Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Practice facility vs Circus Tent.
Bookmark and Share
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

This is a $25 million indoor football practice facility.

<a href='http://www.wmubroncos.com//pics22/640/SQ/SQERIBRCNJILZLF.20050519152936.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.wmubroncos.com//pics22/640/SQ/S...50519152936.jpg</a>

This is a $5 million circus tent….or maybe a revival tent. 03-lol

<a href='http://dailymail.com/images/MUbuild0913.jpg' target='_blank'>http://dailymail.com/images/MUbuild0913.jpg</a>
09-19-2005 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers

I didn't want to do this because I'm not into flamimg , have a question ,
how long has WMU had their IPF ?
09-19-2005 04:11 PM
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

Never mind answering , I'm not going to do it , but the athletic center there
at Waldo looks and sounds nice by what I read and seen on the WMU
web site ..
09-19-2005 04:17 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

03-lol

Ooops! Clean out those ears.
They asked for "Big Time Facilities" not "Big Top Facilities". :D
09-19-2005 04:53 PM
Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators

To be fair, from what I hear and have seen elsewhere, WMU has the nicest indoor facility in the MAC right now. Marshall's may be cheaper but it looks like it will get the job done. Plus, I'd have to see it in person, but I think that looks nice. I know that you are referring to it as a tent, but does anyone know what the construction of it is (the architecture)?
09-19-2005 04:59 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

Roudebush Rocket Wrote:I know that you are referring to it as a tent, but does anyone know what the construction of it is (the architecture)?
What type of construction?
I don't know for sure, but it looks to me to be cartoon. 03-razz
09-19-2005 05:04 PM
Advertisement

SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

If it matters the Dallas Cowboys and one other NFL team have the same sort of
facility , for me if it gets the job done then what does it matter how much it cost ...
09-19-2005 05:35 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

SAHerdFan Wrote:If it matters the Dallas Cowboys and one other NFL team have the same sort of
facility , for me if it gets the job done then what does it matter how much it cost ...
You are right, I have seen the Dallas facilities. They are very similar.
09-19-2005 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flashy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

WMU's facility is not even 100 yards inside - lot of money - nice looking - but not functional
09-20-2005 08:03 AM
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Hey Flashy, it is extremely functional. You can actually practice punting and punt coverage, unlike some pole barns where the ball bounces off the ceiling.
09-20-2005 09:09 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

MU's looks great, and NIU would love to have it right now. I do not understand $25m for a facility like this. The other $20m could have lots of other uses.
09-20-2005 10:01 AM
Advertisement

bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

HuskieJ Wrote:MU's looks great, and NIU would love to have it right now. I do not understand $25m for a facility like this. The other $20m could have lots of other uses.
It’s "MORE" than just a indoor football field. It has corporate boxes with televisions, indoor seats, and cantilevered outdoor seats. It also has offices, exercise rooms, and more……

If you actually saw it, and took a tour, you would understand.
09-20-2005 11:51 AM
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

And best of all it is all brick, steel, and glass; and does not look like a pole barn or circus tent. :D
09-20-2005 11:56 AM
westernwilly Offline
All American

bronco67 Wrote:
HuskieJ Wrote:MU's looks great, and NIU would love to have it right now.&nbsp; I do not understand $25m for a facility like this.&nbsp; The other $20m could have lots of other uses.
It’s "MORE" than just a indoor football field. It has corporate boxes with televisions, indoor seats, and cantilevered outdoor seats. It also has offices, exercise rooms, and more……

If you actually saw it, and took a tour, you would understand.
Yea! It comes fully loaded with coffee makers, a toaster, and condom machines in ever restroom.

Actually Bronco67 is right, it is very nice. Aside from everything that he has mentioned, it has the style with function. Kalamazoo has a nationally recognized, thriving and revitalized downtown and Western and the community were not going to settle for some minimalist metal shed to serve as a functional eyesore. We have learned the leasons of the 60s and 70s, build it beautiful and build it to last.
09-20-2005 12:09 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

All of which begs the question: When are y'all planning to get a football team to use the place?
09-20-2005 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

DevilGrad Wrote:All of which begs the question:&nbsp; When are y'all planning to get a football team to use the place?
Soon! 2006 Broncos will be competitive. In 2007 Broncos win it all, and Foreskins can watch the Broncos in the MCG like they did in 1999 & 2000. :D
09-20-2005 02:20 PM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

bronco67 Wrote:This is a $25 million indoor football practice facility.

<a href='http://www.wmubroncos.com//pics22/640/SQ/SQERIBRCNJILZLF.20050519152936.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.wmubroncos.com//pics22/640/SQ/S...50519152936.jpg</a>

This is a $5 million circus tent….or maybe a revival tent. 03-lol

<a href='http://dailymail.com/images/MUbuild0913.jpg' target='_blank'>http://dailymail.com/images/MUbuild0913.jpg</a>
Obviously by the way you chumps play football its a $25 million waste of money.
:ownd:
09-20-2005 04:14 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

DevilGrad Wrote:All of which begs the question: When are y'all planning to get a football team to use the place?
:rofl:
:ownd:
09-20-2005 04:16 PM
Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators

bronco67 Wrote:It’s "MORE" than just a indoor football field. It has corporate boxes with televisions, indoor seats, and cantilevered outdoor seats. It also has offices, exercise rooms, and more……
There is no doubt in my mind that WMU's IPF is really nice. After reading this, my first thought was "who would place corporate suites in a practice facility?" but then I read the cantilevered outdoor seating part and I assume that the corporate suites are for the outdoor football field?

If that is the case, why are the luxury suites in the end zone? Am I wrong about something in my interpretation? Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me.
09-20-2005 06:16 PM
bleedgreen03 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

bronco67 Wrote:
DevilGrad Wrote:All of which begs the question:  When are y'all planning to get a football team to use the place?
Soon! 2006 Broncos will be competitive. In 2007 Broncos win it all, and Foreskins can watch the Broncos in the MCG like they did in 1999 & 2000. :D
And who won those championships?............
09-20-2005 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.