Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football season Wrap-up
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

What are everyone's thoughts about this season and the prospects for next season?

1 - Cribbs is just a warrior! He played Saturday with the flu and a sprained ankle and still dominated UB. What would he do to them if he was healthy?

2 - I don't like excuses, but I read a note that said 5 of the teams that the Flashes lost to were ranked in the top 30 at the time of the loss. Not too bad all things considered.

I want a consistent winner at KSU. Pees has advanced the program from the depths or despair. Is he the guy to take it to the next level of competing for the MAC East? He will have next year with Cribbs as a senior to prove it. Anything less than a winning record and a serious run at the MAC East title and he should go.

That said , without seeing the schedule, next year looks promising. The D needs improvement,as does the passing game.

GO FLASHES! Heal up and work hard for 2004. See you at Dix on 8/26! BEAT THE ZIPS!
11-24-2003 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I hope that Pees can really make the move with the program. I do not want the team to rise and stay at better then average like Akron has. There is no reason that we should not compete for a MAC title in the next couple of years. If we don't, then we need to bring in somebody taht can get us there
11-24-2003 03:44 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

This is going to sound different, coming from me, but I'm looking forward to Flashes football next year. Here are my reasons:

1. The 15K rule is not lost on the administration. As much as I think the correct strategy is to fix the quality before advertising a product, KSU is against the wall and they know it. So, we may actually see some marketing to pull people to games. For Flash fans who have been pulling for a campaign, there are discussions about how to make it happen (even a "committee" appointed ...we are a University, for God's sake :)). The bottom line is that there will be an effort to get fans to games, which should make them more fun for all of us.

2. Josh Cribbs.

3. Can the defense get worse?

4. Your assessment on Pees is correct. After some thought, he's built the team he has; it's all his. Next is the last year to put up or move on. Given the turmoil at Akron, I'd hate to be sweating a new coach and wondering about Cribbs spirits, or worse, bolting. Given that it's the last year of his contract, Dean must know he has to win with this team. A new coach would not feel that pressure.

See you all at the Zips game...Thursday before Labor Day. What a weekend for a road trip!
11-24-2003 08:29 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Part of the marketing should focus on the incredible Cribbs. He really is worth the price of admission alone. He's hands down the most exciting player in the MAC and one of 2-3 the most exciting in the country.
And he's a winner. He just can't do it alone, though he certainly tries. We have to plug the 'if's' and this will be the best Kent team in many, many years.
11-25-2003 06:22 AM
Advertisement

MAC tOAMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeast Ohio

The Flash Wrote:That said , without seeing the schedule, next year looks promising. 
FYI, next year's OOC looks like this..........

9-4 @ Iowa
9-11 Liberty
9-18 @ Rutgers

Actually, 2 out of 3 are definitely win-able, but Liberty scares me!

03-razz
11-25-2003 08:16 AM
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

If they have any brains they start a Cribbs for Heisman campaign even if only for the publicity.
11-25-2003 12:38 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Kent fans,

I thought the Flashes played pretty decent ball this yr. I respectfully disagree that Cribbs is the most exciting player in the MAC cuz I'm very biased for Josh Harris. But Cribbs will be the most exciting next yr! I was very impressed with him a couple weeks ago.

Watch Kent for 2004...could be something big.
11-25-2003 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.