Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gonzaga to play Ohio in Convo?
Bookmark and Share
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

From Bobcatattack.com ESPN's Andy Katz said that Ohio is one of a few schools that Gonzaga is talking too about filling an open date in this years hoops OOC schedule. Both Ohio and Gonzaga had teams backout of contracted games.
07-27-2005 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Makes sense to me.

Gonzaga wants to play tourney teams like Ohio.

Not small gym MAC schools drawing 2,500
07-28-2005 12:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

KitKat... who you callin' small gym MAC school?

I'd love to see tha Zags in the Convo, it's great for the whole conference. :wave:
07-28-2005 12:18 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

CountryRedHawk Wrote:KitKat... who you callin' small gym MAC school?
You know who you are.....
07-28-2005 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

Turns out that Washington refused to move its game with Gonzaga which conflicts with the Gonzaga at UMASS game. UMASS scheduled a Holiday tourneyment with other powers and a game with Boston College which cause the mess to happen prompting the game to be move once already.

This could be the break the MAC needs to get a top 25 team to come visit. Ohio also has Kentucky and Cincinnati in December plus a good Detroit team and a improved Rhode Island squad. The rest of the MAC would get a boost from Ohio's sos. Some concern on the Ohio board about the risk of playing 4 games vs Kentucky, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, and the bracketbuster. 4 L's vs 4 top 25 teams could make Ohio on the wrong side on the bubble and the selection commitee wouldn't take MAC team with more than 8 losses as an at-large. 22-4 in the other games plus getting to the MAC final would be a lot to ask. 22-8 still wouldn't guarantee an at-large......ask Buffalo or even the 1995 Ohio team that won the preseason Nit and was 23-9. Despite the risk, I think playing a home and home with a team like Gonzaga is something Ohio should do to build the program. Gonzaga would draw a whole lot more than Western Carolina...even in early December. Espn, 2 or U, or FSN Ohio would love to show this potential matchup.
07-28-2005 12:43 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If you put that together with other teams SOS in the MAC, and the MAC could be a powerhouse this year. Especially if Ohio continues to win, Miami continues to win, and the other teams continue to win, and beat top ranked teams. I personally loved the TCU game last year at Miami(The NIT fiasco.) That is the most animated I have seen Millett in a VERY long time. Well, other than the Kent blowout earlier in the year. I'd love to see TCU come back. The home openner last year at Miami was a packed game too. Purdue was a good openning game. I'd like to see a team like MSU, or Michigan or even the Hoosiers come to a MAC school. I doubt the Illini would, or OSU. Maybe Temple SHOULD leave the A-10... the MAC is moving on up!
07-28-2005 01:18 AM
Advertisement

thechuck_2112 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I hope this gets worked out for OU. I was looking forward to the schadenfreude of seeing Larry Hunter back in the Convo, but playing Gonzaga is a much better deal than playing a Kevin Martin-less WCU. Also, finally getting someone to play the Zags will be good for the whole conference.
07-28-2005 03:28 AM
thechuck_2112 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

CountryRedHawk Wrote:I personally loved the TCU game last year at Miami(The NIT fiasco.)  That is the most animated I have seen Millett in a VERY long time.  Well, other than the Kent blowout earlier in the year.  I'd love to see TCU come back.
Um...were you at either the Buffalo comeback or the Wichita State game? Both of those were considerably more animated than the TCU game, where the animation consisted mainly of the band and a group of fifteen or so MHTers. (Of course, I had just had surgery and was on some nifty painkillers at the time, so I may have a fuzzy memory of events. 03-wink )
07-28-2005 03:31 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The TCU game was the whole crowd, or at least that's the way it seemed to me from my band vantage point. I haven't seen the police have to HOLD back the crowd in Millett after a game. They were really trying to go after the refs!(It wasn't even TCU, it was the refs!) Oh, well, Sam Lickliter is back, so all hell just broke loose. 03-banghead :mad: :jet: :cuss: :cuss: :devil:
07-28-2005 03:46 AM
thechuck_2112 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Really? The police were holding the crowd back? I don't remember it being that bad, especially since there were like 1000 people there, but like I said, I had a lot of percocet in me at the time. I dunno. I just found the overall crowd atmosphere at both the WSU and Buffalo games (especially the Buffalo game) much more exciting.
07-28-2005 04:34 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

(The Buffalo game was one that I missed...I was not in the house.) It wasn't the whole crowd, and I swear there were more than 1000 people there. I swear there were, in fact more people than I thought were going to be there. The section at the end(with the Band) was almost full. I dunno, there were a few very excitin games last year, though I think the Convo might have beaten us... grrrr. We'll have to fix that next year! Percocet? I'm getting valium, and some other drug for my wisdom teeth... muahahaha.
07-28-2005 05:02 AM
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Kit-Cat Wrote:
CountryRedHawk Wrote:KitKat... who you callin' small gym MAC school?
You know who you are.....
Those out there that haven't won a MAC title in football for almost 40 years...

You know who you are. 03-razz

BTW,
That would be a great game to get signed.
07-28-2005 10:42 AM
msopher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Kit-Cat Wrote:Makes sense to me.

Yeah because we all know OU packs the Convo every night! :rofl:
07-28-2005 10:54 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Defintely nice game for the Bobcats and MAC.
07-28-2005 10:55 AM
GlassBowl9 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

BG has a hard time getting 2,500 to the gym, so it can't be them.
07-28-2005 01:17 PM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Indiana is coming to play at Ball State on New Year's Eve this year. A sellout crowd (11,500) is guaranteed.
07-28-2005 07:53 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

Teams like Gonzaga, Southern Illinois, Nevada, Western Kentucky, Creighton, Pacific, Hawaii, Utah State, St. Joseph's,Xavier, Dayton, and Temple are who the MAC should schedule home and homes. These are elite Mid-Majors which the MAC competes against for at-large bids and national headlines. The MAC is deeper than the conferences that those other mid-major elites play in. Yet, the MAC has a tougher time getting a team into the dance as an at-large and having a team climb the national rankings. The MAC needs to continue to beat the other mid-majors head to head.
07-28-2005 08:46 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

GlassBowl9 Wrote:

BG has a hard time getting 2,500 to the gym, so it can't be them.
Gotta admit. 03-lol
07-28-2005 09:02 PM
Phillystile Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UB, UMass

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Teams like Gonzaga, Southern Illinois, Nevada, Western Kentucky, Creighton, Pacific, Hawaii, Utah State, St. Joseph's,Xavier, Dayton, and Temple are who the MAC should schedule home and homes. These are elite Mid-Majors which the MAC competes against for at-large bids and national headlines. The MAC is deeper than the conferences that those other mid-major elites play in. Yet, the MAC has a tougher time getting a team into the dance as an at-large and having a team climb the national rankings. The MAC needs to continue to beat the other mid-majors head to head.
speaking of St. Joe's...after UB's visit there in the NIT this past year, there's a good possibility for a UB/Joe's series over the next few years.
07-28-2005 10:31 PM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Teams like Gonzaga, Southern Illinois, Nevada, Western Kentucky, Creighton, Pacific, Hawaii, Utah State, St. Joseph's,Xavier, Dayton, and Temple are who the MAC should schedule home and homes. These are elite Mid-Majors which the MAC competes against for at-large bids and national headlines. The MAC is deeper than the conferences that those other mid-major elites play in. Yet, the MAC has a tougher time getting a team into the dance as an at-large and having a team climb the national rankings. The MAC needs to continue to beat the other mid-majors head to head.
I agree. We have played SIU, Creighton and Hawaii for the Bracket buster, but it would be nice to schedule these teams otherwise. Ultimately, it would be nice to have some of the bigger teams have to play in our places. It was a fun atmosphere for the NIT and bracket buster games.

As for the MAC Center, it's not bad, but I would like something more like Ohio, Miami, BSU or Buffalo has. Our AD has said he likes what we have, so no chance of that happening soon.
07-28-2005 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.