Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's more important
Bookmark and Share
Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators

Not being of a loser mentality, I don't understand this sort of thought process. I'm hoping that some here can help me out. I have read a number of comments from certain posters such as Dogger, Santa Fe, Schadenfreude, and HuskieDan in regards to UT's losses to Minnesota, Kansas, and Ball State. The mention of these losses occur in discussion of the strength of UT's team. As far as I know, none of these posters are fans of the aforementioned teams. This leads me to the following question: In a loser's world, can a loss to an opposing team be sufficiently repudiated when that opposing team loses to a team which [the said loser] is not affiliated with? Clearly, as a UT fan, I do not have the answer for this and it kind of boggles my mind. For those that may fall in this category: is this normal?

[Image: kneelsuckers.gif]
06-18-2005 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

:rolleyes:
06-18-2005 05:16 PM
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I choooooooooose. . . "C". :)
06-18-2005 06:17 PM
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd

Why, this is a clear cut case of rocket envy.

Regards,
Senator Joseph McCarthy
06-18-2005 09:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Roudebush Rocket Wrote:Not being of a loser mentality, I don't understand this sort of thought process. I'm hoping that some here can help me out. I have read a number of comments from certain posters such as Dogger, Santa Fe, Schadenfreude, and HuskieDan in regards to UT's losses to Minnesota, Kansas, and Ball State. The mention of these losses occur in discussion of the strength of UT's team. As far as I know, none of these posters are fans of the aforementioned teams. This leads me to the following question: In a loser's world, can a loss to an opposing team be sufficiently repudiated when that opposing team loses to a team which [the said loser] is not affiliated with? Clearly, as a UT fan, I do not have the answer for this and it kind of boggles my mind. For those that may fall in this category: is this normal?

What?
06-18-2005 09:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
EMUHuron Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

ok, i admit it, i don't even watch my team play
- - - - - i just tune in to find out if someone managed to knock off toledo.

(for those unable to decipher - - - - - i'm being sarcastic)
.......you always have to spell it out for ohio u fans
06-18-2005 09:38 PM
Advertisement

Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators

Rightupinthere Wrote:Why, this is a clear cut case of rocket envy.
I see what you are saying, Rightup but I am not sold on the fact that Schad has a full blown case of it. I don't think that HuskieDan has a case of it either as Husky fans are generally more concerned with their own team than others. Of course, this could be an isolated symptom for each though. Hmmm...interesting point though. I'll think about that one.

FWIW, I think that the only fans plagued with the case are most BG fans, outside of yourself, FF, 87 Alum, and a few others. I just don't think that the case is as widespread as this board or AZZ would lead me to believe.

:angel:
06-18-2005 09:44 PM
Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators

EMUHuron Wrote:ok, i admit it, i don't even watch my team play
- - - - - i just tune in to find out if someone managed to knock off toledo.
Oh no! The Eagles too? 03-wink
06-18-2005 09:46 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Roudebush Rocket Wrote:is this normal?
Nothing normal about that post.
06-20-2005 01:56 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Roudebush Rocket Wrote:Not being of a loser mentality, I don't understand this sort of thought process. I'm hoping that some here can help me out. I have read a number of comments from certain posters such as Dogger, Santa Fe, Schadenfreude, and HuskieDan in regards to UT's losses to Minnesota, Kansas, and Ball State. The mention of these losses occur in discussion of the strength of UT's team. As far as I know, none of these posters are fans of the aforementioned teams. This leads me to the following question: In a loser's world, can a loss to an opposing team be sufficiently repudiated when that opposing team loses to a team which [the said loser] is not affiliated with? Clearly, as a UT fan, I do not have the answer for this and it kind of boggles my mind. For those that may fall in this category: is this normal?

The MAC is fighting for national respect. We threw down the gauntlet once and for all on September 20, 2003. There is no going back. At this point, every chance we have to make a statement will be a statement, either in our favor or against our cause.

The general sports public does not expect a lot out of the MAC, but we fans know that we can be more than many assume. As such, certain losses make the entire MAC look worse when they occur, and unfortunately Toledo had 3 of them last year. Instead of the counted-on opportunities to continue to rev up the MAC publicity train, questions were being asked when our most promising 2004 program stumbled in opportunity games.

Many UT fans understandably bristle when this is brought up, but I do not bring it up in order to take a dig at UT. The fact is that the MAC teams have tremendous pressure on them in games such as these to continue to shape the perception of our league. I know UT fans understand this concept or we wouldn't have seen the venom thrown at Marshall for it's bush-league actions and cheating and the stain it put on the MAC in the process.
06-20-2005 02:37 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo

HuskieDan Wrote:
Roudebush Rocket Wrote:Not being of a loser mentality, I don't understand this sort of thought process.  I'm hoping that some here can help me out.  I have read a number of comments from certain posters such as Dogger, Santa Fe, Schadenfreude, and HuskieDan in regards to UT's losses to Minnesota, Kansas, and Ball State.  The mention of these losses occur in discussion of the strength of UT's team.  As far as I know, none of these posters are fans of the aforementioned teams.  This leads me to the following question: In a loser's world, can a loss to an opposing team be sufficiently repudiated when that opposing team loses to a team which [the said loser] is not affiliated with?  Clearly, as a UT fan, I do not have the answer for this and it kind of boggles my mind.  For those that may fall in this category: is this normal?

The MAC is fighting for national respect. We threw down the gauntlet once and for all on September 20, 2003. There is no going back. At this point, every chance we have to make a statement will be a statement, either in our favor or against our cause.

The general sports public does not expect a lot out of the MAC, but we fans know that we can be more than many assume. As such, certain losses make the entire MAC look worse when they occur, and unfortunately Toledo had 3 of them last year. Instead of the counted-on opportunities to continue to rev up the MAC publicity train, questions were being asked when our most promising 2004 program stumbled in opportunity games.

Many UT fans understandably bristle when this is brought up, but I do not bring it up in order to take a dig at UT. The fact is that the MAC teams have tremendous pressure on them in games such as these to continue to shape the perception of our league. I know UT fans understand this concept or we wouldn't have seen the venom thrown at Marshall for it's bush-league actions and cheating and the stain it put on the MAC in the process.
The thing that has alienated so many Rocket fans from the few posters here that keep bringing up the UT losses is that these few posters are caring and making a much bigger deal out of it then anyone else in the country. It is actually quite sad when conference mates are ripping Toledo for those losses much worse than fans from other conferences. It makes it look like our conference doesn't have much unity among fans. I thought those days would be gone with Marshall leaving, but apparently I was mistaken.

There's not much of anything else to say. Why are our own conference mates ripping Toledo for those losses so much worse than fans or media from other conferences have?
06-20-2005 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:
Roudebush Rocket Wrote:Not being of a loser mentality, I don't understand this sort of thought process.  I'm hoping that some here can help me out.  I have read a number of comments from certain posters such as Dogger, Santa Fe, Schadenfreude, and HuskieDan in regards to UT's losses to Minnesota, Kansas, and Ball State.  The mention of these losses occur in discussion of the strength of UT's team.  As far as I know, none of these posters are fans of the aforementioned teams.  This leads me to the following question: In a loser's world, can a loss to an opposing team be sufficiently repudiated when that opposing team loses to a team which [the said loser] is not affiliated with?  Clearly, as a UT fan, I do not have the answer for this and it kind of boggles my mind.  For those that may fall in this category: is this normal?

The thing that has alienated so many Rocket fans from the few posters here that keep bringing up the UT losses is that these few posters are caring and making a much bigger deal out of it then anyone else in the country. It is actually quite sad when conference mates are ripping Toledo for those losses much worse than fans from other conferences. It makes it look like our conference doesn't have much unity among fans. I thought those days would be gone with Marshall leaving, but apparently I was mistaken.

There's not much of anything else to say. Why are our own conference mates ripping Toledo for those losses so much worse than fans or media from other conferences have?
If UT fans are so angelic, then perhaps you should be asking why a UT poster is baiting people. :rolleyes:
06-20-2005 02:54 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

HuskieDan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:

If UT fans are so angelic, then perhaps you should be asking why a UT poster is baiting people. :rolleyes:
You're funny. This is the smack board, right? Bastard! 03-razz

You still didn't answer my question though. 03-wink
06-20-2005 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:

You're funny. This is the smack board, right? Bastard! 03-razz

You still didn't answer my question though. 03-wink
You have a serious rivalry with BG, right? I'd suspect much of it involves BG fans wanting to tweak their rival, just like UT fans like to talk about the pumpkin and poop and pink railings.

I've tried to talk intelligently about those UT losses and what they mean in the grand scheme of the MAC perception (and have even included NIU's loss to WIU in '02), but tend to be shouted down by UT fans when I do, and am then accused of never winning anything so my opinion is not valid.

BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board. You're welcome. 03-wink
06-20-2005 03:22 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

HuskieDan Wrote:I've tried to talk intelligently about those UT losses and what they mean in the grand scheme of the MAC perception (and have even included NIU's loss to WIU in '02), but tend to be shouted down by UT fans when I do, and am then accused of never winning anything so my opinion is not valid.

BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board. You're welcome. 03-wink
And I have tried to intelligently talk about what the perception is of most people outside of our area, and that surprisingly most people remember the MAC school's big wins moreso than the losses...........yet it has been met with comments like you're crazy, you're wrong, I know one guy that thinks it is funny that Toledo lost games badly, and so forth.

I have tried to explain that I hear the same things about the top teams in the MAC, not just Toledo. People remember the big wins and don't care so much about the big losses. Hell, look at some big programs and see how they lose games big sometime too and that doesn't change the opinion of most people on that program.

I still think you are a closet BG fan though. 03-wink
06-20-2005 03:34 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

HuskieDan Wrote:BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board. You're welcome. 03-wink
:crying: So are you gonna move all threads that are smack talk material? Or just the ones that hurt your feelings? :rolleyes:
06-20-2005 03:38 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

TJRocket Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board.  You're welcome.  03-wink
:crying: So are you gonna move all threads that are smack talk material? Or just the ones that hurt your feelings? :rolleyes:
Just the ones that'll piss you off if moved. :wave:
06-20-2005 04:16 PM
MillenniumFALCON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BGSU

TJRocket Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board.  You're welcome.  03-wink
You're a dick. Crybabies like you make me sick. Be a man about it and STFU.

Warmest Regards,
MF
06-20-2005 07:37 PM
MillenniumFALCON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BGSU

rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:I've tried to talk intelligently about those UT losses and what they mean in the grand scheme of the MAC perception (and have even included NIU's loss to WIU in '02), but tend to be shouted down by UT fans when I do, and am then accused of never winning anything so my opinion is not valid. 

BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board.  You're welcome.  03-wink
And I have tried to intelligently talk about what the perception is of most people outside of our area, and that surprisingly most people remember the MAC school's big wins moreso than the losses...........yet it has been met with comments like you're crazy, you're wrong, I know one guy that thinks it is funny that Toledo lost games badly, and so forth.

I have tried to explain that I hear the same things about the top teams in the MAC, not just Toledo. People remember the big wins and don't care so much about the big losses. Hell, look at some big programs and see how they lose games big sometime too and that doesn't change the opinion of most people on that program.

I still think you are a closet BG fan though. 03-wink
Ten-fifteen years ago, Miami had a reputation as a giant-killer. They couldn't win the MAC, though. During that time I think the reputation of Miami was greater than any MAC team until marshall *spit* came along. They would beat one good OOC team a year. BG, for example, only had one victory over a ranked opponent at that time. Miami had several.

BG went undefeated in the MAC 2+ years, Miami has had some victories over (now) BCS conference teams. Miami had a better and bigger national reputation.

Now our entire conference (OK - the top end) has a reputation as being a tough matchup. It is because of OOC wins. without them, we have one team a year either getting ranked or in the others getting votes column. We had two ranked MAC teams meet in a game. does that happen without NIU and BG's OOC wins?

Toledo getting embarrassed OOC is bad for all of us. Thanks for Pittsburgh, now try not to let mid level BCS teams run 63 on your asses, or lose another MCB. Our conference "champion" got its ****** handed to them multiple times. Thanks for helping our perception.
:rolleyes:
06-20-2005 07:47 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

HuskieDan Wrote:
TJRocket Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:BTW - I moved this thread to the smack board, as it was initially posted on the main MAC board.  You're welcome.   03-wink
Just the ones that'll piss you off if moved. :wave:
Sorry Dan, no one over here is pissed off. :wave:
Remember, its your team that has played the b!tch role to the Rockets for the past 15 years. 03-lol
06-21-2005 08:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.