Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is with Hawaii?
Bookmark and Share
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

I haven't seen a game that Hawaii has played where there hasn't been a bunch of pushing and shoving or fighting. UAB, Northwestern, Michigan State, Houston Cincinnati. I have seen the two brawls within the last two years against Houston and Cincinnati. I remember on an ESPN broadcast this year their head coach says that the other teams pick the fights. :rolleyes:

<a href='http://www.enquirer.com/bearcats/2002/11/25/wwwucresponse.html' target='_blank'>Cincy Fight</a>

[Image: art5a.jpg]

[Image: art5b.jpg]
12-24-2004 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Too much sun and cocunut rum :D
12-24-2004 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EdM Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall

Tell me about it. I was thinking the same thing earlier. Seems like every time I see a Hawaii game, they're pushing and shoving or nearly fighting out there. (I remember some pushing and shoving in the Miami game a few years back, too, when I was listening to it) Sheesh. You'd think that in Hawaii, of all places, they'd be able to find enough places to relax so that they could de-stress and not be in such a fighting mood all the time...

EdM
12-24-2004 09:06 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

EdM Wrote:Tell me about it. I was thinking the same thing earlier. Seems like every time I see a Hawaii game, they're pushing and shoving or nearly fighting out there. (I remember some pushing and shoving in the Miami game a few years back, too, when I was listening to it) Sheesh. You'd think that in Hawaii, of all places, they'd be able to find enough places to relax so that they could de-stress and not be in such a fighting mood all the time...

EdM
Maybe they're not too self confident about their "rainbow" heritage 03-lol

They feel they have their heterosexuality to prove, and use fighting to do so.
12-24-2004 09:10 PM
saxgirl84 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:I remember on an ESPN broadcast this year their head coach says that the other teams pick the fights. :rolleyes:
It's probably true.. I mean come on, could you really line up across from someone who's team name is "the RAINBOW Warriors" and not try and rile them up? I know I wouldn't be able to keep from saying something about it if I were out there. Thats all part of the game, try and break your opponents concentration and try and draw the penalty.
12-25-2004 12:39 AM
Falcon Frenzy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

June Jones is a whimp that can't control his own team. He also needs someone to think for him and to hold his "dingy" when he needs to tinkle. Not to mention he is having a terrible time deciding whether to give Chang a plaque for most yards in a career in history or if he should give him one for the most interceptions in college history.
12-25-2004 09:35 PM
Advertisement

HeywoodJablome Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Falcon Frenzy Wrote:June Jones is a whimp that can't control his own team. He also needs someone to think for him and to hold his "dingy" when he needs to tinkle. Not to mention he is having a terrible time deciding whether to give Chang a plaque for most yards in a career in history or if he should give him one for the most interceptions in college history.
How much time have you spent in the bathroom with him?
12-26-2004 02:07 AM
Falcon Frenzy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

HeywoodJablome Wrote:
Falcon Frenzy Wrote:June Jones is a whimp that can't control his own team.&nbsp; He also needs someone to think for him and to hold his "dingy" when he needs to tinkle.&nbsp; Not to mention he is having a terrible time deciding whether to give Chang a plaque for most yards in a career in history or if he should give him one for the most interceptions in college history.
How much time have you spent in the bathroom with him?
:withstupid:
12-26-2004 02:39 AM
squ1re Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>quit your whining</span>
12-26-2004 03:11 AM
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets&# Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:quit your whining

The Hawaii team is pure trash, plain and simple.
12-26-2004 12:59 PM
squ1re Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

ya but they beat you see shhh
12-26-2004 02:52 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Just to show you how ridiculous this entire thing is, after Cincinnati got cheated out of a win up in Hawaii their team started a fight and the fans got rowdy and threw so much water at the Cincinnati bench that the liquid came up to the players and coaches ankles. So the Cincinnati administration asked the Hawaii administration to beef up security. Hawaii's mature response? No. The only reason Cincinnati is complaining about security is because they got beat. That came from their coach AND AD? What kind of bullcrap is that? And they seriously wonder why the Mountain West Conference wants NOTHING to do with their punk****** program? People are going to get hurt up there.
12-26-2004 02:57 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

squ1re Wrote:ya but they beat you see shhh
:withstupid: What are you talking about? Who do you think Hawaii played and beat? I don't see Toledo on the schedule. In fact I don't see any MAC or Ohio teams on your schedule. Are you referring to the bowl game? You do know that UAB is ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM right? Which of course is neither in Ohio or part of the MAC. Geez, get a clue will ya?

Oh, and if you are referring to Cincinnati, well they are pretty well despised here anyway. Almost as much as Hawaii is becoming despised. :chair:
12-26-2004 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lol Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

lol, I think Akron got what it deserved ZIP ... The executive director of the Hawaii Bowls said the same thing ... "I'm glad we did not get ZIP" :rofl:
There is no national interest in that team it would have been the death to the Hawaii Bowl. Why would anyone want to watch a team with ZIP, nada nothing... pretty boring .... The interesting thing about the Cincinnati game is that, Cincinnati got 4 personal fouls during the game, they injured the Hawaii QB by spearing him in the knees on a late hit. After the game, they started
spewing racial slurs to the Hawaii players and the people in the stands. They did not go directly to the locker room, they headed directly to the Hawaii players in the center of the field where the Hawaii players always meet at the end of the game for the playing of the schools almamater. If you look at who threw the first punch IT WAS THE Cincinnati players. Now lets see, didn't Cincinnati stomp on Louisville's logo before their game this year and got stomped on by Louisville during the game. This shows the kind of team Cincinnati is, they show no sportsmenship, respect and class. Now my last question for the delusional Cincinnati fans.... Why would Hawaii want to start a fight after they had just kicked some thug cincinnati butt? Yup, that really makes sense .... Starting a fight after winning a game..... lololololo :ownd:
12-26-2004 04:43 PM
1st String

I Root For:

Based on the Cincinnati games I have seen and the Hawaii games I have seen, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Cincinnati runs the cleaner program. Cincinnati and Louisville are rivals. Hawaii and Cincinnati are not. Hawaii and Michigan State are not rivals. Hawaii and Northwestern are not rivals. Hawaii and UAB are not rivals. For some reason, the Hawaii players were involved in either fights or pushing/shoving matches throughout the game. I am also going to go out on a limb and say that Hawaii (being the greatest common denominator) provokes this stuff. To say that the other teams bring it on just doesn't make sense statistically. They say that the person to throw the first shot doesn't usually get flagged, it's usually the guy in retaliation or the second shot.

Based on the games I have seen, your team is dirty. BTW, you may see Hawaii OOC home games in the future with more 1-AA teams because I think the word is getting around D1-A that Hawaii isn't a pleasant place to play.
12-26-2004 04:58 PM
HeywoodJablome Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Getting teams to Hawai'i is not a problem.

It's not Toledo.
12-26-2004 05:37 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I Root For:

HeywoodJablome Wrote:Getting teams to Hawai'i is not a problem.

It's not Toledo.
Either you are purposely missing the point, you are stupid, or you are too young to understand. Judging by your moniker, I would guess that you are too young to grasp what is being discussed. The reason that it is going to be difficult to schedule 1-A teams at home in the future has nothing to do with location. :withstupid:

But hey, thanks for missing the point.
12-26-2004 06:06 PM
HeywoodJablome Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

No, you are completely missing my point.

Teams are more than willing to come to Hawai'i and play, due to the competition and climate.

The non conference schedule includes USC, Wisconsin, Purdue and soon to add Florida in the next couple of seasons--doesn't sound like there is a problem in scheduling, huh?

If you mean second tier MAC schools won't go to Hawai'i, then, yeah, hopefully the better competition benefits Hawai'i in seasons to come.

I don't anticipate the mighty Toledo Rockets cluttering the Warrior schedule for awhile.
12-26-2004 06:50 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

HeywoodJablome Wrote:No, you are completely missing my point.

Teams are more than willing to come to Hawai'i and play, due to the competition and climate.

The non conference schedule includes USC, Wisconsin, Purdue and soon to add Florida in the next couple of seasons--doesn't sound like there is a problem in scheduling, huh?

If you mean second tier MAC schools won't go to Hawai'i, then, yeah, hopefully the better competition benefits Hawai'i in seasons to come.

I don't anticipate the mighty Toledo Rockets cluttering the Warrior schedule for awhile.
Schools go there for vacation, not competition :arse:
12-26-2004 06:58 PM
lol Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

lol, you are WRONG..... Hawaii is not my team and you know nothing about what occured. Does Hawaii have any problems with teams from the WAC? NO, the reason why... it is called respect and sportsmenship. Do you know what started the fight with Houston and Cincinnati ?
Why didn't the Cincinnati players go to their locker room after the game? ANSWER: They were looking for a fight,
Who is the team that had four personal fouls in the game? cincinnati!
Who is the team that injured Hawaii's starting quarterback with a late hit? Cincinnati!
Who threw the first punch? Cincinnati!
Who just lost the game and were just poor sports? Cincinnati!
Who were calling people in the stands Japs, etc? Cincinnati!
If Cincinnati was such saints why didn't they just go to the locker room instead of going to the Hawaii sidelines after the game?
If you are looking for a common demoninater, what conference are these two teams from?

The Houston game it was even worse, it started during pregame warm-ups, the houston player were saying racial things that were not even appropriate for trash talking. During warm-ups they were throwing passes, running plays and punting balls into the Hawaii side of the field. Did you ever see that? Teams will usually punt, pass, etc from the 50 yard line to the end zone. Why was this done?
After the game was done when the two team faced off which teams player started everyting by attackicking the other player with their Helmet? HOUSTON!
Which team had five personal fouls in the game?
HOUSTON!
Which team had just lost a close game?
HOUSTON!

Even Miami of Ohio has had problems, look what their assistant coach did a few years ago, hitting the fan , the same coache lost it at Hawaii to and destroyed the coaches pressbox and the players trashed the locker room.

It seems to me that Conference USA teams are just poor sports, my question for you my ignorant one is... why would Hawaii get into fights after just winning the game? You seem to think that Hawaii has all of the responsibility to stop these things, yeah right, they are going to back down protecting thier home field.

If you don't like Hawaii that is OK but at least know the facts, you just appear ignorant!

:rofl: :ownd:
12-26-2004 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.