Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall Poll
Bookmark and Share
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

MAC fans, vote in Marshall poll on C-USA forum.

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/confusa/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=25250' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/confusa/invi...ST&f=22&t=25250</a>
05-16-2005 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Never mind, just as I expected, the poll was deleted in less than two seconds after I got to vote. So what is the problem with the monitors on this forum? Why can’t you delete the moronic C-USA polls on this forum?
05-16-2005 10:26 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Thread is gone. 03-lol
The CUSA folks are very sensitive and don't take kindly to outsiders.
The chest puffing and massive insecurities that populate that board are astonishing.
05-16-2005 10:32 AM
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

bronco67 Wrote:Never mind, just as I expected, the poll was deleted in less than two seconds after I got to vote. So what is the problem with the monitors on this forum? Why can’t you delete the moronic C-USA polls on this forum?
The moderators here don't do a very good job of clearing out all the political crap from this forum either! 05-nono
05-16-2005 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Could we get a response from our forum monitors? Who are they, why do they allow C-USA fans to post garbage on this forum, while monitors on C-USA don't allow the same crap on their forum?
05-16-2005 10:57 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I have not received a single complaint about a topic on this forum in weeks.
There is a "Report this post" link at the bottom of every thread that goes to all the moderators, whose names are listed on the main page for every forum.
If it doesn't violate the AUP and doesn't get out of control, why delete it? If I deleted every dumb*** post and thread acording to MY tastes, there would be damn little on this board.
I don't think you want this board to mimic the CUSA board. It's a mess over there, and they struggle to keep up with all the crap.
05-16-2005 11:07 AM
Advertisement

skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

axeme Wrote:I have not received a single complaint about a topic on this forum in weeks.
There is a "Report this post" link at the bottom of every thread that goes to all the moderators, whose names are listed on the main page for every forum.
If it doesn't violate the AUP and doesn't get out of control, why delete it? If I deleted every dumb*** post and thread acording to MY tastes, there would be damn little on this board.
I don't think you want this board to mimic the CUSA board. It's a mess over there, and they struggle to keep up with all the crap.
Tried the "report this post" last night, and received an error. And if you read the WKU & Temple thread, you'll see more than one complaint.
05-16-2005 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The moderators here tend to let things go on if there are no complaints, instead of being so sensitive and come out looking like dictators like on the C-USA board.

It could be that the report a post isn't working because I haven't received a complaint in at least a couple of weeks.

As a moderator, I don't want to become a dictator and just start deleting stuff. I will check with GTS on why the report a post is not working. In the meantime, please PM a moderator or email a moderator when you have a complaint so that we can take appropriate action.

Thank you!
05-16-2005 11:17 AM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

axeme Wrote:I deleted every dumb*** post and thread acording to MY tastes, there would be damn little on this board.
Hey, the world needs a board that focuses on nothing but Kent State golf, Jimmy Buffett jokes, and the latest models from Subaru.
05-16-2005 11:27 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

axeme Wrote:It's a mess over there, and they struggle to keep up with all the crap.
The CUSA board is the most active and used board on the server.............
05-16-2005 11:39 AM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

Quantity and quality are different concepts.
05-16-2005 11:43 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

DevilGrad Wrote:Quantity and quality are different concepts.
Well if the board was crap do you think people would continue posting there?

Think about it.
05-16-2005 11:47 AM
RedSteve Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

they're just there for the virtual titty bar?
05-16-2005 11:52 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo

The Knight Time Wrote:
axeme Wrote:It's a mess over there, and they struggle to keep up with all the crap.
The CUSA board is the most active and used board on the server.............
Actually the daily, weekly, and monthly statistics that JoltinJacket puts out usually shows more posts for the MAC Conference Talk forum than there are on the C-USA Conference Talk forum. Now the Memphis forum is just blowing everyone away, but we are talking about the C-USA Conference Talk forum, not the Memphis forum.
05-16-2005 11:55 AM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

There are plenty of well-populated crappy boards. They are populated by crappy intellects who find a home amongst their peers.

Think about it.
05-16-2005 11:57 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:
DevilGrad Wrote:Quantity and quality are different concepts.
Well if the board was crap do you think people would continue posting there?

Think about it.
A lot of people watch Fear Factor. That doesn't make it quality programming.

The more people you get together, the more everyone tends towards the lowest common denominator, which is pretty much the definition of CUSA. :wave:
05-16-2005 12:25 PM
Advertisement

mattsledge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami

Apparently I have been banned on the Big East board here on the site - and I've never even posted there!

I get a message saying "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board.".

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
05-16-2005 02:19 PM
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers

mattsledge Wrote:Apparently I have been banned on the Big East board here on the site - and I've never even posted there!

I get a message saying "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board.".

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
I got the same message ..
05-16-2005 02:22 PM
mattsledge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami

Damn. Maybe it's a board problem, then?
05-16-2005 02:23 PM
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

mattsledge Wrote:Damn. Maybe it's a board problem, then?
Same message....

Although, maybe it's because we all three (originally) signed up on the MAC board. Big East gave Temple the boot, and now since we're affiliated with the MAC, which was stupid enough to offer a foot-ball only invite to Temple..., we're getting the boot too...

Or perhaps, I'm just graspin' at straws. 03-razz
05-16-2005 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.