Flashes 03-nutkick Zips

Zuck the Fips!!!!!!!! Go Flashes!!!!!
09-18-2004 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zipsrifle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Talk about moving on! Was the Rutgers game even over and you were looking for us? You sure you want some of this? I'm really smarting from last year and have revenge on my mind. Should be a good game. I sure hope you don't think we're another Liberty. I know, we aren't exactly setting the turf on fire but I think we're going to be pretty evenly matched.
09-18-2004 10:00 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Akron is truly a horrible team. The Zips will be battling Buffalo for worst on the ESPN list this week.

Losing to them would be so humiliating...but I doubt that will happen.

P.S. Yes, Zippy...I want as much of your defense (?) as we can get
09-19-2004 10:32 AM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

Prediction: Cribbs and Frye do battle again, but the improved Kent ST. secondary picks Frye 3 times one for a TD, and the Zips unimproved D cant stop Cribbs on the ground,
KSU wins 42-28. 04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky
09-19-2004 11:36 AM
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

Flashes in a rout, 56-21.
09-19-2004 04:03 PM
His Dudeness Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

After last year the Akron week has become my favorite week of the year!

I hope that we can put a big one together and blow the Zippers out of the water! It would nice to have a big Thursday night crowd and a big Thursday night blowout. That way the Kent State students can have a reason to celebrate as they head downtown on Thursday night (you can bring your green hat) while the SCCC students head to wherever it is that they head on a Thursday night in Zipper-land!

GO FLASHES!!! 04-rock
09-19-2004 06:27 PM
Advertisement

Zipsrifle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Boy, I remember a similar discussion last season prior to the Wagon Wheel game, but it was the Zips predicting a blow out. Yea, now that I think of it, you guys are going to blow us away. I mean Liberty should be in C-USA and Rutgers will probably win the Big East this season right? And this thing isn't really a rivalry anymore is it? You guys are well above us and you've just dominated the Zips over the past 10...I mean 5.....uh,...well you won last year. 03-wink

I'm not going to predict a Zips blow out and yea, we've sucked big time so far. In fact, if we play the way we have the past 3 games, we're screwed. But you guys haven't been knocking off anyone worth mentioning either.

I see the teams as pretty evenly matched. Our D has got to find something this week to contain Cribbs 'cause if we don't, we're screwed. Outside of last week, Frye has been his usual self since our receivers are much better than expected. We've got a suprising new JUCO transfer Back that is pretty slippery and has nailed down the starting position over someone we were screaming for last year to get more playing time. So though we are not as offensively talented as we were last season, we aren't as bad as we thought.

Unfortunatlely our Achilles heel is again our Defense and our porous O-Line. The O-Line just out and out should not have been on the same field with UVA or PSU. They couldn't open up holes for the backs or protect Frye. And the D, well, same old story there, can't stop the run. Hopefully we can figure out how to stop Cribbs, I know, many have tried and few have succeeded. But outside of him, the numbers say you don't have much of a rushing attack. This will be a good test for our DB's too. PSU and UVA just ran over us and we managed against the MTSU receivers. Dowery could have another banner night if our DB's aren't ready for him.

Sounds like both teams are struggling right now with turnovers and stupid penalties. It may come down to the winner is the team that wins this battle. Looking forward to the game and my first trip to Dix. After last season I think this rivalry is heating up, at least for Akron. Like I say with all rivalries, it dones't matter if one team is #1 and the other is #100, you throw everything out the window for these games!

So, to sum it up, we're stinkin pretty bad this year but I don't think we'll roll over for you guys. I hope we return the favor from last season. 03-wink
09-19-2004 08:29 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

I agree they are bad, but we can beat ourselves in this game. We need to come out fired up but not so fired up that we get stupid penalties. O line has to get better and receivers have to catch the ball!!!
I think our D is good enough to keep us in the game and even score some points, there is no reason why our offense shouldnt put up big numbers against their D.
Go Flashes Beat the zits! 04-rock 04-drinky 04-rock 04-drinky 04-rock 04-drinky
P.S. cant wait for for bball, is that wrong?
09-19-2004 08:45 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

Penn State 48-10 LOSS (Frye plays almost the whole game and the TD was on PSUs 4th string)
Middle Tenn St 31-24 LOSS
Virginia 51-0 LOSS

0-3 record and outscored 131-34

While I won't predict it will be a blowout, Kent should win this one. Akron is terrible and without Frye this one is a blowout. interesting to see how he steps up in this one, his NFL stock has been taking a hit. I'm guessing Cribbs outplays him and Kent beats them 42-21.
09-19-2004 10:51 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I'd agree the Flashes have not beaten anyone of note. However, our losses have not been that bad, either.

Despite the 50 something to 0 predictions of a loss to Iowa, we hung around until the fourth quarter. Our back up QB passed for over a 100 yards...has some tough drops,inlcuding two TD's. It was the game I knew the D was better than expected...given the Hawkeyes has great field position almost every possession. Last year, it would have been 50-0, but when the D got four sacks and some stops against Iowa, I knew it was a new year. Zips fans who think I've been hanging with Josh should look up the post game comments from Hawkeye fans who were there and agree with this assessment on earlier threads.

The special teams and penalities lost the Rutgers game for us. Their coach said after the game Criibbs was the best QB they'd play all year, and that includes the ones from J.D.'s old school. Yeah, we lost last week, but we came from behind on the raod and almost delivered another miracle. There is disappointment but not shame in our play last week.

I am not worried about this team getting fired up for Akron...maybe too fired up...but that will only last a quarter. Hope the weather's nice...expect a great KSU student crowd.

I won't predict a rout, either, but a neutral fan would want the Flashes in this one. Frye is a good QB. I actually feel sorry for him, he got screwed with the coaching change last year. Sure feel alot better about facing him with this secondary. Our defense is not as good as Marshall's, but could hang with Miami's in the East. They should be able to handle the Zips. I also think J.C. has tired of reading all this Heisman stuff and will be ready.

Go Flashes. Best way to feel better is a win Thursday!
09-20-2004 05:12 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Polish Hammer , why do you say "without Frye", it's a blowout.
I hope he's not hurt.

BTW, I completely agree, without Frye it is a blow out.
09-20-2004 05:17 AM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

I meant that if they didn't have him it would be a blowout, obviously they do have him.
09-20-2004 06:48 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

Throw out the records. This game will be tight. This game is Akron's season right now. 0-3 and they have looked bad. If they want to make anything of this season, they need a win here and will be prepared. Plus, they are out for blood from blowing it last year.

FWIW, the crowd may reach 20K, but will not be anywhere near the crowd at Akron last year due to the Zips record. If the Flashes were sitting at 2-1 and Akron at 1-3 with a competitive game against the other two, I would say a sellout, but not now. Hope I am wrong, but let's hope for 20K.

Go Flashes! Beat the Zips!
09-20-2004 06:51 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Looks like great weather for Kent on Thursday night. That will help.
09-20-2004 09:19 AM
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I think we can get in about 20K for this game, a thursday night game will bring in the students from both schools like hot-cakes.

Zippies will test the Flashes but we should prevail; Charlie just dosn't have the supporting cast he has had in the last two seasons
to run amok, and Kent's D is much improved over last years.

Cribbs over Frye 04-rock
09-20-2004 07:18 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

For pre game near the fieldhouse, Kent State is going to have a DJ that folks much younger than I enjoy, a competition between the student groups, food for students and a second chance at the tuition raffle. All this on a good weather Thursday night should get us to at least 20K. Remember, we had 17K for Liberty with almost no Liberty travelers.
09-20-2004 09:28 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

Wow, where are all this Zippies hiding this week? Here Zippy Zippy Zippy... :chair:
09-21-2004 11:14 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:Wow, where are all this Zippies hiding this week? Here Zippy Zippy Zippy...

Would you talk smack if you had that team?

Besides, in the highly unlikely event that they beat us, the Zippies will come out from hiding. Trust me.
09-21-2004 12:46 PM
zipakron Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Let me point out that Rutgers lost to New Hampshire 24-35, and Iowa lost to Arizona St. 7-44. That makes those flash losses look a bit worse.
09-21-2004 01:33 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

zipakron Wrote:Let me point out that Rutgers lost to New Hampshire 24-35, and Iowa lost to Arizona St. 7-44. That makes those flash losses look a bit worse.
Worse than 51-0 to a mediocre ACC team - Virgina and 48-10 to a mediocre Big11 team - Penn State. At least Rutgers is BCS and has played D-1A football for more than 5 years - MTSU has not. Don't think so. Nice try. See you Thurs. :wave:
09-21-2004 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.