Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reggie back??
Bookmark and Share
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Has Reggie saved his job by the team's performance this season, particularly lately?
It looked to me a couple of weeks ago that things were starting to unravel but a couple of very nice wins recently--particularly yesterday in Muncie--have the Bulls back on track.
I thought he might be in trouble if this season were another disaster, which would be a shame because I think he has done all he can with what he's had.
Now you guys are a force--TB is one of the very best guards in the MAC, and I don't think people know exactly how powerful an inside game the Bulls have.
And we still have both our games left! Looking forward to the matchups. You know we are the one team that never takes you guys lightly!
02-02-2004 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo

Yep, he is saved. After all the "on the job training" to become a D1-A coach, it would be a shame to cut him loose the moment he starts turning things around. His one strong point has been his ability to recruit and it looks like he's finally delivered the goods. Also, with injuries and academic suspensions UB is down to an 8-man team and that seems to be working wonders for them. The chemistry is working and the team believes it can win in the MAC. I'm really looking forward to those two games with the Flashes. Kent just fields a tough team seemingly every year.
02-02-2004 03:31 PM
Advertisement

klingon288 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Buffalo
Crappies

I don't know if Reggie is definately "safe", but he has the team playing extremely well at the moment. If the team finishes close to .500 and makes it to Cleveland, he'll definately be around, but UB is still without an athletic director (the current one still has "interim" in front of his title), so who knows?

If would be a shame if he were fired before the present junior class graduates. They were his first class recruited when he had the "interim" removed from his title. They were recruited in the midst of the NCAA sanctions brought on by the previous coach. They are true student-athletes- they had a cummulative GPA of something like 3.4 when they were freshmen and it is still over 3.0 as a group. A friend of mine raves about Reggie's basketball camp and said that Battle and Bortz were great with his kid. The guys are going up into the stands to exchange high-5's with the crowds after home wins- seems corny, but after the 5 win season last year, they seem to really appreciate the fans who continue to show up.

I think the junior class is a special group. They are everything you can ask for in representing the school and I've really enjoyed watching them play over the last 3 years, even with the struggles for wins.

As for the remainder of the season, it will be interesting. UB still has Akron and Miami on the road and has the home and away with Kent. UB is only dressing 8 players. An injury to any of them could be disasterous.

There are no seniors on this UB team. With the nucleus of players returning, I'm already looking forward to next year. I think Reggie deserves the chance to coach them.
02-04-2004 12:35 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Oh, what a difference a month makes!
Coach of the Year! (I'd bet the ranch on it.)
04-bow
03-08-2004 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.