Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Landmine games for NCAA teams
Bookmark and Share
connerito Offline
1st String

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Preview/landmines.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Pr...w/landmines.htm</a>
08-04-2005 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Quote:Why? CMU can't stop Army ground game

03-confused

1) Army is rebuilding it's OL.

2) CMU allowed 170 yd/game on the ground last season after allowing over 230/game in 2003. With increased size, depth, and experience, I would expect our run defense to be solid this season. It's the pass defense that needs serious work.

3) I'm not sure a team that didn't win on the road last season (CMU) should have a road game be considered a land mine.
08-04-2005 11:25 AM
Shrakk Offline
I bleed midnight blue

I Root For: Toledo Rockets!

Quote: It's easy to be jazzed for the big rival or the top five team, but college kids can't remain focused enough to play razor sharp one week, and then maintain the same high level again the next week for the also-ran.
Quote: Cincinnati - at Miami University
Why? MU might be MAC, but its still a nasty team

I wish they'd do their homework just once. Isn't that a rivalry game?
08-04-2005 11:27 AM
skeeter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Shrakkrocket Wrote:

Oldest rivalry west of the Alleghanies... I believe the 2005 meeting is #110 between the two schools.
08-04-2005 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

Shrakkrocket Wrote:
Quote: It's easy to be jazzed for the big rival or the top five team, but college kids can't remain focused enough to play razor sharp one week, and then maintain the same high level again the next week for the also-ran.

I'm more offended by the comment I bolded than their rivalry game slip up.

CFN continues its tradition of non-effort.
08-04-2005 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

BGSUalum1987 Wrote:
Shrakkrocket Wrote:

I'm more offended by the comment I bolded than their rivalry game slip up.

CFN continues its tradition of non-effort.
Not to mention they chose the 70-16 blowout of Temple as BGSU's landmine game last year. Nice call!!

Just look at their records in these games...they only had a winning record in 2 of the conferences I think and in one they went 0-8.
08-04-2005 02:25 PM
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

RWT:

Well, I was raising plenty of red flags before the Temple game, although most of them had to do with the Falcons coming off a big loss.
08-04-2005 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.