Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What I learned last night
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
What I learned last night
I DVR'd the replay of the ECU @ UAB game on CSTV and watched it last night. After watching the game I realized that I should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever base my judgement of the team's performance solely on comments made on the ScoreBoard at the 'yard.

Before I watched it, I really excepted to see something that resembled JT's debut against SingSingnatti. What I actually saw was an ECU team that's got some issues, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Two things that really disturbed me:

- The play of the secondary, particularly their tackling. Dunno why the diving arm tackle from the JT days is back, but it needs to go away. Also, are UAB's receivers good enough to warrant the 5-10 yard cushion they got all night?

- Redzone offense - eesh. Ain't we got a big mamma jamma somewhere we can just hand the ball to inside the five and let him fall down?

JP had a bad night, but we were playing in Alabama.

Outside of those two things, I thought we played a fairly solid game.

Enough looking back, I reckon. I'm sticking with the prediction I made over at NCAAPalace - The Pirates will come out mad, put a complete game together against Memphis and win in convincing fashion.
09-14-2006 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

I take it you didn't see it live.

Anywho I agree with you

But I think our offense will need to go 4 wide and pass out of hte shotgun (b/c OL can't stop anyone yet) then once they fear the pass use some run plays. I mean Devon Drew(sp?), Aundre Allison, Bobby Good, Kevin Roach, ect... can all catch and make big plays...that is where we need to go.... then let our RBs run it... or use some dump passes to them if we can't get hte straight old hand offs.

I didn't think the D looked to bad against UAB.. I guess the receiver cushion was more they thought UAB receivers were not that good so they gave the cushion... but who knows. THe d scored some nice turnovers so...

BEAT MEMPHIS
09-14-2006 11:14 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:I take it you didn't see it live.

Uh...no. All-Access doesn't work for me for some reason and CSTV is absolutely useless with tech support. Plus 850am pre-empted our game to air OSU/Texas (I vented here). However, a Pirate in my office who lives roughly the same distance from Greenville as I do, informed me that the OTA signal for WITN comes in pretty good with a decent antenna.

Quote:But I think our offense will need to go 4 wide and pass out of hte shotgun

As long as we don't run out of the shotgun.

I really, truly believe that the problem with our run game doesn't rest solely on the OL. CJ just does not hit the hole when he should. Lanes don't stay open very long, but they were there against UAB. Instead of blasting into the hole, he danced in the backfield. By the time he was going forward there was nowhere left to run. If you have the ability, watch a CJ run and a Lindsay or Fractious (hip carry and all) run back-to-back. The difference is incredible. Lindsay and Fractious scream into the hole.
09-14-2006 12:11 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Lethemeul Wrote:
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:I take it you didn't see it live.

Uh...no. All-Access doesn't work for me for some reason and CSTV is absolutely useless with tech support. Plus 850am pre-empted our game to air OSU/Texas (I vented here). However, a Pirate in my office who lives roughly the same distance from Greenville as I do, informed me that the OTA signal for WITN comes in pretty good with a decent antenna.

Quote:But I think our offense will need to go 4 wide and pass out of hte shotgun

As long as we don't run out of the shotgun.

I really, truly believe that the problem with our run game doesn't rest solely on the OL. CJ just does not hit the hole when he should. Lanes don't stay open very long, but they were there against UAB. Instead of blasting into the hole, he danced in the backfield. By the time he was going forward there was nowhere left to run. If you have the ability, watch a CJ run and a Lindsay or Fractious (hip carry and all) run back-to-back. The difference is incredible. Lindsay and Fractious scream into the hole.

The Talking heads are saying thast w/o good OL support that the RBS can't get a hole to run through.... they have to push to the edge to get around. YOu might have to do I or Power I to get our rung game going...but hte talking heads are saying OL is not prtoecting good enough for us to accomplish a good run game.
09-14-2006 12:18 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:The ralking heads are saying thast w/o good OL support that the RBS can't get a hole to run through.... they have to push to the edge to get around. YOu might have to do I or Power I to get our rung game going...but hte talking heads are saying OL is not prtoecting good enough for us to accomplish a good run game.

Just saying what I see. Watch CJ - step left, step right, then go forward.

There were holes. They weren't 20 yd gain holes, but they were there.

Who are the talking heads?
09-14-2006 12:29 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Lethemeul Wrote:Who are the talking heads?

[Image: 1235636_0719e9ddfc.jpg]

But he said ralking heads, and I have no idea who they are.
09-14-2006 12:31 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

I Root For: East Carolina

Quote:But he said ralking heads, and I have no idea who they are.

lmfao
09-14-2006 12:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

GrayBeard Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:Who are the talking heads?

[Image: 1235636_0719e9ddfc.jpg]

But he said ralking heads, and I have no idea who they are.

lmfao

Good theme song for our running game, too...
09-14-2006 12:36 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

If you look past this game it could get out of hand quickly. The tigers have yet to get all three parts of their team together in one game but have still put some big numbers up. They are deeper at receiver than any team in the CUSA and have a QB that has the potential to be one of the best ever in the league. This game will hinge on ECU's ability to run the ball and which rush defense shows up for the Tigers.
09-15-2006 11:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

ncrdbl1 Wrote:If you look past this game it could get out of hand quickly. The tigers have yet to get all three parts of their team together in one game but have still put some big numbers up. They are deeper at receiver than any team in the CUSA and have a QB that has the potential to be one of the best ever in the league. This game will hinge on ECU's ability to run the ball and which rush defense shows up for the Tigers.

Our teams maybe fairly similar. We have a load of talented wide receivers, but after that, we tend to be Jeckyl and Hyde (more Hyde).

Here's to a good game with the victorious Pirates.
09-15-2006 11:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.