01-25-2005 11:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

G-FORCE Wrote:It does not matter if you hate them or love them,

this team is good!
Like I said before, they are good, but this talk belongs on an Illinois bbs not here.
01-25-2005 11:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU

go Illini!! They have another tough test in MSU next week..if they can get by that game and beat Iowa @ Iowa, they should go undefeated in the regular season :)
01-25-2005 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

dynovinyl Wrote:
G-FORCE Wrote:It does not matter if you hate them or love them,

this team is good!
Like I said before, they are good, but this talk belongs on an Illinois bbs not here.
Why we cant talk baout anything other than the Huskies on this board? When the #1 team ends a 38 game home win streak, I think that it is worth a thread, dont you? I am not a Illini supporter or hater, but they are fun to watch.
01-25-2005 11:16 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

Other things do get brought up here. I've contributed to the Bulls thread. I don't have a problem with the occasional OT thread. However, my problem stems from the fact that there seems to be an inordinant number of threads/posts about a university not named Northern Illinois on the NIU bbs. Enough threads, in my oppinion, to garner it's own dedicated bbs. Not Northern's.
01-25-2005 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

Take it to Illinin. com. If you continue this Fighting Illiness crap, you will earn the ignore button. I come here to talk NIU not read U of I crap that does not belong here.
01-26-2005 07:30 AM
Advertisement

NIUengineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm a proud NIU grad but also not too proud to admit U of I deserves the attention. One or two thread titles on the forum is not going to kill anyone. If you don't want to read about Illini, don't click on the thread. Simple as that.

Just like most of you would like to have NIU be a hot topic on other universities boards, you should be respectful enough to understand that cheering for an in-state university other than NIU is not disrespectful to the Huskies in any way.
01-26-2005 09:25 AM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way

:snore:
01-26-2005 09:28 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

Disagree totally. If you want to talk Illini, go to an Illini board. As a dedicated Huskie fan, I should not be forced to filter through U of I garbage to see what I want to read and discuss. Join the others somewhere else for this love fest. It simply does not belong here.
01-26-2005 09:29 AM
NIUengineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Sorry to hurt your feelings. I agree that excessive OT posts are annoying. It just seems that you have no respect for other in-state schools. I personally don't start OT posts for the fact that it can offend others.

I'm just defending my loyalty to all Illinois state schools (not private). Grew up by U of I, went to EIU for two years, finished with 2 years at NIU and have friends at SIU and WIU. Go Illini, Panthers, Salukis, Leathernecks, but most of all GO Huskies!!!
01-26-2005 09:38 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

NIUengineer Wrote:I'm a proud NIU grad but also not too proud to admit U of I deserves the attention. One or two thread titles on the forum is not going to kill anyone. If you don't want to read about Illini, don't click on the thread. Simple as that.

Just like most of you would like to have NIU be a hot topic on other universities boards, you should be respectful enough to understand that cheering for an in-state university other than NIU is not disrespectful to the Huskies in any way.
Attention from Us?

Nope, they can get attention on their own boards, or on college hoops boards, that is more than enough attention. Since when has U of I cared if they get attention from NIU fans?

WORST ARGUMENT EVER "They deserve attention" :rofl:
01-26-2005 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Great victory for the Illini. That team is wicked good, particularly their three-headed guard combination of Head, Brown and Williams. Bruce Weber is also proving to be an outstanding X's and O's coach. The defensive tenacity of that team is something to behold.

Go Illini. Make the state of Illinois proud.
01-26-2005 11:21 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

niu85alum Wrote:Great victory for the Illini. That team is wicked good, particularly their three-headed guard combination of Head, Brown and Williams. Bruce Weber is also proving to be an outstanding X's and O's coach. The defensive tenacity of that team is something to behold.

Go Illini. Make the state of Illinois proud.
The Illini rock. I only caught the 2nd half last night because I was at the library for a few hours. Unbelievably great game. Dude, don't let some of these anti-Illini douche bags get you down. We don't have a basketball program at NIU anymore and need something to root for.

Illini all the way.

04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
01-26-2005 11:26 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DarthHuskie Wrote:
niu85alum Wrote:Great victory for the Illini.  That team is wicked good, particularly their three-headed guard combination of Head, Brown and Williams.  Bruce Weber is also proving to be an outstanding X's and O's coach.  The defensive tenacity of that team is something to behold. 

Go Illini.  Make the state of Illinois proud.
The Illini rock. I only caught the 2nd half last night because I was at the library for a few hours. Unbelievably great game. Dude, don't let some of these anti-Illini douche bags get you down. We don't have a basketball program at NIU anymore and need something to root for.

Illini all the way.

04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
Offically making the Douglas hall destroyer the biggest doofus on the board.
01-26-2005 11:33 AM
Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

It stands to reason that it would be more FUN and productive to chat about Illini basketball on the Illini board. Why post here? You'll just get divided feedback. Post on the Illini board will get you lots of strokes - I'm sure 100% of the posts over there will be pro-Illini, no division.

While you are posting over there, however, feel free to toss a few bombs about how their football team sucks and we dare them to play us...
01-26-2005 12:56 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

HuskieJ Wrote:Disagree totally. If you want to talk Illini, go to an Illini board. As a dedicated Huskie fan, I should not be forced to filter through U of I garbage to see what I want to read and discuss. Join the others somewhere else for this love fest. It simply does not belong here.
Amen to that HuskieJ, there is a place to talk about Illinois sports and this isnt it. Why get excited about a team that wont go anywhere in the tourney anywhere, they are undersized. It's good to see someone else in here has huskie pride. GO HUSKIES
01-26-2005 03:52 PM
Advertisement

Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU

NIUengineer Wrote:Sorry to hurt your feelings. I agree that excessive OT posts are annoying. It just seems that you have no respect for other in-state schools. I personally don't start OT posts for the fact that it can offend others.

I'm just defending my loyalty to all Illinois state schools (not private). Grew up by U of I, went to EIU for two years, finished with 2 years at NIU and have friends at SIU and WIU. Go Illini, Panthers, Salukis, Leathernecks, but most of all GO Huskies!!!
amen!
01-26-2005 04:08 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Flames24Rulz Wrote:
NIUengineer Wrote:Sorry to hurt your feelings.  I agree that excessive OT posts are annoying.  It just seems that you have no respect for other in-state schools.  I personally don't start OT posts for the fact that it can offend others.

I'm just defending my loyalty to all Illinois state schools (not private).  Grew up by U of I, went to EIU for two years, finished with 2 years at NIU and have friends at SIU and WIU.  Go Illini, Panthers, Salukis, Leathernecks, but most of all GO Huskies!!!
amen!
Its funny how the Illini gets respect only when they win, to me these are the "fake" huskie fans. And they are better off not even supporting the Huskies.

The Huskie fans who have jumped onto the Illini bandwagon are the same ones that wont give a lick about Huskie athletics once the football team has a losing season.
01-26-2005 04:11 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
Flames24Rulz Wrote:
NIUengineer Wrote:Sorry to hurt your feelings.  I agree that excessive OT posts are annoying.  It just seems that you have no respect for other in-state schools.  I personally don't start OT posts for the fact that it can offend others.

I'm just defending my loyalty to all Illinois state schools (not private).  Grew up by U of I, went to EIU for two years, finished with 2 years at NIU and have friends at SIU and WIU.  Go Illini, Panthers, Salukis, Leathernecks, but most of all GO Huskies!!!
amen!
Its funny how the Illini gets respect only when they win, to me these are the "fake" huskie fans. And they are better off not even supporting the Huskies.

The Huskie fans who have jumped onto the Illini bandwagon are the same ones that wont give a lick about Huskie athletics once the football team has a losing season.
Good grief, you are a moron. There is zero wrong in rooting for a basketball program within your own state. Ask half the people who graduated NIU and they will tell you there is no NIU versus Illinois debate. It is plausible to root for both programs if one so choses, just like it is plausible for me to root for NIU, Purdue and Michigan all at the same time.

Darth has a point. When we actually have a credible basketball program in Dekalb, then perhaps there will be an argument for picking sides between the Illini and the Huskies as there is in football. Until then, pipe down and take it like a man.
01-26-2005 04:15 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

niu85alum Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
Flames24Rulz Wrote:

amen!

Good grief, you are a moron. There is zero wrong in rooting for a basketball program within your own state. Ask half the people who graduated NIU and they will tell you there is no NIU versus Illinois debate. It is plausible to root for both programs if one so choses, just like it is plausible for me to root for NIU, Purdue and Michigan all at the same time.

Darth has a point. When we actually have a credible basketball program in Dekalb, then perhaps there will be an argument for picking sides between the Illini and the Huskies as there is in football. Until then, pipe down and take it like a man.
85alum you have no credibility on this issue, you have already been proven to like who is ever in first place at the Big 10 at the time, so if anything you just solidify my argument.
01-26-2005 04:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.