Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Talk
Bookmark and Share
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Anyone else here really scared that if Tenn Tech puts up something like 28 points on our D their confidence is gone? For as bad a team as Tenn Tech is we need this for confidence, and in front of the home crowd we don't need a lot of mistakes! This years bunch of student fans are already a little bit fiesty with the way we have lost the past 2 games, some mistakes could even bring out the Boo birds if the game isn't put away early.

For as early a game and as bad as Tenn Tech is, this is a very important game. A tuneup before MAC season.
09-16-2005 10:10 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox

crazywilly Wrote:Anyone else here really scared that if Tenn Tech puts up something like 28 points on our D their confidence is gone? For as bad a team as Tenn Tech is we need this for confidence, and in front of the home crowd we don't need a lot of mistakes! This years bunch of student fans are already a little bit fiesty with the way we have lost the past 2 games, some mistakes could even bring out the Boo birds if the game isn't put away early.

For as early a game and as bad as Tenn Tech is, this is a very important game. A tuneup before MAC season.
As long as we don't give up big bombs like 2 years ago vs. TT I think we'll be fine. And those bombs were against better DBs like Drew & Grant & Hickenbottom.......
09-16-2005 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

My shiny nickel says NIU's defense gets well with this game.
09-16-2005 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Nothing would surprise me. We have really struggled agains 1AA programs in the past and then gone on to have great seasons. We could struggle this weekend or we could "find ourselves" and blow TT out.

My guess is that this team really wants to prove something to themselves and that they will have a good game this weekend.
09-16-2005 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiesRule73 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern

I would like to see a big win in order that we can get a glimpse of the young talent we have on roster.

I was pleased to watch #20 Montrell Clayton FLY down the field @ NU on the ko coverage... Want to see him run w/ ball a few times...

#30 Brad Pruitt looks studly in warm ups...Would like to see how good he is...
The QB's obviously.... Britt or Dan....And some of those redshirt freshmen lineman ....

Would love to see some sacks and believe we will..

GO HUSKIE!!!!!!!
09-16-2005 11:01 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'd like to see Cas Prime. I'd also like to see the 2 freshman corners in extended playing time.

I agree with all the others you want to see too. Get a glimpse of the future.
09-16-2005 11:05 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox

crazywilly Wrote:I'd like to see Cas Prime. I'd also like to see the 2 freshman corners in extended playing time.

cas prime + britt davis = the option connection
09-16-2005 11:05 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

NIU 42
Tennessee Tech 38

Da Huskies !
09-16-2005 11:35 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU

niu85alum Wrote:NIU 42
Tennessee Tech 38

Da Huskies !
If this is the final score, NIU is in for a long season.

Also, I don't know that TT falls into this category but the top D1AA schools get a lot of transfers from D1A schools. SIU had the back up at Auburn. Freddie Parrish from ND just transfered to a 1AA school.
09-16-2005 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

BGSUalum1987 Wrote:My shiny nickel says NIU's defense gets well with this game.
Didn't you also predict that we would win handily at Northwestern? I was looking forward to tomorrow, but now I'm getting worried! :crying: 03-wink
09-16-2005 01:25 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

klake87 Wrote:
Tennessee Tech 38

Da Huskies !

Also, I don't know that TT falls into this category but the top D1AA schools get a lot of transfers from D1A schools. SIU had the back up at Auburn. Freddie Parrish from ND just transfered to a 1AA school.
T Tech's QB was a pretty good high school QB. i think he was recruited by some D1 schools, i am not sure why he is at tenn tech.
09-16-2005 02:17 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

crazywilly Wrote:
klake87 Wrote:
Tennessee Tech 38

Da Huskies !

T Tech's QB was a pretty good high school QB. i think he was recruited by some D1 schools, i am not sure why he is at tenn tech.
My point is that some of the top D1AA schools have a lot of talent. Some players do not want to sit out a year when they transfer. They can go to D1AA and play right away. Also, They get to play against D1A schools and showcase their ability to the pros.

A lot of these athletes were never given a chance and turn out to be better players than the players they played behind at the D1A schools.

I am always concerned when we play D1AA schools because of this. You always have to look at who transfered in to the school.
09-16-2005 02:25 PM
Doggone Offline
1st String

crazywilly Wrote:T Tech's QB was a pretty good high school QB. i think he was recruited by some D1 schools, i am not sure why he is at tenn tech.
I read where their QB transfered in from Middle Tennessee State.
09-16-2005 02:27 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Doggone Wrote:
crazywilly Wrote:T Tech's QB was a pretty good high school QB.  i think he was recruited by some D1 schools, i am not sure why he is at tenn tech.
I read where their QB transfered in from Middle Tennessee State.
Whulp that explains it. He did go D1.
09-16-2005 03:39 PM
Rock Bottom Offline
All American

I Root For:

crazywilly Wrote:I'd like to see Cas Prime. I'd also like to see the 2 freshman corners in extended playing time.

Anyone know why Prime didn't play? If he can't get in this game I guess he isn't going to be playing at all this year. Is he not all he was cracked up to be?
09-18-2005 02:00 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

Someone said that they still might be concerned about playing him.

I don't know how accurate that is, but does anyone know how his recovery has gone? I thought he'd be back by now.
09-18-2005 08:19 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

dynovinyl Wrote:Someone said that they still might be concerned about playing him.

I don't know how accurate that is, but does anyone know how his recovery has gone? I thought he'd be back by now.
A knee injury is tough to be fully back from after one year, so that may be the case. That and that we have Garrett, AJ, then Adrian and Montell before we get to Cas. Next year AJ and Adrian will be gone, so I'd suspect he'll be higher on the depth chart by default.
09-18-2005 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.