Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Expansion : Chryst vs. Presidents?
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC

Heard from a friend "in the business".

He says Chryst favors expansion and WKU.

MAC presidents reluctant to expand and especially a I-AA FB program. (fear of having another team drag down the conference standing?).

My guess is that this one will play out a little slower than what one might otherwise think.

'07 instead of say '06?

BTW, if it is WKU then they probably need to have their stadium done upon entering the MAC.
02-27-2005 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Irwin M. Fletcher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

12 seems A-OK to me. Christ had 12 disciples, why does CHRYST need 13 or 14?

Just kidding, but really, what does expansion do for the MAC other than make scheduling tougher and getting to the NCAA Basketball Tournament tougher for the existing MAC teams.

None of the expansion teams are going to help the MAC get another bowl bid, and quite possibly would take our RPI down, being that these are Temple and 1-AA teams were are talking about, save MTSU.

Adding teams also lessens the revenue pool for the existing MAC teams, as you would divide by 14 instead of 12.

What are the plusses for the existing 12 to add two more schools?

Please enlighten me?
02-27-2005 05:34 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

"12 seems A-OK to me. Christ had 12 disciples, why does CHRYST need 13 or 14?"
Yeah. And one of them was a traitor.
*cough*cough*marshall*cough*cough*
02-27-2005 05:57 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Irwin M. Fletcher Wrote:12 seems A-OK to me. Christ had 12 disciples, why does CHRYST need 13 or 14?

Just kidding, but really, what does expansion do for the MAC other than make scheduling tougher and getting to the NCAA Basketball Tournament tougher for the existing MAC teams.

None of the expansion teams are going to help the MAC get another bowl bid, and quite possibly would take our RPI down, being that these are Temple and 1-AA teams were are talking about, save MTSU.

Adding teams also lessens the revenue pool for the existing MAC teams, as you would divide by 14 instead of 12.

Please enlighten me?
WKU would improve our average RPI. Its basketball program is better than any others in the MAC.

We should jump at the opportunity to bring them in.
02-27-2005 06:24 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

I know...

WHO GIVES A SH%$T !!!

This b-ball season is fantastic and all anyone can talk about is the stupid A$$ expansion cr@p!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
02-27-2005 06:41 PM
PA Owl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Flash Wrote:I know...

WHO GIVES A SH%$T !!!

This b-ball season is fantastic and all anyone can talk about is the stupid A$$ expansion cr@p! 

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
i wish that Temple would go in for all sports. that would definitely help the Mac in both Men's and Womens Basketball. This year we have a top twenty womens team and next year, we will have a top twenty-five men's team also. Our main problems on the mens team are that we don't have a true backup center. as of next year we will with 7-1 Olmos and that would move undersized Dion Dacons, about 6-7,out of the middle to play backup foward. we will have PG 6-5 Mardy Collins, moving back and forth from point guard to shooting guard with 6-4 Point guad Semaj inge coming in from Camden, NJ

as for football, after next year our record will get better once we are in a conference and you will be able to expand your recruiting base and pick up a major area for your television in Philadelphia, adding revenue, especially when Temple gets better. We did beat one bowl team in Syracuse and should have beaten Pittsburgh (second Bowl team). Now with our offensive Coordinater gone and Willie Slater taking over, we will now start using more offensive schemes with a fullback in that will help when we get to the redzone offense. I just wish that QB Walter Washington had stayed for another year, you would be suprised how much he had improved from the time we played our last Mac team and were crushed up to the Pitt game.

i love your BBAll League, i just wish a second team would seperate themselves, so that you would get two teams in the NCAA'S. You deserve at least two.

03-razz
02-27-2005 07:19 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Irwin M. Fletcher Wrote:12 seems A-OK to me. Christ had 12 disciples, why does CHRYST need 13 or 14?

Please enlighten me?
Sounds like a hesitant cheer.
02-28-2005 08:05 AM
FalconFan1999 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

What about this? Instead of concentrating on expansion, we concentrate of a league wide effort to improve facilities, improve the quality of all teams, and MARKET the teams!

But if we are expanding, WKU and SIU are okay with me. Temple really seems like a CFU to me.
03-01-2005 09:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.