Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To ban or not to ban
Bookmark and Share
FalconFan1999 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Idiots, do we ban them or tolerate them? I think morons who cause flame wars with nearly every post should get the boot! By the way since we're talking about it, I am going to begin to boycott eating the chocolate Kit Kat bar now as well! :cuss:

I'm still fairly new around here to posting, longer time lurker, but it didn't take me long at all to realize who the biggest horses rear end is! :biggun:

People like that shouldn't be allowed out of their padded rooms, let alone have access to the internet. 05-nono
05-25-2005 07:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

FalconFan1999 Wrote:Idiots, do we ban them or tolerate them? I think morons who cause flame wars with nearly every post should get the boot! By the way since we're talking about it, I am going to begin to boycott eating the chocolate Kit Kat bar now as well! :cuss:

I'm still fairly new around here to posting, longer time lurker, but it didn't take me long at all to realize who the biggest horses rear end is! :biggun:

People like that shouldn't be allowed out of their padded rooms, let alone have access to the internet. 05-nono
Following my liberatarian views, I do not beleive anyone should be banned. Besides he is quite amusing....once you realize you can not take him seriously.
05-25-2005 07:33 AM
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd

Opt to ignore him. It's your right.

I'm bemused by him so I would like to keep him around.
05-25-2005 07:46 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Just because some is viewed as an idiot does not mean that he/she should be banned. If they are violating the AUP that is another thing, but if they are not and you don't want to read their posts just use the ignore feature.
05-25-2005 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The poster in question, on the previous incarnation of the MAC board, was known for posting pro-Osama diatribes. To me, that was ban-worthy. His mindless drivel here is nowhere near that level. While I don't agree with the other posters that he is amusing, his previous rants probably preclude that from ever happening for me, I do agree that you should just ignore him if he bothers you. It takes quite a bit for me to think that someone should be banned, for example suggesting that a certain actress be killed for statements made 30 some years ago, or claiming all arabs are responsible for 9/11, but personally adding them to my ignore list has been very effective. I have a grand total of two people (Rocketwolverine and connerito, if you're interested) on my ignore list, and it has improved my reading quality here by leaps and bounds. I'm sure that adding me to their ignore list has increased the quality of life of some posters here, as well. It's a good feature, check it out. OTOH, Kitkat gets incredulously quoted so often that it might render the ignore function a bit less useful. Worth a try, at least.
05-25-2005 08:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

I don't believe in banning the aforementioned individual.His presence
serves as a message about mental illness and the dangers of inbreeding.
05-25-2005 08:30 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Boca Rocket Wrote:I don't believe in banning the aforementioned individual.He presence
So, you're saying that since we no longer have Marshall, KK serves as a public service here? Sort of a purpose driven imbecile, eh? Gotcha! :D
05-25-2005 08:32 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Oddball Wrote:
Boca Rocket Wrote:I don't believe in banning the aforementioned individual.He presence
So, you're saying that since we know longer have Marshall, KK serves as a public service here? Sort of a purpose driven imbecile, eh? Gotcha! :D
He has big shoes to fill!
05-25-2005 08:37 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Boca Rocket Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
So, you're saying that since we know longer have Marshall, KK serves as a public service here? Sort of a purpose driven imbecile, eh? Gotcha! :D
Well, considering that he first has to get his head out of his @ss before he can remove his feet from his mouth, that will be quite a task, indeed. :D
05-25-2005 08:39 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Oddball Wrote:
Boca Rocket Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
Well, considering that he first has to get his head out of his @ss before he can remove his feet from his mouth, that will be quite a task, indeed. :D
I think we can provide the crowbar and he already has the KY jelly.
05-25-2005 08:42 AM
coolhandred Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Donators

My Dad always told me: "Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one!"

As long as he is abiding by the format, let him air his opinions. As has been suggested, if you do not like what he has to say, add him to the ignore list. Only my humble opinion.
05-25-2005 08:48 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Boca Rocket Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
Boca Rocket Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:
I think we can provide the crowbar and he already has the KY jelly.
Okay, I'm furiously shaking my mental Etch-A-Sketch now. :eek:
05-25-2005 08:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[Image: Chsfbbl02T.JPG]
05-25-2005 08:55 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Ban Kit Kat?

WTF? He's one of the few who to try to get MAC fans out of their docile state.
05-25-2005 08:57 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrTorch Wrote:Ban Kit Kat?

WTF? He's one of the few who to try to get MAC fans out of their docile state.
03-nutkick
05-25-2005 08:59 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Kit Kat doesn't even top my banworthy list any more.
05-25-2005 09:09 AM
Advertisement

FtLauderdaleRocket Offline
Yet Another Florida Rocket

rocketfootball Wrote:Just because some is viewed as an idiot .......
Lee Corso posts here? 03-wink
05-25-2005 09:10 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

One Big East Board has a "Penalty Box".

Put someone in there for a few hours, few days, or more.

But since probably 1/3 of all posts could be considered "name-calling, entice flame wars, etc...is it really worth it?

KL
05-25-2005 09:18 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I am moving this thread to the Smack board since I feel this is degrading to the person that is the subject of this thread when he/she has not done anything to violate the AUP.
05-25-2005 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

FalconFan1999 Wrote:Idiots, do we ban them or tolerate them? I think morons who cause flame wars with nearly every post should get the boot! By the way since we're talking about it, I am going to begin to boycott eating the chocolate Kit Kat bar now as well! :cuss:

Strike me down if you will......

I have an apprentice that will be stronger than both of us!

03-lol
05-25-2005 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.