a BG boy, always a birdbrain. :rolleyes:
08-25-2003 02:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd

That's about as insightful as the Pig Squeeler has ever gotten with MAC football. They aren't very in tune with the MAC because their regional coverage includes Kent and Akron. Two schools which have not had a good history in football. MAC hoops is slightly better.

Oh, and here's a quiz:

Question: What happens when a UT grad moves to Michigan?

Answer: The average intelligence quotient goes up for both states.
08-25-2003 03:12 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

question: what does the scoreboard say?

answer: football UT 42 - BG 24
basketball UT 73 - BG 59, UT 68 - BG 64
:ownd:
08-25-2003 03:24 PM
Advertisement

Roberto Gato Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio, Ohio and Ohio

Alumnus for sale...

Athens (AP) - Ohio University has put up a for sale sign on alumnus Elton Alexander.

"We feel like we can get a couple hundred dollars for him, if we really hold out" University President Robert Glidden said.

Glidden noted that he's never seen an alum show such disrespect to his own school. "Did the dude just pick us below Buffalo? Is this the same guy that refuses to call us Ohio? You can have him." Glidden later added "He's not that good a reporter anyway."

Ohio athletics director Tom Boeh echoed the sentiments of his employer. "We've worked very hard on brand marketing in recent years," Boeh noted. "You'd think an alum would go along for the ride."

Head coach Brian Knorr also took exception to the MAC predictions.

"He really Knorred those predictions," Knorr said with a smile. "But the only props he gave were to Dennis Chukwuemeka, but he called him DAN!!!"

Alexander is listed on Ebay with a minimum bid of $5, no reserve. No bids have been offered yet.
08-25-2003 03:34 PM
Rightupinthere Offline

TJRocket Wrote:question: what does the scoreboard say?

answer: football UT 42 - BG 24
basketball UT 73 - BG 59,&nbsp; UT 68 - BG 64
:ownd:
And that has WHAT to do with the overall capacity for reasonable thought?

On further contemplation, you are correct. One year of defeating our football team and (very injured) basketball team does make you a much more learned person and your university of higher caliber.

Oh thank you, Great One, for allowing me to bask in your intellect and wit. I am humbled by your presence. 04-bow
08-25-2003 04:09 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The P-D could have picked Eastern Michigan to win the West, and it still would have been bang up coverage.

The MAC got a lot of space today. The P-D deserves credit for that.
08-25-2003 04:13 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Agreed!
08-25-2003 04:23 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I agree with that. Nice amount of coverage. The stupidity of the actual picks is astounding, but for sheer real estate, we were treated well.

It appears that my birdbrain comments were off-base, too...I had been told that Elton Alexander was a BG grad.
08-26-2003 04:42 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Rightupinthere Offline

Oddball Wrote:I agree with that. Nice amount of coverage. The stupidity of the actual picks is astounding, but for sheer real estate, we were treated well.

It appears that my birdbrain comments were off-base, too...I had been told that Elton Alexander was a BG grad.
Ah, as my witticism was a tad offbase as well. Oddball, I was under the same assumption as you.
08-26-2003 06:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.