Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring game...
Bookmark and Share
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

RB's looked AWESOME....Pope, Stover and Macon were busting it up and Lane didn't even play. I've never seen such RB depth at BG! Omar and the qb's looked ok, need work but the potential is unlimited for Omar. At 6'4", 225, he is faster than Josh Harris and has one hell of an arm. Van Johnson and Nick Thurman looked decent but raw.

The OL was missing 3 starters due to injury but the five Frosh, "5 blocks of Granite", looked very good. Our line will be one of the best for years to come and seeing all these young guys getting reps only means more quality depth...and the starters better not get lax or they'll lose their job!
That 2003 recruiting class is looking awesome.

The defense was great....guys flying all over the place and getting to the ball. Some missed tackles and coverages but overall I expect our defense to return to the #1 slot in the MAC. Ryan Newble is looking to win a starting spot. He will if he plays like he did Saturday. The DB's were better than I expected. LB is thin...no doubt. After the starters Piepkow, Sayles and Burkes, we need some guys to step up to become legit backups. That could be an area of concern.

Suisham hit all 3 FG's he attempted and Fry's punting was satisfactory.

Had a great time at the game and it was very cool to see so many folks there. This team has the potential to be better than the '03 team....IF Omar can get in a groove and we get the LB situation shored up, NOBODY will beat this team (at least in the MAC).

Step one to the MAC Title '04 is complete...up next is summer drills. Can't wait for the season to start...only 146 days to go.

BTW, on AZZ.com, someone mentioned the fact the Oklahoma game may be moved to Sunday, Sept 6th for TV!! Can you dig it???? Now if this is true, the only other game I need on the tube is Temple on 10/2. I'll be at every other game except NIU, which is already on ESPN.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!! 2004 MAC CHAMPS!!!!!!!! 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
04-12-2004 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampFox Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Excellent report, thanks.

I'm expecting big things from Pope, I thought he looked great last year as a youngster. How will not having Harris affect their season?
04-16-2004 11:47 PM
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

SwampFox Wrote:Excellent report, thanks.

I'm expecting big things from Pope, I thought he looked great last year as a youngster. How will not having Harris affect their season?
Swamp,

Obviously it will take some time for Omar to get in a groove. J5 was such a huge part of the offense the last 2+ seasons and his leadership will be greatly missed. But with virtually everyone else back, it sure will make things on Omar easier than not. Omar has great size (6'4", 225) and is faster than Josh. And Jacobs has a cannon for an arm. He's been in the program now for 2 years and as a RS Soph, has a very bright future.
Pope is All MAC for a reason...he rocks!!

Season opener at Oklahoma only 4+ months away!
04-18-2004 08:33 PM
SwampFox Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Didn't realize you opened at Oklahoma! Wow.

Faster than Harris? That's pretty impressive - is he as athletic though?

Also, Pope could be getting a lot more carries - He's a workhorse.
04-23-2004 05:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.