Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC B-ball Standings as of 2/27
Bookmark and Share
Phillystile Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UB, UMass

i believe this is right, with all the tiebreakers and such.

1 Miami (11-5)
2 Western Michigan (10-6)- west leader (beat BG 1-0)
3 Akron (10-6) (4-2 vs BG, Ohio, UB, KSU)
4 Bowling Green (10-6) (3-2 vs Akr, KSU, Ohio, UB)
5 Ohio (10-6) (3-3 vs Akr, BG, KSU, UB) (1-0 vs KSU)
6 Kent State (10-6) (3-3 vs Akr, BG, Ohio, UB) (0-1 vs Ohio)
7 Buffalo (10-6) (1-4 vs Akr, BG, Ohio, KSU)
8 Toledo (9-7)
9 Ball State (8-8)
10 Northern Illinois (7-10)
11 Eastern Michigan (5-11)
12 Central Michigan (3-14)
13 Marshall (2-14)

can someone verify this?
02-27-2005 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Irwin M. Fletcher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

With all of the games on Wednesday night and Saturday the look today is pretty obsolete... or does it.

Here is the remaining schedule along with my picks:

Miami: Kent, Marshall
> will go 2-0 and secure #1 seed

Buffalo: @ OU, Akron
> will go 1-1, losing to OU but beating Akron at home. UB has the best chance of this foursome to go 2-0 because they have the most talent in the East and are playing very well. Ohio is a paper tiger at home.

Akron: Marshall, @ Buffalo
> will go 1-1, beating Marshall at home and losing to UB

Kent: @ Miami, OU
> will lose at Miami and beat OU at home

Ohio: Buffalo, @ Kent
> Will beat Buffalo but lose at Kent

If this happens there would be a four way tie at 10-6. What would the tie-breakers be?

Akron is 3-2 in this group & owns tie-breaker with Ohio. A win over Marshall on Wednesday means little while a loss at Buffalo drops Akron from the bye race. A win over Buffalo would seemingly give Akron a bye as the #3.

Kent is 3-2 in this group & owns tie-breaker with Akron. If the Flashes win out they would be the #2 team and get a bye. If they lose to Ohio they would be playing on Monday in the first round.

Ohio is 2-2 in this group & owns no tie-breaker without a win over Kent, which would drop Kent from the run for a bye if Miami wins over Kent on Wednesday. If Ohio beats Buffalo, but loses to Kent, it a real mess, taking the tie-breakers deeper than I care to research.

Buffalo is 1-3 in this group and would need to go 2-0 this week, sweeping Akron for the year and gaining a split with Ohio to be in contention for a bye. But with the best talent and playing the tougher of the two games at home I see the Bulls earning the bye.

Ohio beat Buffalo in game one
Ohio beat Kent in game one
Akron swept Ohio
Kent swept Akron
Akron beat Buffalo in game one
Buffalo split the series with Kent
02-27-2005 05:23 PM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

Phillystile Wrote:i believe this is right, with all the tiebreakers and such.

1 Miami (11-5)
2 Western Michigan (10-6)- west leader (beat BG 1-0)
3 Akron (10-6) (4-2 vs BG, Ohio, UB, KSU)
4 Bowling Green (10-6) (3-2 vs Akr, KSU, Ohio, UB)
5 Ohio (10-6) (3-3 vs Akr, BG, KSU, UB) (1-0 vs KSU)
6 Kent State (10-6) (3-3 vs Akr, BG, Ohio, UB) (0-1 vs Ohio)
7 Buffalo (10-6) (1-4 vs Akr, BG, Ohio, KSU)
8 Toledo (9-7)
9 Ball State (8-8)
10 Northern Illinois (7-10)
11 Eastern Michigan (5-11)
12 Central Michigan (3-14)
13 Marshall (2-14)

can someone verify this?
No, no, NO!!! Please let us face ANYONE but freaking Buffalo in the play-in!! :mad: :mad:
02-27-2005 05:28 PM
Advertisement

WutupNJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

You really need to stop with the assumptions...those in my opinion are all poor predictions. Anything can happen, and although Jeremiah Wood is out, they are just talented as Buffalo. Akron has the stable roster that can compete on home, road and nuetral grounds. For Akron to lose at Buffalo, the same things would have to occur in both the losses to Kent at the end of the game. As u can clearly see, with AKron and Kent, it didn't matter who's home floor they were on, it was all a matter of one team out playing the other. For any team to win these last few games, they are simply gonna have to outplay the other team. Also, watch out for the 'spoilers' who pretty much don't have anything to lose.
02-28-2005 05:57 AM
Zippy989 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron

"Buffalo is 1-3 in this group and would need to go 2-0 this week, sweeping Akron for the year and gaining a split with Ohio to be in contention for a bye. But with the best talent and playing the tougher of the two games at home I see the Bulls earning the bye."

Except one problem, Akron beat Buffalo at home earlier this season 75-59 on January 12th...

Oh Well Phillystile, back to the drawing board. :D
02-28-2005 08:43 AM
Phillystile Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UB, UMass

Zippy989 Wrote:"Buffalo is 1-3 in this group and would need to go 2-0 this week, sweeping Akron for the year and gaining a split with Ohio to be in contention for a bye. But with the best talent and playing the tougher of the two games at home I see the Bulls earning the bye."

Except one problem, Akron beat Buffalo at home earlier this season 75-59 on January 12th...

Oh Well Phillystile, back to the drawing board. :D
lol, look what you're quoting, I didn't say we beat akron...in fact i was at that game in akron, UB's worst showing of the year, IMO. 04-drinky

anyways, the best teams will win, regardless of where the games are, blah blah blah. just that everyone knows how tough road wins are to come by in this conference. in fact, of the 5 teams in the MAC east (we wont include that other team :wave: ) how many teams have actually won a road game against another? here's my tally:

Kent at Akron
Akron at Ohio
Ohio at UB

that's it!...not even miami has won a road game against any of the 4 other teams.

that being said...UB's got 2 revenge games to close out...just like we did earlier this year against WMU. payback's a *****. :wave:
02-28-2005 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.