Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gameday this Saturday
Bookmark and Share
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Huron Dave and EMU fans,

I will be bringing the whole family up to the game. We should arrive around 5pm. Where is the best place to park for the visiting team? I've never been to Rynearson Stadium but am looking forward to the trip. Who is the stadium named for? When was it built? I've heard it's a great stadium. What is the weather forecast looking like? I know it's only Monday and things can change but the boys will be with us so we want to be prepared.

Just wanted to say hey...After EMU played Maryland tough for awhile and all the upsets that have happened around college football, I take NO game for granted. I know the Falcons will be focused.

Good luck, Hurons...I mean Eagles. You'll always be the Hurons to me. Thanks in advance...

GO FALCONS!!! GROUND EMU!!!
10-13-2003 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Hey Falcon Freak -

Sorry not to reply sooner. Usually it's pretty dead over here so I don't check this board that often.

Great to hear you are bringing the family. You will have plenty of space to stretch out and relax...trust me!

Anyway, parking is a breeze. The Stadium is on Hewitt St. and there is free parking directly across the street and in the adjacent parking lot at the Convocation Center. Weather is looking okay...high around 57 but with a 6pm kickoff it will be in the 40s probably.

I saw BG play WMU last week. If not for some bad miscues by BG (i.e. penalties, missed kicks and interceptions) that game would not have been close at all.

Thanks for the kind words regarding our team, but truth is, we are bad and only getting worse. Look for a lot of BG scoring. It looks like we will be using freshman QB Ken Bohnet this game a lot. Our starter was hurt in the opening game and his backup has not done much. Most fans at this point are hopping mad and want a coaching change. Our best players are our punter, Rysko, and place kicker Wellock. Also, keep an eye on LB David Lusky. Other than that, forget it.

Oh, the Stadium was refurbished around 1974 and it's seating increased to accomodate the Detroit Wheels of the old WFL who played there for one season. It's a decent place to watch a game but when the weather turns and EMU is losing it can appear to be a pretty cold, empty concrete place. If you can, check out the Convocation Center next door. It has the EMU Hall of Fame and is top-notch.

If you get the urge, stop by and say hello. We sit in Section 105, Row NN (way near the top by the press box), seats 19 and 20.

Enjoy the game.

Dave
10-16-2003 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Thanks Dave! I will definitely try to see the Convo Center (we'll see how the boys are acting) and will try and meet you at your seats for a couple minutes.

I didn't know our star LB, Mitch Hewitt, had a street named after him! 03-wink

I know it hasn't been easy for ya but you are a TRUE FAN! And I respect that a whole lot.

I know that Lusky is the real deal...I remember hearing his name quite a few times last yr when EMU came to Perry Stadium.

Hang in there buddy...and thanks for the info. See you saturday.

GO BG!
10-16-2003 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.