Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oddball Will Love This
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

This billboard, on the west end of the Sunset Strip, and two others are positioned so that they can be seen clearly from the Kodak Theater, where the Oscars are being held tonight ....... 04-bow

[Image: thankshollywood3fa.jpg]
02-27-2005 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Photodan Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
DonatorsDonatorsDonators

Thus starting the flame war of the week...

-Dan
02-27-2005 10:10 PM
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets&# Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Photodan Wrote:Thus starting the flame war of the week...

-Dan
Will this thread lead to Oddball mocking my intelligence or sense of humor? 04-rock

Anyway, it's the football offseason, so a few flame wars are very healthy for the maintenance of this board. :D

Also, I understand how Sean Penn, Barbara Streisand, Ben Affleck, Fatboy, and Whoopi helped with Bush's re-election (among many others) but what did Chevy Chase have to do with it?
02-27-2005 11:04 PM
Flipper!!! Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

During a celebration for "People for the American Way" or some such group, Chevy called the President a "dumbf**k". At least W was smart enough to stay out of "Caddyshack 2"....
02-27-2005 11:18 PM
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets&# Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Flipper!!! Wrote:During a celebration for "People for the American Way" or some such group, Chevy called the President a "dumbf**k". At least W was smart enough to stay out of "Caddyshack 2"....
:rofl: That's pretty good. Thanks Flipper and I guess he should be on that board then.

Anyway, Sean Hannity says that you're a great American, Ranger. :D

[Image: 233596.jpg]
02-27-2005 11:28 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

I watched Bill Maher about a week ago. I was very surprised. He gave kudos to the admininstration for the Iraq election.He said you can criticise the weapons of mass destruction,handling of the war in Iraq,the budget,etc.After seeing the election,the turn-out,and the Iraqi people-he realized what a great thing the US had done.Bill went on to say the Democrats are having problems acknowledging the Bush Administration's successes.He said it is hurting the Democrats,because they appear to be blinded by partisanship.
02-28-2005 03:35 AM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Touchdown Rrrrrooockets! Wrote:
Flipper!!! Wrote:During a celebration for "People for the American Way"  or some such group, Chevy called the President a "dumbf**k".  At least W was smart enough to stay out of "Caddyshack 2"....
:rofl: That's pretty good. Thanks Flipper and I guess he should be on that board then.

Anyway, Sean Hannity says that you're a great American, Ranger. :D

[Image: 233596.jpg]
George W. Lived Caddyshack!!!!

(Now I know why Lions eat their young)

His was the guy who hurled into the sunroof of the Benz!
02-28-2005 06:59 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Touchdown Rrrrrooockets! Wrote:Will this thread lead to Oddball mocking my intelligence or sense of humor? 04-rock
Maybe I'll mock your reading comprehension as I actually complimented your intelligence and sense of humor in the thread referenced. 03-razz

As for the moronic billboard...*YAWN*

Supporting the Bush administration means support for killing our troops.
It means sanctioning torture.
It means losing civil rights.
It means trading high paying jobs for fewer, low paying jobs.
It means tax cuts for the rich with less return for the middle class.
It means diminishing our standing in the world.
It means support for something contrary to both the public interest and your own self-interest.
It requires accepting lies for going to war.

However, it's still a semi-free country. Knock yourself out. :rolleyes:
02-28-2005 08:38 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

The best thing about this billboard is that it works for Pro-Bush groups and Anti-Bush groups.

For example, the pro Bush group might say, "Thanks for helping us out Hollywood." :)

While the anti-Bush group would say, "Thanks for screwing it up Hollywood." :mad:
02-28-2005 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BG Warthog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bowling Green

Oddball Wrote:
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets! Wrote:Will this thread lead to Oddball mocking my intelligence or sense of humor?  04-rock
Hmmmm, my tax refund was three times larger then ever before and nothing changed on my end of the equation. And I am about as middle class as it gets. Could it be that the middle class tax cut actually went to the middle class? 04-rock
02-28-2005 10:09 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BG Warthog Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets! Wrote:Will this thread lead to Oddball mocking my intelligence or sense of humor?  04-rock
Hmmmm, my tax refund was three times larger then ever before and nothing changed on my end of the equation. And I am about as middle class as it gets. Could it be that the middle class tax cut actually went to the middle class? 04-rock
LOL! Um, no. :rolleyes:
02-28-2005 10:16 AM
Advertisement

BG Warthog Offline
2nd String

Oddball Wrote:
BG Warthog Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets! Wrote:Will this thread lead to Oddball mocking my intelligence or sense of humor?   04-rock
LOL! Um, no. :rolleyes:
Oh, so then am I supposed to forward my refund on to Bill Gates or something? 03-wink
02-28-2005 10:18 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<a href='http://www.factcheck.org/article145.html' target='_blank'>http://www.factcheck.org/article145.html</a>

<a href='http://www.ctj.org/html/gwb0602.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.ctj.org/html/gwb0602.htm</a>

<a href='http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=34039' target='_blank'>http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.as...JRJ8OVF&b=34039</a>

<a href='http://www.faireconomy.org/press/2004/ShiftyTaxCuts_pr.html' target='_blank'>http://www.faireconomy.org/press/2004/Shif...TaxCuts_pr.html</a>
02-28-2005 10:24 AM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Yeah, so was mine last year, though I did have the new mortgage to help out. Yes, that tax cut really helped me out, and least from the visible evidence. The rest of the results of that tax cut are a little harder to see <a href='http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpdodt.htm' target='_blank'>National Debt</a>, currently $4.5 TRILLION. Now, maybe the government going into debt forever isn't such a horrible idea to you. Maybe you look at it like the GOVERNMENT has to worry about paying it back, not ME. But we do, every last one of us. Under Ronald Reagan, the interest on the national debt was approaching 25% of the federal budget! Wanna guess where THIS debt is going to end up? Every penny the government spends on interest payments is money that cannot go anywhere else. That means it can't pay for your local congressperson's favorite home district project. It can't pay for improving national parks. It can't go to improved benefits for veterans. It can't fund research grants. We don't get to use it to pay for armor for humvees in Iraq or anywhere else. That money goes to a bank somewhere to do with it as banks do. And the rich just keep on getting richer.
02-28-2005 10:34 AM
dondosae1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BALL STATE!

I hate talking politics, but I thought the billboard was funny.

I'm out. 04-drinky
02-28-2005 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I know it makes a good talking point, but the billboard was "in view" of the Kodak Theater in the same sense that the Glass Bowl is "in view" from BG's campus. It's practically on the other damn side of town.

I'm happy to see the right-wing is now into pissing their money away on projects that give them no benefit whatsoever, though.
02-28-2005 11:22 AM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:I know it makes a good talking point for the brownshirts, but the billboard was "in view" of the Kodak Theater in the same sense that the Glass Bowl is "in view" from BG's campus. It's practically on the other damn side of town.

I'm happy to see the right-wing is now into pissing their money away on projects that give them no benefit whatsoever, though.
Its not like they arnt used to blowing money anyway.
02-28-2005 01:39 PM
RocketWolverine Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Heh. When faced with reality, liberals stick their head in the sand and just simply deny it.

Hilarious.
02-28-2005 03:28 PM
RocketWolverine Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Karl Wrote:Yeah, so was mine last year, though I did have the new mortgage to help out.&nbsp; Yes, that tax cut really helped me out, and least from the visible evidence.&nbsp; The rest of the results of that tax cut are a little harder to see <a href='http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpdodt.htm' target='_blank'>National Debt</a>, currently $4.5 TRILLION.&nbsp; Now, maybe the government going into debt forever isn't such a horrible idea to you.&nbsp; Maybe you look at it like the GOVERNMENT has to worry about paying it back, not ME.&nbsp; But we do, every last one of us.&nbsp; Under Ronald Reagan, the interest on the national debt was approaching 25% of the federal budget!&nbsp; Wanna guess where THIS debt is going to end up?&nbsp; Every penny the government spends on interest payments is money that cannot go anywhere else.&nbsp; That means it can't pay for your local congressperson's favorite home district project.&nbsp; It can't pay for improving national parks.&nbsp; It can't go to improved benefits for veterans.&nbsp; It can't fund research grants.&nbsp; We don't get to use it to pay for armor for humvees in Iraq or anywhere else.&nbsp; That money goes to a bank somewhere to do with it as banks do.&nbsp; And the rich just keep on getting richer.
National Debt?

No such thing.

Do you even know what the mythical "National Debt" is? A large chunk of it is money that one branch of the government owes another. It's a paper debt.

The remainder is owed mostly to foreign investors. Mainly the Chinese, Japanese and Middle Eastern.

At any time, we could simply say "sorry, we're bankrupt" and that would be that. No more National Debt. Take the 25% used to pay down the interest and used it to pay for stuff we need here.
02-28-2005 03:31 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

RocketWolverine Wrote:
Karl Wrote:Yeah, so was mine last year, though I did have the new mortgage to help out.  Yes, that tax cut really helped me out, and least from the visible evidence.  The rest of the results of that tax cut are a little harder to see <a href='http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpdodt.htm' target='_blank'>National Debt</a>, currently $4.5 TRILLION.  Now, maybe the government going into debt forever isn't such a horrible idea to you.  Maybe you look at it like the GOVERNMENT has to worry about paying it back, not ME.  But we do, every last one of us.  Under Ronald Reagan, the interest on the national debt was approaching 25% of the federal budget!  Wanna guess where THIS debt is going to end up?  Every penny the government spends on interest payments is money that cannot go anywhere else.  That means it can't pay for your local congressperson's favorite home district project.  It can't pay for improving national parks.  It can't go to improved benefits for veterans.  It can't fund research grants.  We don't get to use it to pay for armor for humvees in Iraq or anywhere else.  That money goes to a bank somewhere to do with it as banks do.  And the rich just keep on getting richer.
National Debt?

No such thing.

Do you even know what the mythical "National Debt" is? A large chunk of it is money that one branch of the government owes another. It's a paper debt.

The remainder is owed mostly to foreign investors. Mainly the Chinese, Japanese and Middle Eastern.

At any time, we could simply say "sorry, we're bankrupt" and that would be that. No more National Debt. Take the 25% used to pay down the interest and used it to pay for stuff we need here.
If we defaulted on our debt, it would be the first time in American history.

And the world economy would collapse.

I think that's a big deal. Maybe you don't.
02-28-2005 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.