Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The new CUSA Lite
Bookmark and Share
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

The past week or so has been tough on those football teams who will be in next year's CUSA.

Louisville (to the Big East) won at Memphis.
South Florida (to the Big East) won at now unranked UAB.
Akron beat Marshall (to CUSA).
Ohio won at #1 Bottom Ten Central Florida (to CUSA).
Cincinnati (to the Big East) won at soon-to-be unranked Southern Miss.

Ouch!!

Good thing UTEP (to CUSA) didn't play this week. Who would have thought they may be the best thing going!
11-07-2004 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Okie Chippewa Wrote:The past week or so has been tough on those football teams who will be in next year's CUSA.

Louisville (to the Big East) won at Memphis.
South Florida (to the Big East) won at now unranked UAB.
Akron beat Marshall (to CUSA).
Ohio won at #1 Bottom Ten Central Florida (to CUSA).
Cincinnati (to the Big East) won at soon-to-be unranked Southern Miss.

Ouch!!

Good thing UTEP (to CUSA) didn't play this week. Who would have thought they may be the best thing going!
But UTEP did drop from the AP top 25 despite not playing. 03-lol
11-07-2004 04:35 PM
houstonhuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

i bet you will find that UTEP is 23rd....the espn posted list does not lost a 23rd and that would make sence....otherwise they lost all of their votes....doenst make any sence
11-07-2004 05:54 PM
seeya Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

And that proves what,

Get the chip off your shoulder or get some therapy for that aflication. 04-drinky
11-07-2004 06:05 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

and when all is said and done... next year the new CUSA will still have more bowl games then the MAC.... and will still make much more TV $$$$$$ than the mac. and very quickly will be more respected and recognized nationwide than the mac... 03-nutkick
11-08-2004 09:13 AM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

In most respects (more bowls, more $$03-wink you're quite correct, goodknight......just be sure when your coach announces your future domination of that conference (plus attendance records, etc.) to get the conference name correct. :D Seriously, though, we can take shots at our respective conferences, but C-USA is a much better fit for the Knights, so it's a logical move for you guys.
11-08-2004 09:25 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Southern Miss was just ranked and UTEP is now ranked.

How many MAC teams are ranked?
11-08-2004 09:41 AM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

One (NIU) and one on deck (BG at #26). UCF is ranked in another poll as as you know. :D (sorry, since you brought up polls, I couldn't resist). 03-wink
11-08-2004 09:53 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

ex Cincy Kid Wrote:One (NIU) and one on deck (BG at #26). UCF is ranked in another poll as as you know. :D (sorry, since you brought up polls, I couldn't resist). 03-wink
And neither of us have that great win to hang our hats on. That my friends is respect - ranked despite no awe-inspiring win.

Southern Miss won in Lincoln, but that couldn't keep them ranked when they got spanked by Cincinnati.
11-08-2004 12:16 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

houstonhuskie Wrote:i bet you will find that UTEP is 23rd....the espn posted list does not lost a 23rd and that would make sence....otherwise they lost all of their votes....doenst make any sence
UTEP being ranked at all doesn't make sense.
11-08-2004 12:22 PM
WazzuHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

UTEP is ranked for three reasons.

The win at Fresno impressed people a few weeks ago. If you go into the valley and win against Fresno, people notice.

The media like feel good stories about crappy teams that turn around and become winning teams.

The drunk Mike Price brought UTEP immediate credit. If another coach was there who was not "famous" I doubt they would be ranked. With Price there, people were paying attention to UTEP immedialty.

Should they be ranked? No.

Is it a good story. Yes.

Really, how can it not be? UTEP has a winning season, with the same players they had the year before. It's amazing. Armageddon is on its way.
11-08-2004 12:28 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

WazzuHuskie Wrote:UTEP is ranked for three reasons.

The win at Fresno impressed people a few weeks ago. If you go into the valley and win against Fresno, people notice.

The media like feel good stories about crappy teams that turn around and become winning teams.

The drunk Mike Price brought UTEP immediate credit. If another coach was there who was not "famous" I doubt they would be ranked. With Price there, people were paying attention to UTEP immedialty.

Should they be ranked? No.

Is it a good story. Yes.

Really, how can it not be? UTEP has a winning season, with the same players they had the year before. It's amazing. Armageddon is on its way.
How exactly can you say UTEP shouldn't be ranked but say YOU should?

What win does NIU have that is more impressive than the Fresno win? Don't forget that UTEP went to the wire with Boise State also, a team that seems to be considerably better than any Bowling Green or Toledo this year.
11-08-2004 05:36 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

The funniest thing about this thread is that it originated from a Chip fan. 3 big wins on the whole year. I guess it makes it easier for you to point fingers at others so they'll forget that your team is truly pitiful. Classic. :wave:
11-08-2004 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

We really shouldn't be bashing C-USA all the time as they are another non-BCS conference.....my only real "beef" with them is the fact that they voted against the MAC on the attendance legislation. If anything, the conferences should look for ways to cooperate in the future, especially on scheduling.

P.S. Make no mistake about it, I'm happy to take on woofing C-USA fans when they diss the MAC, but overall there is a bigger enemy, namely the BCS and their willing, (albeit weak) ally, the NCAA.
11-08-2004 06:00 PM
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

goodknightfl Wrote:and when all is said and done... next year the new CUSA will still have more bowl games then the MAC....
CUSA might have more bowl games than the MAC but the Knights will still have to win before they can go to one. :)
11-08-2004 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

The Knight Time Wrote:What win does NIU have that is more impressive than the Fresno win? Don't forget that UTEP went to the wire with Boise State also, a team that seems to be considerably better than any Bowling Green or Toledo this year.
I would think a win over #26 BGSU is better than a win over Fresno. Boise might be better than BGSU but the difference is NIU beat BGSU while UTEP "went to the wire" with Boise.
11-08-2004 06:46 PM
Advertisement

WazzuHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:

The win at Fresno impressed people a few weeks ago.  If you go into the valley and win against Fresno, people notice.

The drunk Mike Price brought UTEP immediate credit.  If another coach was there who was not "famous" I doubt they would be ranked.  With Price there, people were paying attention to UTEP immedialty.

Should they be ranked?  No.

Is it a good story.  Yes. 

Really, how can it not be?  UTEP has a winning season, with the same players they had the year before.  It's amazing.  Armageddon is on its way.

What win does NIU have that is more impressive than the Fresno win? Don't forget that UTEP went to the wire with Boise State also, a team that seems to be considerably better than any Bowling Green or Toledo this year.
Hey KT, I never said that NIU shold be ranked, did I? And I'm not sure how I could be ranked (as you indicated) since I am not a football team.

NIU's win against BGSU was impressive. BGSU is a better team than Fresno State.

All I was doing was pointing out why I think that UTEP is ranked.

You need to chill the hell out.
11-08-2004 06:56 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

WazzuHuskie Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:

The win at Fresno impressed people a few weeks ago.  If you go into the valley and win against Fresno, people notice.

The drunk Mike Price brought UTEP immediate credit.  If another coach was there who was not "famous" I doubt they would be ranked.  With Price there, people were paying attention to UTEP immedialty.

Really, how can it not be?  UTEP has a winning season, with the same players they had the year before.  It's amazing.  Armageddon is on its way.

Hey KT, I never said that NIU shold be ranked, did I? And I'm not sure how I could be ranked (as you indicated) since I am not a football team.

You gave an ignorant and misguided opinion to why UTEP should NOT be ranked, including calling their coach a drunk. It's all in your post.

All I'm saying is worry about yourself before you worry about others. The same can be said to the Chip fan (3 wins) who started this post.
11-08-2004 08:17 PM
WazzuHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:
WazzuHuskie Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:

You gave an ignorant and misguided opinion to why UTEP should NOT be ranked, including calling their coach a drunk. It's all in your post.

All I'm saying is worry about yourself before you worry about others. The same can be said to the Chip fan (3 wins) who started this post.
Once again, what do I have to do with NIU football? Worry about myself? If you are implying I should worry about what the NIU football team does, why should I? It's a game.

I know for a fact that Mike Price is/was a drunk. I live where he lived for years and saw that with my own eyes. He also admitted to having a drinking problem. 04-drinky

I really do not think my post was ignorant, but I guess you do. Oh well. See if I care. You just seem like a bitter fan since the team you support is having such a down year. I will smile everytime the once mighty Golden Knights lose to UTEP whenever the two teams play in the future.
11-08-2004 08:23 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

WazzuHuskie Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:
WazzuHuskie Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:

Once again, what do I have to do with NIU football? Worry about myself? If you are implying I should worry about what the NIU football team does, why should I? It's a game.

I know for a fact that Mike Price is/was a drunk. I live where he lived for years and saw that with my own eyes. He also admitted to having a drinking problem. 04-drinky

I really do not think my post was ignorant, but I guess you do. Oh well. See if I care. You just seem like a bitter fan since the team you support is having such a down year. I will smile everytime the once mighty Golden Knights lose to UTEP whenever the two teams play in the future.
Wait, I get it now.....

You're upset that even UTEP had more resources in Price's FIRST year to work with than the mighty Washington State Cougars did!!!

Ok. I get it.
11-08-2004 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.