Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tastes Great!
Bookmark and Share
BeerNuggets Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'm tired of all the political discussion, so I thought that I'd start a real argument.

Lite Beer tastes great!
07-07-2005 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CPTD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

"We only need one pin Rodney!"
07-07-2005 12:54 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

"Less filling!"
07-07-2005 01:08 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

It's all good as long as it gives me a little buzz and memorable beer farts. :arse: :bluethumb:
07-07-2005 01:16 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Michelob Ultra. Tastes like real beer with only 85 calories and 6 grams of carbs.
07-07-2005 01:16 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

Miller lite is bitter. I drank it for years because that was THE beer that everyone had. Then I tried Bud Light and it didn't have that taste. Then Eduardos (yes in DeKalb) showed me the light . . . Coors Light.

Of course, that was when I was younger. Now that I rearly drink beer, I shoot straight for the Blue Moon.

...Or was I just supposed to continue the threat with "Taste Great"
07-07-2005 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

dynovinyl Wrote:Of course, that was when I was younger. Now that I rearly drink beer, I shoot straight for the Blue Moon.
That's how I like to drink my beer, too! 03-wink As much as I enjoy anal imbibing, I don't care what color the moon is! :D
07-07-2005 02:05 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox

BeerNuggets Wrote:I'm tired of all the political discussion, so I thought that I'd start a real argument.

Lite Beer tastes great!
The moment you said Lite beer is the moment you killed this thread and your credibility.

05-nono
07-07-2005 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

Quote:  Lite Beer tastes great! 

No it doesn't. It's taste like what I imagine horse urine would taste like. 04-drinky 03-puke That's why it is less filling. Because I will not drink very much of it.
07-07-2005 02:14 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

"It's raining BEER!!!!!"

I love that commercial!
07-07-2005 02:24 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

Huskie_Jon Wrote:
Quote:  Lite Beer tastes great!  

No it doesn't. It's taste like what I imagine horse urine would taste like. 04-drinky 03-puke That's why it is less filling. Because I will not drink very much of it.
Yes, but the commercials were classic. At NIU, it was generally Miller lite when I was there, but I can't drink the stuff now. Even MGD is a bit weak.
07-07-2005 02:28 PM
Advertisement

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

A man went into the proctologist's office for his first exam. The doctor told him to have a seat in the examination room and that he would be with him in just a few minutes.

Well, when the man sat down in the examination room, he noticed that there were three items on a stand next to the doctor's desk: a tube of K-Y jelly, a rubber glove, and a beer.

When the doctor came in....the man said, "Look Doc, this is my first exam....I know what the K-Y is for....and I know what the glove is for....but what's the BEER for?"

At this instant, the doctor became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the door. The doc flung the door open and yelled to his nurse,

"Dammit, nurse!!! I said a BUTT LIGHT!!!"
07-07-2005 02:29 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

dynovinyl Wrote:Miller lite is bitter. I drank it for years because that was THE beer that everyone had. Then I tried Bud Light and it didn't have that taste. Then Eduardos (yes in DeKalb) showed me the light . . . Coors Light.

Of course, that was when I was younger. Now that I rearly drink beer, I shoot straight for the Blue Moon.

Blue Moon's my favorite, with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a close second.

"Less Filling!"
07-07-2005 02:39 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

Quote: Yes, but the commercials were classic. At NIU, it was generally Miller lite when I was there, but I can't drink the stuff now. Even MGD is a bit weak. 

Classic commercials. Miller Lite demonstrates the power of good marketing. People will drink the worst of beer if you market it well.

I did not like their decision to get rid of the retired sports stars (Billy Martin, John Madden, Mr. Butkis and Mr. Smith, etc), and get a trendy phrase ("It's it and that's that).

Now, at least, they've gone back to being funny again.

Here's a thread you can start on DemocraticUnderground.com.

Miller Lite is actually a part of a conspiracy, instigated by Karl Rove and the fundamentalist Christian right wing, to keep people from drinking beer, all together, which will lead to prohibition all over again. They do this by marketing horrible beer to young, inexperienced, and impressionable beer drinkers, giving them a bad image what a joy it is to drink a truly great beer. 04-cheers

The tragedy of it all, is that after drinking enough Miller Lite, an impressionable beginner may decide never to drink another beer, never even bothering to sample a good beer. Won't someone please think of the children! :crying: :crying: :crying:
07-07-2005 03:06 PM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

NIU007 Wrote:
dynovinyl Wrote:Miller lite is bitter.  I drank it for years because that was THE beer that everyone had.  Then I tried Bud Light and it didn't have that taste.  Then Eduardos (yes in DeKalb) showed me the light . . . Coors Light. 

"Less Filling!"
I love Blue Moon! Have you guys ever tried a Black n Blue? Ask for it the next time your in a bar!
07-07-2005 03:23 PM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Huskie_Jon Wrote:
Quote: Yes, but the commercials were classic. At NIU, it was generally Miller lite when I was there, but I can't drink the stuff now. Even MGD is a bit weak. 

Classic commercials. Miller Lite demonstrates the power of good marketing. People will drink the worst of beer if you market it well.

I did not like their decision to get rid of the retired sports stars (Billy Martin, John Madden, Mr. Butkis and Mr. Smith, etc), and get a trendy phrase ("It's it and that's that).

Now, at least, they've gone back to being funny again.

Here's a thread you can start on DemocraticUnderground.com.

Miller Lite is actually a part of a conspiracy, instigated by Karl Rove and the fundamentalist Christian right wing, to keep people from drinking beer, all together, which will lead to prohibition all over again. They do this by marketing horrible beer to young, inexperienced, and impressionable beer drinkers, giving them a bad image what a joy it is to drink a truly great beer. 04-cheers

The tragedy of it all, is that after drinking enough Miller Lite, an impressionable beginner may decide never to drink another beer, never even bothering to sample a good beer. Won't someone please think of the children! :crying: :crying: :crying:
HuskieJon,
That actually works. When my brother and I were teenagers, my father would buy the worst beer he could in order to keep us from drinking it. That beer was Old Milwaukee Light (Ouch!)
07-07-2005 03:27 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

Lukulos Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
dynovinyl Wrote:Miller lite is bitter.  I drank it for years because that was THE beer that everyone had.  Then I tried Bud Light and it didn't have that taste.  Then Eduardos (yes in DeKalb) showed me the light . . . Coors Light. 

"Less Filling!"
I love Blue Moon! Have you guys ever tried a Black n Blue? Ask for it the next time your in a bar!
Never had that one. Is it similar to Blue Moon? I'll have to make a special trip to the pub now to check it out. Darn.
07-07-2005 03:27 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

NIU007 Wrote:

"Less Filling!"
What is up with Blue Moon being everywhere - I am not a fan.

I love Anchor Steam from San Fran - a great amber beer.

I also love Red Stripe!
07-07-2005 03:33 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

NIU27 Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:

"Less Filling!"
What is up with Blue Moon being everywhere - I am not a fan.

I love Anchor Steam from San Fran - a great amber beer.

I also love Red Stripe!
For darker beers, I like Newcastle Brown Ale, though I haven't tried too many of the dark beers.

Anybody remember Red Wolf beer? Whatever happened to that one?
07-07-2005 03:37 PM
Ear of Corn Offline
2nd String

I Root For: sustinance

Lukulos Wrote:I love Blue Moon! Have you guys ever tried a Black n Blue? Ask for it the next time your in a bar!
Is that Guiness & Blue Moon? Doesn't sound too good to me. I'm with 27 on this one, not a fan.

I'll take an ice cold Bass, Red Seal or Sapporo any day.
07-07-2005 03:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.