Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gasoline prices
Bookmark and Share
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

In my neck of the woods we are up to $2.69 a gallon. I'm thinking about learning how to use our public transportation system. I'm curious what gas prices are where you live (I'm in Indianapolis).
08-16-2005 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

2.49 in Franklin, KY the last time I filled up.
08-16-2005 01:15 AM
ALLIESPAPPY Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

$2.38 in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I have an hour commute and it is killing me.
08-16-2005 08:21 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Around $2.60 per gallon in the Albuquerque Metro Area.
08-16-2005 08:34 AM
Advertisement

Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm not sure what they are here in Memphis. I don't have to drive anywhere. I haven't put gas in my car for almost a month now. The last time I filled up it was $2.15. I think I saw a sign over the weekend that said $2.45 though.
08-16-2005 10:15 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Big Squirrel Wrote:I'm not sure what they are here in Memphis. I don't have to drive anywhere. I haven't put gas in my car for almost a month now. The last time I filled up it was $2.15. I think I saw a sign over the weekend that said $2.45 though.
The fact that you fill up that rarely makes me want to 03-puke How do you get that lucky?
08-16-2005 11:38 AM
DUFUS Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It's around $2.69 in greater Cincinnati. In this morning's Cinti Enquirer there was a photo of a San Francisco station where it was going for $3.15 - for regular.
08-16-2005 02:02 PM
Advertisement

Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Tru, I live downtown, within a block of where I work. My car sits in a parking garage and collects dust. The sad thing is that I actually thought about buying a new car when I moved down here a year ago. I axed the idea when I realized exactly how much I drive. I have just about everything I need within a very short walk. Well, except groceries. There are a couple of crappy corner grocery stores, but they're kind of in the ghetto, so I steer clear of them. In a pinch, Walgreens, next door, has bread and milk. I go grocery shopping (Sam's Club) about once a month. However, I eat out entirely too much, so it offsets the savings of not buying a ton of groceries and driving.
08-16-2005 02:52 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Their is a pretty cool site, <a href='http://www.kentuckygasprices.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.kentuckygasprices.com/</a> that you can look up the best gas price in your area. I think their are links to other websites for different states. 2.45 - 2.59 in BG, quite a big difference.
08-16-2005 07:48 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

We just jumped from $2.59 to $3.19 overnight. :-( I was hoping it would hit $2.99 and that's it. I bet Indy gets to $3.50 or something like that soon.
08-31-2005 10:58 AM
Advertisement

badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

badgerwolf Wrote:Around $2.60 per gallon in the Albuquerque Metro Area.
As of 8-30-05 the price is now up to $2.80 per gallon and climbing in the ABQ metro area. On the MAC board they are reporting $2.99 ($3.00) per gallon in Toledo.
08-31-2005 01:48 PM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

When I drove back from the IUPUI campus this evening gas went up to $3.29/gallon. Our gas prices change several times a week, so I'm assuming it will just go higher and higher as everything plays out.

If you're traveling this weekend, and going through Indy, buy your gas before or after you hit our metro area. :D
09-01-2005 12:57 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I paid $2.69 in Jackson, TN yesterday. I went to the only station that wasn't $2.99. I don't remember seeing what the prices were at the gas stations along I-40 to Memphis were. At my rate of speed, they were just a blur.

How many on here own one of those huge SUV's? If so, I'm sorry! Back when I bought my Honda Civic (in 1997) I wasn't really thinking about gas prices being so high, but I knew I'd be travelling a lot. Now, that decision almost makes me smile, because I'm getting off lucky compared to some. When I pulled into the pump yesterday I had nearly a half a tank, and it took $15 to top me off (I have an 11.1 gallon tank!!). However, whoever was there before wasn't so lucky. They put in nearly 30 gallons and the total was almost $80. Personally, I could handle that. I'm just afraid of the day when it'll cost me $50 to fill up my little car. Oh, and I guess my fiance can put the kabosh on getting an Escalade!
09-01-2005 09:50 AM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Funny you mention that Racer.. I had plans to go to Indianapolis this weekend to visit family but I think I am going to cancel.

I had an SUV, but traded it in a while back for sedan, I'm SO glad I did.
09-01-2005 11:51 AM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Came to campus this am - several gas stations at $3.49/gallon now. I have a Blazer - bought it when I moved to Minnesota - figured I needed 4WD up there - which I did. Now I'm crying b/c the thing gets crappy gas mileage. I have been driving the speed limit in town lately which has really helped out a lot. Still, 16 miles to the gallon sucks.
09-01-2005 12:46 PM
topperjac Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I just paid over $69 to fill up my van. Someone hand me a loaded pistol...
09-02-2005 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.