Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

After watching Pitt and Kent
Bookmark and Share
AzulDos Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

what is the difference between MAC, PITT (My other squad) and Hawaii and the "Big" BCS teams...thier O lines are 100% Angus, other teams are are McDonald 50% beef 50% soy....The gimmick offenses of Urban Meyers, Pass happy gunslinging, Walt harris Pass happy, Run & Shoot etc. will keep you in some games...the MAC (Pitt) have as much skill as anyone out there, This is why the MAC has gotten better speed is found even in the Sun belt....After watching ND beef push around my PITT's freshman and career backups its going to take Wannstadt some time....especially since he is a meat and potatoes run man, we relied on the Walt gimmick O to win games, with no beef Wanny is going to struggle, I hope all of our verbals become signed committs in February...the Wisconsins, USC etc don't neccesarily have faster players but when it comes down to it they chew off 6 yards a pop and give the QB time to shower shave and shampoo vs. "Lesser" competition and it generally eradicates any offensive progress by the teams we root for even if they are scoring big...Unless you get lucky sometimes and develop monsters on the O-line (Like Toledo has had on past teams with big ,strong O lines) this weekend will be the pattern forever... :rolleyes:
09-06-2005 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tomznj Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

AzulDos Wrote:what is the difference between MAC, PITT (My other squad) and Hawaii and the "Big" BCS teams...thier O lines are 100% Angus, other teams are are McDonald 50% beef 50% soy....The gimmick offenses of Urban Meyers, Pass happy gunslinging, Walt harris Pass happy, Run & Shoot etc. will keep you in some games...the MAC (Pitt) have as much skill as anyone out there, This is why the MAC has gotten better speed is found even in the Sun belt....After watching ND beef push around my PITT's freshman and career backups its going to take Wannstadt some time....especially since he is a meat and potatoes run man, we relied on the Walt gimmick O to win games, with no beef Wanny is going to struggle, I hope all of our verbals become signed committs in February...the Wisconsins, USC etc don't neccesarily have faster players but when it comes down to it they chew off 6 yards a pop and give the QB time to shower shave and shampoo vs. "Lesser" competition and it generally eradicates any offensive progress by the teams we root for even if they are scoring big...Unless you get lucky sometimes and develop monsters on the O-line (Like Toledo has had on past teams with big ,strong O lines) this weekend will be the pattern forever... :rolleyes:
I kinda agree, but after watching Fla. St. & Miami, I think it's still angus plus lotsa, & lotsa speeed..
09-06-2005 11:19 AM
AzulDos Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

:) Yeah Speed (not advocating drug use) does make the Angus better...USC, Miami and a few others are the true elites...with a mix of both
09-06-2005 11:39 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

AzulDos Wrote:what is the difference between MAC, PITT (My other squad) and Hawaii and the "Big" BCS teams...thier O lines are 100% Angus, other teams are are McDonald 50% beef 50% soy....The gimmick offenses of Urban Meyers, Pass happy gunslinging, Walt harris Pass happy, Run & Shoot etc. will keep you in some games...the MAC (Pitt) have as much skill as anyone out there, This is why the MAC has gotten better speed is found even in the Sun belt....After watching ND beef push around my PITT's freshman and career backups its going to take Wannstadt some time....especially since he is a meat and potatoes run man, we relied on the Walt gimmick O to win games, with no beef Wanny is going to struggle, I hope all of our verbals become signed committs in February...the Wisconsins, USC etc don't neccesarily have faster players but when it comes down to it they chew off 6 yards a pop and give the QB time to shower shave and shampoo vs. "Lesser" competition and it generally eradicates any offensive progress by the teams we root for even if they are scoring big...Unless you get lucky sometimes and develop monsters on the O-line (Like Toledo has had on past teams with big ,strong O lines) this weekend will be the pattern forever... :rolleyes:
Please don't include my NIU Huskies' Oline in your "soy" grouping. :wave:
09-06-2005 12:18 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Not to dispute my fellow Flash, but comparing the recruiting woes of Pitt and Kent State is a specious argument. Plus, didn't hear the crying about gimmick plays when the Panthers beat the Irish at ND last year.

What we watched Saturday night was Pitt napping...opening at home, I believe Hall of Fame night, sell out crowd, playing a team they thought they could walk over. This attitude is how MAC teams usually win...nice to see the Domers copy us. 04-rock

The other point I'll make is about coaching. Charlie Weis is about smashmouth football with the rings to show it. After watching him for miserable years in Chicago, Dave Whinny is about next day excuses. If he wins at Pitt, it's the first place he's consistently won as HC.
09-06-2005 08:15 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

If Pitt couldn't get up for Notre Dame on ABC prime time, they won't be for Ohio. I will bet the Bobcats will be jacked up for this game. Players, fans, coaches, and alumni have had this game circled since Solich was hired. Pitt is in a must win situation Friday. Wannstadt can't lose this game. Nobody gives Ohio a chance. Bobcats are again a 14 pt underdog. Pitt won 21-3 last year vs Ohio.
09-06-2005 09:00 PM
AzulDos Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

FlashFan Wrote:"Not to dispute my fellow Flash, but comparing the recruiting woes of Pitt and Kent State is a specious argument. Plus, didn't hear the crying about gimmick plays when the Panthers beat the Irish at ND last year.

What we watched Saturday night was Pitt napping...opening at home, I believe Hall of Fame night, sell out crowd, playing a team they thought they could walk over. This attitude is how MAC teams usually win...nice to see the Domers copy us. 04-rock

The other point I'll make is about coaching. Charlie Weis is about smashmouth football with the rings to show it. After watching him for miserable years in Chicago, Dave Whinny is about next day excuses. If he wins at Pitt, it's the first place he's consistently won as HC."

FlashFan...I do agree and think I am saying similar things brother, Yes Pitt is in better shape and thier are different recruiting dynamics between Kent and Pitt....I readily admit and said in my post Walt Harris was a "Gimmick" offense, and that is how wwe have won...When I say gimmick it is not to put down these innovations but realistically they give teams with lesser talent overall a better chance to win...I believe Pitt players caoch included read too much press like two years ago...again when you have backups and 4 true freshman playing against veterans you normally will get pushed around...Whether you look past an opponent or not...Dave and Charlie are about Smashmouth football...Notre Dame has mre in the trenches right now to make it work...Watching the press conference I think Wannstadt was truthful in they were overconfident and young...I also want to go through the season to see how upstanding he will be throught the victories and losses and I hope he is not full of excuses...The misses has been sick, but is getting better if not for that I would have gone up to Dix to see Kent Roll :)
"Not to dispute my fellow Flash, but comparing the recruiting woes of Pitt and Kent State is a specious argument. Plus, didn't hear the crying about gimmick plays when the Panthers beat the Irish at ND last year.

The other point I'll make is about coaching. Charlie Weis is about smashmouth football with the rings to show it. After watching him for miserable years in Chicago, Dave Whinny is about next day excuses. If he wins at Pitt, it's the first place he's consistently won as HC."

FlashFan...I do agree and think I am saying similar things brother, Yes Pitt is in better shape and thier are different recruiting dynamics between Kent and Pitt....I readily admit and said in my post Walt Harris was a "Gimmick" offense, and that is how wwe have won...When I say gimmick it is not to put down these innovations but realistically they give teams with lesser talent overall a better chance to win...I believe Pitt players caoch included read too much press like two years ago...again when you have backups and 4 true freshman playing against veterans you normally will get pushed around...Whether you look past an opponent or not...Dave and Charlie are about Smashmouth football...Notre Dame has mre in the trenches right now to make it work...Watching the press conference I think Wannstadt was truthful in they were overconfident and young...I also want to go through the season to see how upstanding he will be throught the victories and losses and I hope he is not full of excuses...The misses has been sick, but is getting better if not for that I would have gone up to Dix to see Kent Roll :)
09-08-2005 09:54 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Being a Dolphins/Lions and living about 20 mins. from Dolphin Stadium,I've had plenty of Dave W. Nice guy,players like him;he doesn't get the job done. He and Rick Spielman brought the Dolphin Organization to an all-time low point.I think he has a great incoming recruiting class,except for the QB he has sign from N.Broward Prep.Very overrated.Weis, on the other hand,can dissect a defense.
He is the real deal.It's no wonder ND blew out Pitt.Pitt should dump OU.Pitt 33 OU 17.
09-08-2005 10:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.