Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

La Tech To Sun Belt ?
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Or better yet when is La Tech going to drop the WAC for the Sun Belt. Granted the WAC has 3 bowl games I have heard that the Sun Belt may land the Fort Worth Bowl. I think its time for them to enter into angreement with the Sun Belt and play more regional rivals. With ULM and ULL both lookin improved I think those games would sale plus give their fans better access to away games.
08-12-2005 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DC_Clone
Unregistered

MadEagle Wrote:Or better yet when is La Tech going to drop the WAC for the Sun Belt. Granted the WAC has 3 bowl games I have heard that the Sun Belt may land the Fort Worth Bowl. I think its time for them to enter into angreement with the Sun Belt and play more regional rivals. With ULM and ULL both lookin improved I think those games would sale plus give their fans better access to away games.
MadEagle? Please don't be a North Texas poster :bang:
08-12-2005 10:02 AM
Quote this message in a reply
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee

MadEagle Wrote:Or better yet when is La Tech going to drop the WAC for the Sun Belt. Granted the WAC has 3 bowl games I have heard that the Sun Belt may land the Fort Worth Bowl. I think its time for them to enter into angreement with the Sun Belt and play more regional rivals. With ULM and ULL both lookin improved I think those games would sale plus give their fans better access to away games.
. . . .

Do some research on LaTech's History with the Belt. Then get back to me with this.
08-12-2005 01:06 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

Mad Eagle is a Southern Miss poster...

...and La Tech is certainly out of place in the WAC. They tried REAL hard to be the 12th CUSA team (which eventually went to UTEP) and everything points to the WAC wanting us to take them on and leave UTEP to them. Geographically, that would have made more sense; but the teams in CUSA East simply didn't want La Tech...and if you believe the hype, Memphis was strongly behind keeping them out.

So, the real question is: how long can La Tech survive with all of their conference away games in another time zone. Their cars and buses will only get used to drive to an airport...a real expensive propsition. But La Tech doesn't want to be in the Sun Belt either...face it, perception-wise, the WAC is a step above the SBC. That really wasn't meant as a flame.

I feel that La Tech is going to try to hold out for a team or two to leave CUSA (Memphis, ECU are the top candidates) and get in then. We'll see if they can hold out for that long, or if they end up looking at the Sun Belt...because being the far outpost in the WAC won't be good for their program.
08-12-2005 01:28 PM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

Mentioning Louisiana Tech & the Sun Belt is equivalent to[Image: th_deadhorse.gif]
08-12-2005 02:49 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

MeanGreen61 Wrote:Mentioning Louisiana Tech & the Sun Belt is equivalent to[Image: th_deadhorse.gif]
Please...tell us how you really feel! :laugh:
08-12-2005 03:04 PM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

I'd rather see Tech suffer in the WAC than have a chance to prosper in the Sun Belt. To hell with our "brothers" up north. If you ask a lot of people in Louisiana, Ruston, Shreveport, Monroe aren't even a part of Louisiana. They are more southern Arkansas than Louisiana.
08-12-2005 03:55 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

99Tiger Wrote:Mad Eagle is a Southern Miss poster...

...and La Tech is certainly out of place in the WAC. They tried REAL hard to be the 12th CUSA team (which eventually went to UTEP) and everything points to the WAC wanting us to take them on and leave UTEP to them. Geographically, that would have made more sense; but the teams in CUSA East simply didn't want La Tech...and if you believe the hype, Memphis was strongly behind keeping them out.

So, the real question is: how long can La Tech survive with all of their conference away games in another time zone. Their cars and buses will only get used to drive to an airport...a real expensive propsition. But La Tech doesn't want to be in the Sun Belt either...face it, perception-wise, the WAC is a step above the SBC. That really wasn't meant as a flame.

I feel that La Tech is going to try to hold out for a team or two to leave CUSA (Memphis, ECU are the top candidates) and get in then. We'll see if they can hold out for that long, or if they end up looking at the Sun Belt...because being the far outpost in the WAC won't be good for their program.
Please tell me exactly what CUSA would want with a school:

1)in the middle of nowhere without an airport

2)a 15-21 record the past 3 years

3)no facilities

4)last NCAA tourney appearance was 1991

5)no top 20 programs to speak of other than a dying women's basketball program

6)no fanbase

???????????????

If all CUSA loses is UTEP to the MWC, I think CUSA will split, not add another school nobody in CUSA East wants.

Finances will frive this decision. When the Eastern block realizes the money situation would be better with 8 or 9 teams, they will want out.
08-12-2005 05:44 PM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

99Tiger Wrote:
MeanGreen61 Wrote:Mentioning Louisiana Tech & the Sun Belt is equivalent to[Image: th_deadhorse.gif]
Please...tell us how you really feel! :laugh:
Actually it's more how THEY feel. Mention the Sun Belt & they break out the heavy artillery & claim that they'd drink the cool-aide before returning.
08-12-2005 06:24 PM
Unixmaster
Unregistered

Cajunman02 Wrote:I'd rather see Tech suffer in the WAC than have a chance to prosper in the Sun Belt. To hell with our "brothers" up north. If you ask a lot of people in Louisiana, Ruston, Shreveport, Monroe aren't even a part of Louisiana. They are more southern Arkansas than Louisiana.
I think latech will be hard-pressed to maintain their programs even at the mediocre level they're at now. It won't hurt my feelings a bit if they stay in the WAC and bleed themselves white with travel costs - which seem to be rapidly increasing. Now they have trips Logan, Utah; Las Cruces, NM; and Moscow, Idaho to replace the much closer destinations the WAC lost to C-USA.

It couldn't happen to a more-deserving collection of arrogant ***-****s.
08-12-2005 07:40 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

I was mildly suprised that CUSA added UTEP after hearing the details of the pitch the AD at Memphis made in favor of staying at 11.

Even with the extra revenue from a title game splitting the pot 11 ways meant more money per team than splitting it 12 and he gave them great information on the potential damage to CUSA's bowl ties because of the track record of teams losing a league title game in buying bowl tickets (and some evidence of damage to sales for the winner though not as conclusive) along with the concern from the regional bowl partners of adding another out-of-region team.
08-13-2005 12:05 AM
Advertisement

Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy

As much as it pains me to say it, I believe that the Sun Belt would take La Tech if they wanted in simply because of the ease of scheduling in football with a ninth team. But if they wanted in it couldn't be that 'football only' crapola, it would be all sports or nothing.

I said 'if they wanted in.' Right now La Tech is bent on the idea that they are better than the Sun Belt (man, I want to see NT prove 'em wrong this year) and there is no way they would even consider it. I don't think any fans in the Sun Belt want 'em back. Troy just joined the conference and I don't want La Tech in, not with the attitude they have.

So let them hemorrhage cash while they think they're better than us. If they come crawling back I would turn them down flat and leave them in the purgatory of independent sports.

Thanks for letting me rant. :)

GO TROJANS!
GO SUN BELT!
08-13-2005 12:08 AM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

As far as our 9th team. I see WKU as the next one. They're already participating in all the other sports. They just need to make the football jump.
08-13-2005 12:52 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Didn't WKU join the MAC for like 2007?
08-13-2005 01:00 PM
Unixmaster
Unregistered

Jugnaut Wrote:Didn't WKU join the MAC for like 2007?
Not enough votes among the MAC presidents to invite them, apparently.
08-13-2005 05:01 PM
ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Hell no,I do not want them in our conference.

Hopefully once Memphis/ECU are gone,UNT will get into C-USA(which won't ever happen)

Their posters are so angry at their own school/adminstration and how crappy their situation is,that anytime North Texas or sun belt is mentioned in a thread,they go on a rant.

I pity them. :laugh:
08-13-2005 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

SpaceRaider Wrote:
Jugnaut Wrote:Didn't WKU join the MAC for like 2007?
Not enough votes among the MAC presidents to invite them, apparently.
Really? I thought the deal was that temple and WKU we're supposed to join together. Is temple going to the MAC?
08-13-2005 06:33 PM
Unixmaster
Unregistered

Temple in for football that's all.

WKU left at the altar. :crying:

:laugh:
08-13-2005 07:27 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I would like to see these 8 teams as the core of the future conference. All of us stick together and make the Belt better than the rest. The odds, slim. But it would be a great history to have.
08-14-2005 01:50 AM
shortbob Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

:snore: IMO as a CUSA fan UNT will become the next member IF someone defects. Should CUSA improve it's overall conference rating equal to or past the BE I do not see anyone leaving. The new CUSA seems to fans excited and our momentum is starting to roll.
Our biggest setback in the non-bcs leagues will be the loss of the Liberty Bowl. CUSA will have to adjust somehow and the answer should not be the Houston Bowl. CUSA champ vs Big 12 %7. wow!
08-18-2005 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.