Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rob Jay makes an arse of himself....
Bookmark and Share
USMFAN#1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Rob Jay makes an arse of himself....
Here you go.....

As some Golden Eagle Fans have heard, Rob Jay, Sports Director of WLBT while doing a segment called "In The Trenches" on Sunday September 10th, made a an unflattering statement about Southern Mississippi.

Jay and Scott Vlahon were discussing who was the best football player in Mississippi. Vlahon stated Damion Fletcher turned in the best performance and Jay responded who is he? Vlahon stated to the effect Jay must not pay any attention to Southern Miss Athletics and Jay responded "Does anybody?"

This has upset some Golden Eagle fans basically shoring up the idea that WLBT has not and never will give Southern Miss coverage from their television station.

Eagletalk.net emailed Jay to get his side of the story and he responded with the following email and apology.

Don,

This is a lot of talk about nothing really. The segment was called, "In The Trenches" where 2 guys just talk about football or whatever. Scott Vlahon and I were discussing who was the best football player in the state of Mississippi up to this point. He was dogging my JSU choice and I was dogging his USM choice. There was no malice from me about USM. It was all in fun. The reason I said it was because I thought he would come back and say something about me or JSU. I certainly didn't mean to cause a stir about this, I have dogged JSU over the past 3 years much worse than saying, "does anybody" about USM. I have to remember how sensitive fans are when it comes to their schools. Again there was no harm meant and I apologize to USM and their fans for upsetting them.

Rob Jay
WLBT Sports
09-14-2006 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NastyBunch33 Offline
To The Top

I Root For: Southern Miss

I've already sent Mr. Jay a pleasant e-mail about his ignorant comments on WLBT, and I've yet to hear back from him. Granted he did apologize on air, it was dumb of him to even say something like that on live television.
09-14-2006 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigBigCat
Unregistered

Glad to see he apologized - he needed to - but just an ounce of forethought could have saved him from this dilemma.
09-14-2006 08:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.