Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What would you change
Bookmark and Share
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

What is the one thing you would change about WKU basketball, by this I mean if you could change anything within the university.(So don't say put us in the ACC, SEC, or make UL(BE) or UK play us every year.
06-30-2005 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUTops Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

More students attending games.
06-30-2005 09:45 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Just realized that I didn't answer my own question. My answer without a doubt: the Red Towel Section gets booted up and floor seating is for students. I get so sick of being at a well attended game that is loud and fun then go home and watch Sports Center highlights and it looks like the Toppers played to an empty house because the corporate sponsers didn't bother to make sure there seats were filled and the few that are there are sitting on there hands looking like they have one foot in the grave!

Even if you can't take the seats away from "the money" that owns the seat at least make them RSVP before the game. If it is game time and they haven't RSVP'd (called saying I'm on my way just late) then those seats should be opened up to the students! :mad:

I now feel better! :)
06-30-2005 10:24 AM
Advertisement

PrimeRateWKUFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Maybe a button on your chair that you could push that would automatically or magically produce dippin' dots... 03-wink
06-30-2005 11:33 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Dippin Dots :pop: hmmmmmmm
06-30-2005 11:52 AM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Actually wouldn't it be cool if you could call and get your concessions brought to your seat? I'm sure the university has plenty of money to pay for that extravagance! :wave:
06-30-2005 11:53 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

On the Club Level at the FedEx Forum during Grizzlies games they actually have waiters that come around and take your order. There is a menu in your cupholder and they'll come by however ofter or you can wave them over. They have these PDA's that they punch in the orders and they're usually ready by the time the waiter heads to get them, so your food/beverage comes out quickly. It's pretty cool.

To answer the question though, I'd also move all of the students to the floor. After all, it is their school and they're paying to be there (yes, I know we pay for tickets too). I've always hated seeing half of the lower section empty and the other half always sitting on their hands. There are several fans down there that really get into the game, and I wouldn't want to take that away from them.

I also think they should take the seats out of the student section all together. If the students are forced to stand up and cheer, then they may be more apt to actually do it. If given the opportunity to sit down and chill, then they're going to do that too. I think, for the most part, that our students are into the game and make the atmosphere what it is. I hope they realize we have a very good team this upcoming season and show up in full force. After all, the students are usually what drive the rest of the fans at the games. Well, except Dahbeed.
06-30-2005 04:31 PM
Advertisement

PrimeRateWKUFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I've been in the "Glass and Brass" private suites at Keeneland and they have "private waiter service". It's pretty nice, except you'll get ripped fairly good on the price of a stinkin' sandwich. I seem to recall something like 10 bucks for a 'minter cheese and for a ham hoagie.

I sneaked down to the "poor section" and bought a 2 buck hotdog...
06-30-2005 06:26 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I don't gamble so I never really got into the track!
06-30-2005 11:09 PM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Of course I do get up in the morning so that is a gamble in one sense.
06-30-2005 11:47 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

How about changing the attitude of our coach towards staff and fans? Coach Horn is a WONDERFUL recruiter, a great coach. But his treatment of staff and snubbing of fan functions is not winning him many points. The turnover of assistant coaches is a good indicator of problems.

Horn controls his destiny, he needs to straighten up some things before its costs him.
07-01-2005 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.