5.BSU - 23,718
6.BGSU - 23,088
7.WMU - 21,643
8.MUr - 18,022
9.EMU - 17,750
10.OU - 17,527
11.KSU - 17,459
12.AKR - 17,263

<a href='http://home.cfl.rr.com/essency/ucfsport/attendance.html' target='_blank'>Essency's MAC Attendance </a>
09-12-2004 12:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Comments:

UCF-I thought the showing was a bit light considering O'Leary and WVU who always travels good.

BGSU-Nice crowd. A big step up from what the early game usually draws for them.

Kent-17,459 is a great start. With Akron, Marshall, and Ohio comming in they have a good shot at a 15,000 average.

Buffalo-Record crowd for the Bulls....enough said.
09-12-2004 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Kit-Cat Wrote:Comments:

UCF-I thought the showing was a bit light considering O'Leary and WVU who always travels good.

BGSU-Nice crowd. A big step up from what the early game usually draws for them.

Kent-17,459 is a great start. With Akron, Marshall, and Ohio comming in they have a good shot at a 15,000 average.

Buffalo-Record crowd for the Bulls....enough said.
32,000 was light.....but I honestly think these damn hurricanes had something to do with it. Then again, I could just be making exuses.

I will say that it was a LOUD and engergized 32,000. UCF just needs to win some big ball games, we'll pack that place close to 35K every game.
09-12-2004 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

32200 for ucf was real good considering.. central fla has been beat up pretty bad by the huricanes.. I was planning to go... but spent the day picking up.. fence down... limbs every where.. shingles missing.. and had no power for 6 days. alot of people me included have missed 3 to 6 days work.. in my case between the 2 storms.. I m out about 2 thou in income... and had repairs to make.. and had to pay for 4 days of unplanned vacation.. my daughter in o town.. has lost 5 days pay... and between the 2 storms was without power for 12 days..
09-12-2004 02:20 PM
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers

And another storm looming out there .....good luck
09-12-2004 02:30 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Congrats to Buffalo. Good to see you had a nice turn out for the Syracuse game.
09-12-2004 02:47 PM
Advertisement

paladin1aa Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio teams

Anyone have pictures of the game day stadiums ?? I think you may need some evidence to back up some of the claims of attendance.

:D :D :D
09-12-2004 06:39 PM
bigjdotcom01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls

[Image: score.jpg]

A view of the scoreboard after UB took a 10-3 lead in the second quarter. As you can see, the endzone bleachers were full.

[Image: full.jpg]

A Full House!

[Image: victor.jpg]

Victor gives the thumbs up late in the game!

[Image: ubstad.jpg]

This last shot is courtesy of ubfan.com
09-12-2004 06:55 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I must say we had a great crowd for the opener. I was hoping for at least 20k but based on my experiences, wouldn't have been surprised with 15k. And this was for a 1-AA team!

We're feeling pretty good in FalconLand tonight! 04-rock
09-12-2004 10:48 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

KSU had a ton of students in attendance. They moved them to the new stands on the East Side between the 20s and they FILLED IT along with the band! 04-rock

Kudos to our students for showing up and the Coaching staff for reaching out to them and accomodating them by moving the bench to allow them to have great seats! 04-bow
09-13-2004 07:09 AM
bigjdotcom01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls

UB used up it's entire alloment of 7500 student tickets for the SU game. It certainly was nice to see a full stadium even if the result wasn't what we were hoping for.
09-13-2004 07:35 AM
Advertisement

ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

And for those of you that haven't been " up Buffalo-way", the Bulls have a really nice stadium.......only drawback is that they have a track so the stands are somewhat removed from the field. As you can see from the pics, they have a small, upper deck with some glassed in boxes..........very nice!

Overall, the attendance is off to a very good start, (kudos to NIU and Buffalo for early sellouts!), but based on the poor play of many a MAC squad you still have to be concerned about that November attendance when teams are out of contention and it gets cold.
09-13-2004 07:46 AM
zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo

The Upper Deck at UB Stadium is on both sides. It does give the stadium a more of a big-time look than some of the glorified high school stadiums we see scattered around the country. The end zone bleachers suck because of the track. You won't see those filled again unless Syracuse or some other big name teams comes to town again. The overall game atmosphere was great.....too bad the UB special teams gave up 17 points or this game might have been the "turn the corner" game.
09-13-2004 10:47 AM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

zrb: I used to go to Buffalo routinely on business trips in the mid 90's (before all the expansions took place), but even the original 15K seat stadium was impressive with the small upper decks. I walked up to the top one day I was in town, and the stadium had the feel of a much larger stadium...........I can only imagine how much better it is now!
09-13-2004 10:54 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

zrb2 Wrote:The Upper Deck at UB Stadium is on both sides. It does give the stadium a more of a big-time look than some of the glorified high school stadiums we see scattered around the country. The end zone bleachers suck because of the track. You won't see those filled again unless Syracuse or some other big name teams comes to town again. The overall game atmosphere was great.....too bad the UB special teams gave up 17 points or this game might have been the "turn the corner" game.
I think UB stadium is downright UGLY.

-The track keeps the fans too far from the action

-Big Endzone sections are highly unessesary for any program averaging less than 40,000

-The upper decks are PUNY and look POINTLESS. If your going to go to the expense of building an upper deck, just build a big one on one side of the stadium.

Bottom Line: Its no wonder why UB doesn't draw better at home.
09-13-2004 11:09 AM
Essency Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

Kit-Cat Wrote:UCF-I thought the showing was a bit light considering O'Leary and WVU who always travels good.
I'd have to agree with the other Knight fans. A lot of folks were either picking up from the last two hurricanes, or preparing for the third. I have lots of family that lost their homes, including my folks, who usually drive up for the game. 32k? You won't hear any complaints from me. :(
09-13-2004 11:17 AM
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

ex Cincy Kid Wrote:And for those of you that haven't been " up Buffalo-way", the Bulls have a really nice stadium.......only drawback is that they have a track so the stands are somewhat removed from the field. As you can see from the pics, they have a small, upper deck with some glassed in boxes..........very nice!

Overall, the attendance is off to a very good start, (kudos to NIU and Buffalo for early sellouts!), but based on the poor play of many a MAC squad you still have to be concerned about that November attendance when teams are out of contention and it gets cold.
eck,

I was at that stadium in Buffalo in 2000....and had to live thru the Bulls ending an 18 game losing streak by beating BG, 20-17. BG was a 21 pt fave....pretty much the last call for Gary Blackney.
It was the worst day of my BG fan life and that isn't to rip on the Bulls. They wanted the game more and showed tremendous heart coming from behind.

BUT, that stadium was very nice! I was impressed. I was told the end zone bleachers were built for the World University Games one year. They were waaaaaaaaaay back there.
09-13-2004 11:26 AM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

KC, you don't seem to realize that the track was built for Buffalo hosting a major international track event (was it the Commonwealth Games??) before joining the MAC. ........so, the track is a 'given". The original stadium (although too far from the playing field due to the track) was very nice with its upper decks, and I'm guessing that when they had to go to 30K for DIA, economically or structurally it wasn't viable to add another deck to the two existing sides, and if you extended the upper deck back it would've been even further from the field, (and probably pretty expensive).

So, I would agree with you completely that putting lotsa stands in the endzone is far from preferred, I wouldn't be too critical until you heard the reasons why they did it that way. (one thing I like about Miami's stadium renovations are that we are reducign endzone seating in half in favor of putting more seats on the away side). And, despite the endzone seating, don't see how you can call the stadium ugly.......have you ever been there? It's really very nice.
09-13-2004 11:27 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

ex Cincy Kid Wrote:KC, you don't seem to realize that the track was built for Buffalo hosting a major international track event (was it the Commonwealth Games??) before joining the MAC. ........so, the track is a 'given". The original stadium (although too far from the playing field due to the track) was very nice with its upper decks, and I'm guessing that when they had to go to 30K for DIA, economically or structurally it wasn't viable to add another deck to the two existing sides, and if you extended the upper deck back it would've been even further from the field, (and probably pretty expensive).

So, I would agree with you completely that putting lotsa stands in the endzone is far from preferred, I wouldn't be too critical until you heard the reasons why they did it that way. (one thing I like about Miami's stadium renovations are that we are reducign endzone seating in half in favor of putting more seats on the away side). And, despite the endzone seating, don't see how you can call the stadium ugly.......have you ever been there? It's really very nice.
You have some good points about the endzone seats at UB. The PUNY decks were a complete miscue on the orginal design.

It doesn't really matter why the stadium looks UGLY at UB, it just does and there is probably nothing the school can do about it at this point.
09-13-2004 01:25 PM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

Not to belabor things, but although the upper decks are kind of small, it's still pretty neat in person, especially when you compare to to other MAC stadiums that have no upper decks at all.

Hopefully some of our Buffalo fans here can comment as to why they put all the extra seats in the endzone, as I was just speculating. I know from the comments we've received on Hawktalk from one of the architects who's company has the contract to renovate Yager, that's there "more than meets the eye" on what is or isn't feasible structurally.

P.S. KC, you may be interested to hear that the architect's plans for Yager include an upper deck plan if ever needed to get the stadium to 46K..........that would only be if we moved conferences someday and bigger crowds were thereby anticipated.
09-13-2004 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.