Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What Is Chryst's Strategy
Bookmark and Share
Santa Fe Falcon Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Basking in all this glory for the MAC, what do you think Chryst's strategy is for the future of the MAC (and what do you think it should be?) Maybe his strategy for now is to play a waiting game until 2004 or 2005, thinking that from a performance standpoint, the future for the top MAC teams looks good over the next couple of years and the conference is in a strong position in that regard.

My guess is he's going to hit ESPN pretty hard and argue for even more TV games. I also expect he'll be lobbying hard with the Bowl committees. And I think we might see something on the MACC situation. What about scheduling? Can he play a role here? We've heard about the Navy/Army possibility, but nothing lately. The out of conference scheduling seems to be reaching a high for the MAC. Can it get better? Sure would be nice to get some more high profile games at home, but the MAC has been making some good progress there. I suppose the big question is can Chryst develop a strategy that will improve the financial situation for the MAC.

But what about conference membership and realignment? Will he play a waiting game there? I think maybe so (with the exception of inviting UCF for all sports membership). I'm thinking that the chances of losing teams to other conferences is decreasing.

What do you think his strategy should be?
09-21-2003 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

As members of the MAC, I think our schools' strategy should be to keep Rick Chryst, no matter what the cost.
09-21-2003 12:27 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Lobbying the bowls is the biggest step right now. You gotta convince recruits that winning will be rewarded. The financial gain of lower tier bowls is minimal, but hopefully teams can break even.

In all honesty, there is enough youth that if Turner and Ben don't leave for the NFL, then NIU, Miami (OH), BG and Toledo could be as good or better next season. Marshall loses some receivers, but they seem to take care of themselves.
So, item #2 is convincing networks to broadcast more of the games...hey they're good entertainment.

I haven't seen a clear answer to the MACC situation, there is no big stadium, near the center of the MAC, that isn't a MAC school.

It would be good to see UCF meet their potential, and then see WMU, CMU, BSU and Ohio U. back to the high level their capable of. That would be a stout conference. (Not that Chryst really controls any of this.)
09-21-2003 02:56 PM
Advertisement

Knight in Shining Armor Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Crappies

UCF reach our potential? With our "Big Mouth" Coach 03-banghead
You have got to be kidding me. The natives are getting restless in Orlando and we are getting tired of Kruzeck's mouth of all talk and not action on the football field. UCF has talent. It is being wasted by
this coaching staff. I thought it was just 1 or 2 games but Syracuse kicked us in the 03-nutkick and it hurt. Syracuse is not that good. :mad:
09-21-2003 07:21 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Turner's a senior. He'll definitely be entering the draft. :D
09-22-2003 11:47 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

HuskieDan Wrote:Turner's a senior. He'll definitely be entering the draft. :D
I thought he was a junior.

Still, you have that kid from WI, who rushed for 3000! yds in HS. I want to see how good he is.
09-22-2003 12:31 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Knight in Shining Armor Wrote:I thought it was just 1 or 2 games but Syracuse kicked us in the 03-nutkick and it hurt. Syracuse is not that good.  :mad:
How bad will it feel if Kent beats you this Sat. at a near empty Dix Stadium?
09-22-2003 12:33 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DrTorch Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:Turner's a senior.  He'll definitely be entering the draft.  :D
I thought he was a junior.

Still, you have that kid from WI, who rushed for 3000! yds in HS. I want to see how good he is.
We are stocked at RB when Turner graduates. His backups are Adrian Davis, a 5-6 sparkplug, and AJ Harris, a 6-2 great athlete from Wheaton North HS - he sees some carries. We brought in two excellent recruits this year - Cas Prime of which you spoke, he's 6-1 215, and Greg Owens, a 5-10 205lb speedster from Joliet Catholic. Prime's being redshirted, but was on the travelling team this week.

BTW - I've heard that Prime will be an absolute stud - tough, big, strong, very good speed. Harris might be moved to the WR/TE/FB position that we call the Q position (our #1 Keith Perry occupies this currently).
09-22-2003 01:16 PM
rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

Basking in all this glory for the MAC, what do you think Chryst's strategy is for the future of the MAC (and what do you think it should be?)

I would not change the MAC. I love it just as it is. Yes, we have some bottom dwellers, but as a long time Rocket fan I can remember many years when UT, Marshall, and NIU were bottom dwellers. Ten years from now we might be talking about the Buffalo dynasty. 03-lol
09-22-2003 02:53 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

rockytop Wrote:I would not change the MAC. I love it just as it is. Yes, we have some bottom dwellers, but as a long time Rocket fan I can remember many years when UT, Marshall, and NIU were bottom dwellers. Ten years from now we might be talking about the Buffalo dynasty. 03-lol
Don't be bringing that common sense nonsense on this board! :D
09-22-2003 02:56 PM
Quote this message in a reply
mmcincy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miami

Santa Fe Falcon Wrote:Basking in all this glory for the MAC, what do you think Chryst's strategy is for the future of the MAC (and what do you think it should be?)
I think he should go try to grab Miami (FL), BC, and Syracuse............ oh wait, nevermind. :rofl:
09-22-2003 03:02 PM
mmcincy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miami

mmcincy Wrote:I think he should go try to grab Miami (FL), BC, and Syracuse............ oh wait, nevermind.    :rofl:
Oh wait, maybe he should do that after all. I mean that way those 3 could "raise their level of play" by being associated with Marshall. :D
09-22-2003 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.