Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top Excuses of BCS Schools
Bookmark and Share
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:

After this monumental weekend so much good press, but you still have to read the backhanded "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?" kinds of things, as if Djibouti had beaten the Canadiens in hockey. A few say things like, "The MAC could not do this on a week-in week-out basis, but...."

Hello? The MAC IS doing it on a weekly basis. Don't try to act like it is a fluke at the very moment the schools are proving it is NOT A FLUKE.

To this end, this link is devoted to the top excuses (of the BCS as a whole or individual teams....)

For instance:

BCS: It's not fair, because the MAC teams have so few bowl options, these games mean a whole lot more to them!

Kansas State: We actually meant to schedule Howard, but they had a prior commitment.
09-23-2003 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

MacLord Wrote:After this monumental weekend so much good press, but you still have to read the backhanded "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?" kinds of things, as if Djibouti had beaten the Canadiens in hockey. A few say things like, "The MAC could not do this on a week-in week-out basis, but...."

Hello? The MAC IS doing it on a weekly basis. Don't try to act like it is a fluke at the very moment the schools are proving it is NOT A FLUKE.

To this end, this link is devoted to the top excuses (of the BCS as a whole or individual teams....)

For instance:

BCS: It's not fair, because the MAC teams have so few bowl options, these games mean a whole lot more to them!

Kansas State: We actually meant to schedule Howard, but they had a prior commitment.
We had a Bama fan come on our board to inform us we didn't WIN on Saturday, Bama LOST. He also mentioned Bama would beat us 9 out of 10 times.

I told him to get all of his friends to petition their AD to schedule a game in DeKalb. Something tells me that won't be happening anytime soon. :D

My personal favorite excuse is "we play to the competition." A lot of the Wisconsin people used that one last year.
09-23-2003 10:36 AM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

As far as our very close call with the Champs, most OSU fans have said things like...

"Well, we were in control for most of the game". Really? BG had more 1st downs, more yards and was ONE play away from tying or possibly winning the game with a td and 2 pt conversion. I fully believe we can beat the Buckeyes. Too many mistakes cost us that win.

Purdue fans, for the most part, offered no excuses. They pretty much said BG just won the game.
09-23-2003 11:03 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies

I got the same thing in Lexington Ky. when Kent beat Alabama on the way to the Elite 8. "We would beat you 8 out of 10." Hell, we say 2 different games then. We had a better team period. The collective IQ of the Alabama players totaled that of a rock. Huff and Mitch made their NBA dreaming guards look like grade schoolers. They just do no get it.
09-23-2003 12:20 PM
Advertisement

fatmanjim Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

My favorite excuse is....
Well we lost b/c they bugged the locker room and rigged the tables and chairs in the coaches box to taunt us during the game.
Granted this was originally a non-BCS excuse, but it may work well for the BCS conference teams as well.
:D
09-23-2003 12:22 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Funny that there have been no "miracles" this year...
09-23-2003 12:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The year ain't over yet. :rolleyes:
09-23-2003 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Marshall over #6 Kansas State:

"We prepared for your starting QB, your second-stringer took us by surprise".

"We're so tired of Nebraska dashing our national title hopes, thanks Marshall". 04-rock
09-23-2003 12:51 PM
BSUALUM96 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

My Favorite,

We were forced to play this team because our AD would not buy the contract out.
We scheduled this team when they sucked, but now that they are good, We should not have to play them.
09-23-2003 12:53 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

BSUALUM96 Wrote:My Favorite,

We were forced to play this team because our AD would not buy the contract out.
We scheduled this team when they sucked, but now that they are good, We should not have to play them.
Actually, that was pretty much the excuse that I was preparing for this Saturday's game at home against Maryland. Dammit...they sucked when we scheduled this 2 and 1 series!! :D
09-23-2003 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Maryland fans are still using the "if we played you today we'd kill you". At least Bama fans can say "you guys were the better team and kicked our butts".

Another Maryland post today - "Maryland didn't try to buy their way out of DeKalb because they were scared of the Huskies, they were trying to get a home game". OK, whatever. Maybe they should have been scared! 04-rock
09-23-2003 01:45 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

You shoudn't expect any better from Maryland fans, because you're never going to get it.

One of my favorite excuses is "They didn't beat us. We beat ourselves." A recent Carolina hoopster was fond of that one in post-game interviews, and he was thusly serenaded at Cameron.

(To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It")
ADEMOLA OKALAJA BEATS HIMSELF! [clap-clap]
ADEMOLA OKALAJA, OH, ADEMOLA OKALAJA

I believe there may have been some hand gestures involved as well. One of my all-time favorite Cameron moments. 03-wink
09-23-2003 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

HuskieDan Wrote:Maryland fans are still using the "if we played you today we'd kill you". At least Bama fans can say "you guys were the better team and kicked our butts".

Another Maryland post today - "Maryland didn't try to buy their way out of DeKalb because they were scared of the Huskies, they were trying to get a home game". OK, whatever. Maybe they should have been scared! 04-rock
03-confused

Now see, I thought Maryland was looking past us, toward their a$$ beating at Florida St. the next week.
09-23-2003 02:02 PM
Advertisement

Queen Amidala Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

-->"OUR ENTIRE TEAM HAD MONO, THE QB JUST FOUND OUT HIS GIRLFRIEND WAS PREGNANT, our key receivers were diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and We Just didn't want it as much as they did, because the game doesn't mean much to us"

btw, how do we buy out all the rest of our MAC games? :eek:
09-23-2003 05:14 PM
tomv1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

DevilGrad Wrote:You shoudn't expect any better from Maryland fans, because you're never going to get it.

One of my favorite excuses is "They didn't beat us. We beat ourselves." A recent Carolina hoopster was fond of that one in post-game interviews, and he was thusly serenaded at Cameron.

(To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It")
ADEMOLA OKALAJA, OH, ADEMOLA OKALAJA

I believe there may have been some hand gestures involved as well. One of my all-time favorite Cameron moments. 03-wink
Gotta love those Cameron Crazies. That is pretty damn funny :rofl:
09-23-2003 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.