23. IOWA 4-1
24. FLORIDA 3-2
25. MICHIGAN ST 4-1

MAC TEAMS

28. BGSU
34. TOLEDO
35. MIAMI

Others Receiving Votes:
LOUISVILLE 89, NO CAROLINA ST 82, BOWLING GREEN 47, WISCONSIN 46, AIR FORCE 29, VIRGINIA 25, OKLAHOMA ST 24, KANSAS 15, TOLEDO 10, MIAMI OHIO 9, SOUTH CAROLINA 9, MARYLAND 8, OREGON ST 5, UNLV 5, SYRACUSE 3, CALIFORNIA 3, BOISE ST 1, TEXAS TECH 1
09-28-2003 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

ranked ahead of Iowa...that adds another to my list of friends that I need to give a hard time about having teams NIU is ranked higher than.

We may be #17 overall, but we're the #1 Huskies in the country by this poll.

What a great group of teams to see NIU ranked with.

I just want the dogs to have some company in the top 25.
09-28-2003 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I bet SU is happy to see Toledo got more votes than them.
09-28-2003 05:18 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

I believe you're going to see SU move up steadily throughout the season. Toledo didn't show up yesterday, but that's a good football team...far better than any of us thought before the game.
09-28-2003 05:47 PM
Advertisement

Rocky Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Gee, it seems it was only a few years ago some were calling for NIU to be kicked out of the MAC. Maybe we better get rid of Kent before they rise up and kick the chit out of someone over in the East Division. :D
09-28-2003 06:19 PM
bobcatgrad Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: OHIO & MACtion

Rocky Wrote:Gee, it seems it was only a few years ago some were calling for NIU to be kicked out of the MAC. Maybe we better get rid of Kent before they rise up and kick the chit out of someone over in the East Division. :D
Face it, the MAC is a great conference. 04-rock

And I have to echo the congrats on the #17 spot for NIU. Simply awesome. 04-cheers

We'll do our best to give you a game on Saturday! Can't wait to see how we measure up against you guys. Looking forward to it!

GO 'CATS!!!
09-28-2003 07:19 PM
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Congrats NIU!

And congrats Marshall, we are now completely off the freakin' Top 25 radar! :mad:
09-28-2003 08:23 PM
Advertisement

N2 HERD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall

Great Job NI!!! Keep up the good work and inch on up the polls farther next week!!

04-rock
09-28-2003 08:29 PM
knight_01 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Karl Wrote:I believe you're going to see SU move up steadily throughout the season. Toledo didn't show up yesterday, but that's a good football team...far better than any of us thought before the game.
Well that's good to hear. If UCF is a barometer then Kent is going to be really good also.
09-28-2003 08:42 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

bobcatgrad Wrote:
Rocky Wrote:Gee, it seems it was only a few years ago some were calling for NIU to be kicked out of the MAC. Maybe we better get rid of Kent before they rise up and kick the chit out of someone over in the East Division. :D

And I have to echo the congrats on the #17 spot for NIU. Simply awesome. 04-cheers

We'll do our best to give you a game on Saturday! Can't wait to see how we measure up against you guys. Looking forward to it!

GO 'CATS!!!
Are you making your way out here for the game? I believe we are about 21.5 point favorites but that seems like it is too high considering we have yet to really blow anyone out(don't say TTU, because it was muxh closer than the score looked) and don't expect to this weekend(although, I am hoping that is the case, I can't take anymore of these close games).
09-28-2003 10:00 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

Boy...I gotta hand it to N. Illinois! Those guys play their butts off and play hard nosed smash mouth football. Congrats, N. Illinois! Keep it up!!

IMO...Miami should be ranked as well. Their first game vs. Iowa doesn't indicate how good these guys are.
09-28-2003 10:05 PM
bobcatgrad Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: OHIO & MACtion

RobertN Wrote:
bobcatgrad Wrote:

GO 'CATS!!!
Are you making your way out here for the game? I believe we are about 21.5 point favorites but that seems like it is too high considering we have yet to really blow anyone out(don't say TTU, because it was muxh closer than the score looked) and don't expect to this weekend(although, I am hoping that is the case, I can't take anymore of these close games).
Trust me, if I could I would but I am otherwise out of the country at the moment. I will be listening to the game over the internet broadcast as long as I can survive my birthday hangover the next day. 04-drinky

Yeah, seeing as how you guys beat Iowa State who beat us pretty easily and you are playing at home, that 21.5 points sounds about right actually. Needless to say, if we can play you guys close, I will be very pleased. Because as far as I am concerned, NIU is the team strongest team in the MAC this year.

Now, if we could somehow figure out a way to beat you... 04-drinky
09-29-2003 08:46 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

I'm particularly impressed with the overall AP voting in that NIU jumped ahead of both Washington and Texas Christian, despite those teams also winning last week.
09-29-2003 09:05 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I agree Okie. Both the coaches and the media believe that NIU beating ISU by 8 is better than TCU having to go to overtime against the horrendous Arizona Wildcats.
09-30-2003 11:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.