Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How bout dem Pistons?
Bookmark and Share
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

:D

I want to get to the Finals and play in the Lakers in the worst way...

[Image: rw_140_040526.jpg]
05-26-2004 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I swore off basketball a long time ago, but this team is starting to remind me why I used to watch. I may get hooked again.
05-27-2004 05:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Go Pistons! Game 4 is huge. If they win that game it will be very difficult, nearly impossible, for the Pacers to come back in the series.
05-27-2004 07:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

The Pacers are showing that they are still too young and mentally fragile to compete for the title. They're not far off, and many of their players are signed long term, so the future is bright.

If Reggie just slams the damn ball, we might be looking at a much different dynamic right now. 03-banghead
05-27-2004 08:42 AM
Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I cant say that have watched much of the playoffs at all. Even with the Pistons playing I am still more of a college fan than pro. If they do make the Finals I will jump on the bandwagon though. :D I did want to mention that I did see the highlight of Princes block of Reggie Miller. Had to say that Reggie might be too old to be able to slam the ball and that is why he went for the layup. 03-lol
05-27-2004 09:05 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Bronco stampede Wrote:I did want to mention that I did see the highlight of Princes block of Reggie Miller. Had to say that Reggie might be too old to be able to slam the ball and that is why he went for the layup. 03-lol
My 15 year old cat can still jump onto our bed.....6-7 Reggie Miller can still dunk the ball. Throw it home, big lil' man!
05-27-2004 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

If Miller wasn't already enormously wealthy, I'd have been inclined to believe something fishy was going on. It's unbelievable that a veteran like Miller could make such a boneheaded mistake.

This Pistons teams is a real throwback! I always hated those Pistons teams of the 80's and 90's, just because they stood in the way of the Bulls, but I always secretly admired their rough and tumble, aggressive, physical style of play. This current team is reminiscent of those "bad boy" teams.

Unfortunately, David Stern's hard-on for the Lakers is pretty evident in the Western finals. The " breathe on Shaq too hard and it's a foul" officiating policy went into effect in game three, so it's difficult to imagine any of the other teams prevailing.

IMO, the Pacers/Pistons series is the de facto championship.
05-27-2004 09:29 AM
Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

This is something I would pay to see, Huskie Dans cat vs Reggie Miller in a dunking contest. And I would take the cat, cuz I bet the cat still has great hops.
05-27-2004 10:11 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I really don't care much for NBA basketball, however this has been a great series to watch. :)
05-27-2004 11:05 AM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

This Detroit team may be a better defensive team than the championship squads. If only the offense was as good as those teams, then they could put games away when leadiing by double figures.

I'd say there's a less sinister reason that Reggie didnn't dunk it: he didn't think Tayshaun had a snowball's chance in hell of getting there and then getting all ball. 03-nutkick

As for last night, Great Game part III. 04-rock All you had to see was this stat to know who won: Ben Wallace 17 points! :eek:
05-27-2004 11:22 AM
mxman870 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I really don`t care who wins as long as its not the Lakers :mad:
This is a good series though. 04-rock
05-27-2004 11:54 AM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Bronco stampede Wrote:This is something I would pay to see, Huskie Dans cat vs Reggie Miller in a dunking contest. And I would take the cat, cuz I bet the cat still has great hops.
Not my 15-year old cat - he's a major old cat and has to rev himself up to jump anywhere.

Now, the 2 year old cat we have - he has mad hops. He also sees and hears ghosts, but that's a different story. He could probably beat Uncle Reggie, though. 03-nutkick
05-27-2004 12:00 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

CMichFan Wrote:I'd say there's a less sinister reason that Reggie didnn't dunk it: he didn't think Tayshaun had a snowball's chance in hell of getting there and then getting all ball. 03-nutkick
I agree, but Reggie is this team's vet - he's the one that should no better than to take it easy at that stage and dunk the ******ing ball! 03-banghead

Still a hell of a play from Prince.
05-27-2004 12:01 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

HuskieDan Wrote:Now, the 2 year old cat we have - he has mad hops. He also sees and hears ghosts, but that's a different story.
:eek: Nice to see I'm not the only one with a cat who can see ghosts :eek:
05-27-2004 12:50 PM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

herdya Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:Now, the 2 year old cat we have - he has mad hops.  He also sees and hears ghosts, but that's a different story.
:eek: Nice to see I'm not the only one with a cat who can see ghosts :eek:
All cats have the ability to see the ghosts, some are just better at ignoring them.

My inbred, six-toed Tortie was born without that internal ignore button and spends hours chasing them all about the house, much to the costernation of my two Shepards.
05-27-2004 01:05 PM
Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Dont know if I would do a ppv for the two year old cat to have a dunking contest with Reggie. That would be too easy for the two year old to win. But I have an idea, how about getting FCs shepherds and have them chase the fifteen year old cat before dunking. That might work. Gotta make it even somehow, the older cat and Reggie gotta be close to the same human age in years.
05-27-2004 04:10 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Bring on the Lakers

[Image: g_prince_ft.jpg]

GO PISTONS
06-01-2004 11:07 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Will you be changing your name to "Frotown Bronco" in their honor? :D

[Image: BenWallace2.jpg]
06-02-2004 04:39 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Oddball Wrote:Will you be changing your name to "Frotown Bronco" in their honor? :D
04-bow
06-02-2004 05:57 AM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I'd love to see the Pistons win this one, but I don't see it happening.

Amazing the ESPN broadcasters actually caught a ref on tape in game 6 of the west finals asking the scorekeeper how many fouls Shaq had.

It basically confirms what all NBA fans have known for a decade: the league basically dictates the outcome of these games through their officials.

That being the case, figure the Lakers in 6, regardless of how well the Pistons play.
06-02-2004 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.