Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not looking too promising...
Bookmark and Share
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/Bowling_Green.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/Bow...wling_Green.htm</a>

it's a hit and run...
03-01-2004 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Rockets7 Wrote:<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/Bowling_Green.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/Bow...wling_Green.htm</a>

it's a hit and run...
A hit and run to the MAC title in '04! Yep, we'll be celebrating our 11th MAC title in December.

04-rock

BTW, that piece wasn't written by a certain individual who follows UT was it? 03-wink
03-02-2004 08:40 AM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Rockets7, has coach Doughnut collected enough Michigan pop bottles to pay for that indoor facility yet? It's a damn shame that a fine coach and strict disciplinarian like the 'Stutz can't count on his University president to support him in the same manner that he bails out his drunken criminal players.

How do the Rockettes plan to get their attendance back in gear? It's gone down substantailly every year since 2000. Did you forget how to paper the crowds? :rofl:
03-03-2004 07:41 AM
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Flipper, I would like to take this time to say that I would be much happier to see a doughnut coach a football team than a box of rocks. I heard coach Brandon giving an on-field interview after one of BG's wins (maybe Northern Illinois?) and I could have swore that I was listening to John Madden talk. Does anyone know if this guy made it past 8th grade?

As far as indoor facilities go, I don't know, I haven't been in on that. I would hope that it will be in the near future, but I can't respond to that.

As far as the disciplinarian comment goes, I would have to say that you should stop reading the Blade. I had no idea what everyone was talking about when they were complaining about the article, so I looked it up online and found the article, so I know exactly where you got your information. You have to understand that the Blade has an agenda. I refuse to read the Blade or watch any local news stations because I understand that it is not news reporting, it is simply biased opinion offering. I rely on the real news from USA Today and Fox News / ESPN, etc. I have found that the local news benefits only those in rural farm communities (Wood County, etc.) because they are the only people foolish enough to believe it.

As far as attendance goes, I do agree. The attendance at the Eastern and Central Michigan games pissed me off. However, Toledo does not play in a high school stadium so it is more difficult to pack their stands ALL of the time.
03-03-2004 12:34 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Rockets7 Wrote:As far as attendance goes, I do agree. The attendance at the Eastern and Central Michigan games pissed me off. However, Toledo does not play in a high school stadium so it is more difficult to pack their stands ALL of the time.
What the heck is that supposed to mean? If you are comparing the Toilet Bowl to the Doyt, they virtually seat the same number of people. :withstupid:
03-03-2004 04:23 PM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Coach Brandon was smart enough to outcoach Numnutz and his drinkin' buddies.

UT is broke. There's no money for any upgrades to your facilities, there's no capital improvements in the pipeline. We have an indoor facility and are going to constructing a football building in the very near future. Our President and AD are working together to make certain that BG is at the forefront of MAC football. Can the same be said for UT? Based on the posts on your Rockette fan board, it doesn't seem like it.

RE The Blade, don't blame them for printing the facts. The perception is in place that coach Doughnut looks a the depth chart before deciding how he disciplines that latest football player to run amuck. Combine the Dodrill and Hefflin incidnts with the disgraceful display against Boston College and you have a very disturbing picture.
03-03-2004 04:46 PM
Advertisement

TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

Flipper Wrote:We have an indoor facility and are going to constructing a football building in the very near future. Our President and AD are working together to make certain that BG is at the forefront of MAC football. Can the same be said for UT? Based on the posts on your Rockette fan board, it doesn't seem like it.
Where is your indoor facility? If BG has all this cash flying around, how come they don't stop by Home Depot and pick up some orange paint and cover up those girlish pink railings that run through out the Dolt? If you are going to be constructing a football building in the near future :rolleyes: , will the color scheme match that of the pink railings inside the Dolt? 03-lol
03-03-2004 05:04 PM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm assuming your ignorance is a result of your UT education and not inbreeding (after all, you aren't Herdler) but the Perry Field House has been a fixture on the BG campus since the mid 90's. It features an indoor football field.

If you want to pick nits about stadiums, I'd love to discuss the double wide trailer on top of your grandstand and the high school quality aluminum bleachers on the vistor's side. I understand coach Doughnut is banned from the top for fear he'll bring the whole thing crashing down.
03-03-2004 05:18 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

Crappies

Flipper Wrote:I'm assuming your ignorance is a result of your UT education and not inbreeding (after all, you aren't Herdler) but the Perry Field House has been a fixture on the BG campus since the mid 90's. It features an indoor football field.
Okay so what was Urban crying about? You remember him don't you? I believe he said "if we build a indoor practice facility try and take me away from this place!" "I love BG! I have unfinished business here"... One week later he was gone. 03-lol :rofl: He left that sh!thole in wood county for another "midmajor" How pathetic is that?!? 03-lol 03-lol
03-03-2004 05:25 PM
Class of 61 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

TJ,
Normally, I don't get into "exchanges" that can be construed as just plain argumentative...however, it's already been mentioned to you that the Perry fieldhouse has been here since the mid 90's. (Actually, I believe it's been around longer, but not positive.) FYI, it's nearly directly across from the ice arena.
As to Urban Meyer's leaving, I don't recall him saying anything about an indoor practice facility..but he DID want our overall facilities i.e. weight rooms/locker rooms/meeting rooms/coaches' offices etc. improved. The new SAC (Student Athlete Center), to be built just north of the stadium, will hopefully address those and other needs.

Finally, as to the "pink" (faded orange) railings etc., most of us on the AZZ board have complained about them and the lack of a "1st class" scoreboard for quite awhile, so your criticism here is accurate. Our understanding is that a new scoreboard will be installed and operational by the beginning of this coming season.

Your comments on the seating seem somewhat out of line in that both stadia hold nearly the same. In fact, the "Doyt" was actually bigger in seating capacity, till the south end zone seats were removed this past season, replaced with the Falcon Club Tent and the Book Store(Souvenir) Tent. :angel:
03-03-2004 06:13 PM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Well TJ, there you have it. We have the indoor facility, we're building the "football building" and installing a new scoreboard. We won the West, played on national TV 5 times, hosted Gameday, won the MCB and finished nationally ranked.

UT's football coach cracked open another crate of ho-ho's, went to court to scout next year's defense and watched the steady stream of players and coaches exit the program.

Yeah, you boys are in REAL good shape up the in the land of crack houses . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
03-03-2004 08:45 PM
Advertisement

TJRocket Offline
All American

Crappies

Class of 61 Wrote:Your comments on the seating seem somewhat out of line in that both stadia hold nearly the same. In fact, the "Doyt" was actually bigger in seating capacity, till the south end zone seats were removed this past season, replaced with the Falcon Club Tent and the Book Store(Souvenir) Tent. :angel:
I guess Shadenfraude is the only BG fan with reading comprehension skills :rolleyes: If you read the thread a lil more carefully you would have noticed that someone else had made the remark about the seating capacity. 03-lol

The falcon club tent? Isn't that the same tent with the TVs that all the BG "fans" watch the Ohio state buckeyes on???? :rofl:
03-03-2004 10:46 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

Crappies

Flipper Wrote:Well TJ, there you have it. We have the indoor facility, we're building the "football building" and installing a new scoreboard.
When BG puts in the new scoreboard, what are they gonna do with that chalkboard in the endzone they use to keep score on now? Do you think that athletic dept will sell it to me???? :D
03-03-2004 10:50 PM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The old scoreboard looked great this fall when it read 31-23.....

Take a nice loooong look at the Gas Bowl and Savage hall. You folks are going to be stuck in them as is (assuming you get $$ for upkeep) for a loooong time. :wave:
03-04-2004 01:03 AM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

TJRocket Wrote:
Class of 61 Wrote:Your comments on the seating seem somewhat out of line in that both stadia hold nearly the same. In fact, the "Doyt" was actually bigger in seating capacity, till the south end zone seats were removed this past season, replaced with the Falcon Club Tent and the Book Store(Souvenir) Tent. :angel:
I guess Shadenfraude is the only BG fan with reading comprehension skills :rolleyes: If you read the thread a lil more carefully you would have noticed that someone else had made the remark about the seating capacity. 03-lol

The falcon club tent? Isn't that the same tent with the TVs that all the BG "fans" watch the Ohio state buckeyes on???? :rofl:
TJ? Are there any folks walking around the Smelly @ss Bowl wearing Michigan and OSU gear during games? I think so!

Your jealousy is showing! I know it must be hard for you to see BGSU back on top and knowing we will be for years....you can always come over from the dark side! 03-razz

GO FALCONS!!!!!

2004 MAC Champions
03-05-2004 12:07 PM
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I have been known to wear Ohio State hats at some UT games, but true fans don't watch other games during the UT game.

Putting my bias aside, I would guess that those really weren't true BG fans. They were probably drawn to the game because College Gameday was there, not for either NIU or BG.

I would classify the real BG fans as the ones that consistently attend BG games even during the poor to mediocre seasons of the past ten years (with the exception of this last year).
03-05-2004 12:27 PM
Advertisement

Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

That being said, I would guess that there have to be only about 1000 or 2000 true BG fans though.
03-05-2004 12:51 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

Crappies

I was gonna say 2000 - 3000, but your numbers seem to be a little more realistic Rockets7. :D
03-05-2004 01:29 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Rockets7 Wrote:I have been known to wear Ohio State hats at some UT games, but true fans don't watch other games during the UT game.

Putting my bias aside, I would guess that those really weren't true BG fans. They were probably drawn to the game because College Gameday was there, not for either NIU or BG.

I would classify the real BG fans as the ones that consistently attend BG games even during the poor to mediocre seasons of the past ten years (with the exception of this last year).
Rockets7,
I certainly qualify as a TRUE BG fan. I started buying BG season tix in 1996 when the NFL said the Browns could move to Baltimore. No NFL since for me. I was there for down years and the 8k "crowds". I started going to BG football games when my older sister enrolled in 1983...my parents are both 1964 grads of BGSU. Yes, my blood is orange and brown and always will be.

I NEVER wear any other school except BG....NEVER! That is my alma mater and the only school I support.

I won't venture into the Falcon Club pavilion because of the TV incident last yr with the OSU game. That made all of us on AZZ.com sick to our stomachs!!! 03-puke :mad:

All of us in the MAC have the Big 10 being rammed down our throats all the time...I'm sick of it. In fact, I have developed a hatred for anything associated with that conf.
03-05-2004 02:02 PM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That makes us brothers, Falconfreak. Those morons can't even count.
03-05-2004 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.