Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Caption Contest for BGSU scoreboard.
Bookmark and Share
FtLauderdaleRocket Offline
Yet Another Florida Rocket

I Root For: Toledo

If anyone wants to talk smack...take it to the other thread!!!!

[Image: 197.jpg]

Obviously, that's just the top chunk of it.

Good captions so far.........

Where does the candle go in that jack-o-lantern?

I thought it was a "Hooter's"billboard.

Are you folks sure that's not the weight for this year's tractor pull?

Maybe that is a picture of the new portable multi-use outhouse.

"Bowling Green officials are embarrassed that the new Anderson Arena Scoreboard hangs way too low."

Northwestern Ohio-style graffiti is the big new hit among urban thugs.

"Realizing that the scoreboard was supposed to be pink to match the railings......it was loaded onto a truck to take it back to the factory to repaint it."

Will the bottom half include a Jumbotron big enough to replay a Fat Punter running down the sidelines for a score?

Actually.....the BGSU "Jumbotron" is extra jumbo to fit the Big Girls on it!

off-camera foreman heard yelling.... Get that $#it brown monstrosity out of this plant before somebody sees it....and for GOD'S SAKE....put a tarp over it!!!!!!

The quality assurance manager rejected the sign 3 times until he realized that the colors were actually per customer spec.

Wood County's 2nd largest cigarette carton.

"DAMMIT!!! I said baby turd brown! That is clearly skidmark brown! YOU'RE FIRED!!! Will SOMEone get me the can of baby turd brown so we can get this POS painted and off to that glorified truck stop toilet of a school in Bowling Green?"

If you turn it around and put doors on it, it could be the world's largest port-a-potty! "It's Hideous Jerry!"

Paving the way in collegiate merchandising Bowling Green becomes the first school to offer it's alumni school spirit double wides, sure to be a best seller in Wood County.

"Now Bowling Green has more traffic cones than trees."

They're not gonna try to put that up in THE TREE, are they?

It would look good on "the hill" next to "the pitched roof."

Hey, the top of that scoreboard could be the only roof on campus that isn't flat!

I still believe it's the weight for the annual tractor pull, and I understand the true "ballast" for it is contained in a series of compartments suitable for the coeds of Big Girl State U.

As part of Coach Brandon's contract incentives he is awarded the first offical BGSU "modular" home, and for winning the MAC West last year the good folks threw in Wood County's second and third tree!

And last but not least.....

They had to send it back to be fixed.

[Image: bgtm.jpg]
07-14-2004 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I went to a better school than you did! Um, nevermind...
07-15-2004 04:58 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Rosary Cathedral?
07-15-2004 06:28 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Karl Wrote:Rosary Cathedral?
Trademarked skateboard ramp for Wood County X-Games.
07-15-2004 07:01 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Karl Wrote:Rosary Cathedral?
St. Hedwig, actually. After the kids from St, Adelberts would steal our bikes we'd go steal some new ones from the kids at Rosary Cathedral. I think Fred started that tradition.
07-15-2004 07:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd

Hmmmmmmmm. Allow me to preface this post with the fact that I love my school and I love the new scoreboard.

[Image: g-0309-lg.jpg]

Did anyone notice anything peculiar about this picture?

They put ORANGE cones around this thing. How could anyone miss it? Perhaps their safeguarding against heavily inebriated farm workers riding sidesaddle in their 1978 Dodge Diplomat. However, I don't believe cones would slow them down. You would have to put up flashing red and blue lights for those boys to avoid the area.

I found humor and wanted to point it out.

Personally, I like the "Paving the way in collegiate merchandising Bowling Green becomes the first school to offer it's alumni school spirit double wides, sure to be a best seller in Wood County." That was by far the funniest IMHO.
07-15-2004 07:17 AM
Advertisement

RedSteve Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Rightupinthere Wrote:Hmmmmmmmm. Allow me to preface this post with the fact that I love my school and I love the new scoreboard.

They photoshopped in two trees?
07-15-2004 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dodo Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The other thing I noticed is that the scoreboard sits precariously close to the only two trees on campus. Just imagine if they'd accidentily taken those trees down! :eek:
07-15-2004 08:37 AM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Dodo Wrote:The other thing I noticed is that the scoreboard sits precariously close to the only two trees on campus. Just imagine if they'd accidentily taken those trees down! :eek:
Dammit guys....there are 4 trees on campus!!! Give us come credit. 03-razz
07-15-2004 08:50 AM
Dodo Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Wouldn't it be funny next time we played at BG if everyone brought a small tree and just started planting them outside of Doyt?

Just a thought.
07-15-2004 09:00 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

BG brings in a new scoreboard...Josh Harris wore out the old one.

Or,

BG prepares for the Omar Jacobs era by bringing in a fresh scoreboard.

I'm sincerely glad the rest of you can amuse yourselves, since our enjoyment comes from watching BG romp over your teams. :angel:
07-15-2004 10:04 AM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DrTorch Wrote:BG prepares for the Omar Jacobs era by bringing in a fresh scoreboard.
....to draw BGSU fans' eyes away from the field, where the Falcon offense looks like it's playing in mud....oh, wait....it is. :D
07-15-2004 10:09 AM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

<a href='http://muredhawks.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/mioh-m-footbl-sched-2003.html' target='_blank'>So, I see.</a>

Where does the banner for "2003 MACC Runners-Up" attach?
07-15-2004 10:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Rightupinthere Wrote:Hmmmmmmmm. Allow me to preface this post with the fact that I love my school and I love the new scoreboard.

They put ORANGE cones around this thing. How could anyone miss it? Perhaps their safeguarding against heavily inebriated farm workers riding sidesaddle in their 1978 Dodge Diplomat. However, I don't believe cones would slow them down. You would have to put up flashing red and blue lights for those boys to avoid the area.

Personally, I like the "Paving the way in collegiate merchandising Bowling Green becomes the first school to offer it's alumni school spirit double wides, sure to be a best seller in Wood County." That was by far the funniest IMHO.
Maybe the orange cones are attracted there because they believe the scoreboard is the mothership destined to take them home!
07-15-2004 10:11 AM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Dodo Wrote:Wouldn't it be funny next time we played at BG if everyone brought a small tree and just started planting them outside of Doyt?

Just a thought.
04-bow :rofl:
07-15-2004 10:16 AM
RangerRocket Online
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

If nothing else hopefully the thing will block some of the gale force winds that blow through the Doyt. I also think that TMSU has certainly used up the world's supply of Orange for 2004. Look for Halloween decorations to cost a pretty penny this year as a result.
07-15-2004 10:17 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

skeeter Wrote:Maybe the orange cones are attracted there because they believe the scoreboard is the mothership destined to take them home!
03-lol 03-lol
07-15-2004 10:23 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Part of new irrigation system for the Doyt.
07-15-2004 10:24 AM
DrTorch Offline

At the risk of repeating yesterday's mistake; who exactly is destined to be pumping gas?
[Image: ToledoRocketsFuel_logo.jpg]
07-15-2004 10:25 AM
Dodo Offline
1st String

I Root For:

DrTorch Wrote:At the risk of repeating yesterday's mistake; who exactly is destined to be pumping gas?
[Image: ToledoRocketsFuel_logo.jpg]
04-bow :rofl:

One of you BG guys with Photoshop should change the logo letter to "Toledo Career Placement Office." 03-wink

In case someone doesn't understand, the "wink" emoticon means that I'm kidding.
07-15-2004 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.