Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Early weather forecast
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

My job as a meteorologist allows me to look far in the future for upcoming Huskie games :) Unfortunately this is a bad forecast:

Kicokff conditions: Partly cloudy, temp near 40 dropping into lower 30s by end of the game. Luckily winds look like they will be light, generally below 10 mph.

I think we can tough that out!
11-02-2004 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I would think that NIU fans would want it to be cold and rainy because that will favor a running team and hurt the timing routes of a passing team like Toledo.
11-02-2004 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

rocketfootball Wrote:I would think that NIU fans would want it to be cold and rainy because that will favor a running team and hurt the timing routes of a passing team like Toledo.
That didnt seem to slow you guys down last year! Part of what makes NIU so effective is their balance, so I would prefer conditions where Haldi could go down field.

Do you know what Trinity's status is??
11-02-2004 10:44 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:I would think that NIU fans would want it to be cold and rainy because that will favor a running team and hurt the timing routes of a passing team like Toledo.
That didnt seem to slow you guys down last year! Part of what makes NIU so effective is their balance, so I would prefer conditions where Haldi could go down field.

Do you know what Trinity's status is??
We were at home last year though. We usually don't have trouble in wet conditions at home, but do on the road.

Trinity is still a very big question mark for tonight's game. My gut is that he won't play tonight. Hopefully he will be ready for the NIU game, but it is too early to say at this point.

Scooter McDougle will be playing tonight for us though. He played very little against CMU last week because of battling the flu. Not having both him and Dawson really hurt us in the red zone against the Chumps....I mean Chips. :D
11-02-2004 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Thanks for the update, I'm sure Dawson will be ready to go for the NIU game.

I'm glad this will be Gradkowski's first time playing in Huskie stadium, that should help a little bit.
11-02-2004 11:13 AM
Advertisement

dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

cold temps a -okay.

any significant wind and/or precip not good for walk up attendance/home fleld advantage.
11-02-2004 11:26 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

dawgs gone wild Wrote:cold temps a -okay.

any significant wind and/or precip not good for walk up attendance/home fleld advantage.
Okay, Cybes, come clean. Aside from those neck-to-foot cardinal red long johns, what's your secret for keeping warm on a cold November night? 03-confused
11-02-2004 11:29 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

dawgs gone wild Wrote:cold temps a -okay.

Wind and precip look ok, none of those expected, just some cold temps.
11-02-2004 11:35 AM
Red Black Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Huskies!

Layers, baby! Twelve years in MN taught me to dress warm with the layered look. Long undies and turtlenecks, too. Don't forget the Tuck Foledo shirts!
11-02-2004 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:My job as a meteorologist allows me to look far in the future for upcoming Huskie games :) Unfortunately this is a bad forecast:

Kicokff conditions: Partly cloudy, temp near 40 dropping into lower 30s by end of the game. Luckily winds look like they will be light, generally below 10 mph.

I think we can tough that out!
Perfect midwestern football weather!!!!

I can't decide which pair of shorts to wear... 03-wink
11-02-2004 11:58 AM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I think there is a general misconception that NIU is only a running team. And we'd love for the Rockets to stack 8 or 9 in the box against us.

Stat of the week. Through last weekend, NIU is the only D1A team in the country with over 2,000 yards both passing and rushing.
11-02-2004 12:05 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Field Turf Wrote:
I think there is a general misconception that NIU is only a running team. And we'd love for the Rockets to stack 8 or 9 in the box against us.

Stat of the week. Through last weekend, NIU is the only D1A team in the country with over 2,000 yards both passing and rushing.
I know you guys can throw the ball, but your running game is better than Toledo's and I am sure you would much rather match our running games against each other than get into a passing attack high scoring affair.

I mean, 280 yards rushing last week and 193 yards per game in his last 6 games is reason enough to wish for a running style of game and not a passing attack.
11-02-2004 12:28 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way

It doesn't matter. Everything has fallen into place this year and we're going to win. It's our year.
11-02-2004 12:32 PM
Advertisement

niu79 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

According to Weather Channel 10 day forecast, high temp on 11/9 expected to be 41 degrees, with an overnight low of 21. No precipitation in the forecast, winds from NNW at 12 mph. Weather should not be a factor in the game. Hopefully, it isn't too cold for our fans.
11-02-2004 12:54 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way

The latest weather update.... Still cold 40/20s, but sunny! :rolleyes:
11-03-2004 09:07 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The sun will shine at a nite game - ? - well perhaps if we win.

It will be a message from the football gods.
11-04-2004 12:08 PM
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

As long as there's no rain...we'll be fine!
11-04-2004 12:37 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

NIURedBlack Wrote:As long as there's no rain...we'll be fine!
That's what we keep saying. Funny how both teams think the other will be tougher to beat in the rain.
11-04-2004 01:13 PM
HuskieSH Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Accuweather update as of 11/4....Looking better!!! except for the rain late. Hopefully it's real late.

Tuesday 11/9
Hourly Weather
Mostly sunny
High 57° F

Tuesday Night 11/9
Hourly Weather
Chance of a little rain late
Low 34° F
11-04-2004 02:06 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
NIURedBlack Wrote:As long as there's no rain...we'll be fine!
That's what we keep saying. Funny how both teams think the other will be tougher to beat in the rain.
We'll beat you either way, but we don't want the fans to stay home on a rainy night. 03-wink
11-04-2004 07:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.