Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New academic standards
Bookmark and Share
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Well, we've all been waiting for this! 04-rock Let's hope the MAC continues to stay above the norm, and that tOAMU players continue to struggle w/ their golf classes.

EMU gets mentioned, not in a good context.

More than 400 sports teams risk losing scholarships under new NCAA rules
MICHAEL MAROT

• AP Sports Writer •
INDIANAPOLIS — More than 400 sports teams at the nation’s Division I schools could lose scholarships next year under the NCAA’s new academic standards, according to a report released Monday.
Most of the scholarship losses, which would be for one year, were expected in football, baseball and men’s basketball.
Of the 5,270 Division I teams, about 410 risk penalties. About half of the nation’s 328 Division I schools have at least one team facing sanctions, according to the preliminary report.
“We hope the behavior changes and the number of teams will actually go down over time,
03-01-2005 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FalconFan1999 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

This is another case of inaccurate information. The information may be correct in part, but it is incorrect in that it is not complete. This should never have been distributed to the press without it's completion. Stupid! There are plenty of EMU grads from the Track team. When I was there, the track teams led the athletic department with highest number of student athletes on the Dean's list and other academic awards.
03-01-2005 08:52 AM
Advertisement

MikeSpicer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ball State

Someone on the Ball State board posted this list (from the print version of the Houston paper) of the top 10 schools' average scores. The MAC has two in the top four.

1. Navy 990
2. Miami (OH) 986
3. Duke 984
4. Ball State 983
5. Rice 981
6. Northwestern 980
7. Stanford 979
8. Wake Forest 979
9. Notre Dame 979
10. Boston College 979
03-01-2005 09:25 AM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

This is great publicity for the MAC.
03-01-2005 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.