Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Haynes Test
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

"Haynes, however, is supposed to be this team’s star.

As a sophomore, he led Kent State to the MAC tourney championship game last year with a brilliant 26-point night in a quarterfinal win over Bowling Green, followed by 22 points in a semifinal victory over Miami.

If Haynes still has that type of performance in him, it’s time for Christian to coax it to the surface. That means no more bringing him off the bench, and no more 25-to-30 minute games.

Christian has to show he has confidence in Haynes’ ability to lead this team by playing him 40 minutes a night until Kent State is finally eliminated."

This quote is from today's Record Courier. Interesting point and I think this tourney could be a defining moment in DeAndre's career at KSU insofar as how he will be remembered. I think a gut check performance would go along way in securing a place in the pantheon of KSU greats. He is certainly capable of it, but like many of us his performance is so dependent on his state of mind. A few games ago it sounded like he had his head straight with all the "attack offensively" talk, but in the game at Miami, it sounded like he simply disappeared after some early setbacks. So which one is it? 40 minutes a game with no looking back may be the only way to find out.

Finally though I loath to make predictions, I still believe we will win 20 and make the NIT this year.

Go Flashes!
03-05-2005 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

He passed. :D
03-05-2005 10:01 PM
Flashes Win Again Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

If Haynes consistently plays like he did last night we'll run away with the MAC championship next year. I think our AD needs to spring for one of sports phychologists to give him some confidence.
03-06-2005 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.