Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

whos_your_dawgy
Bookmark and Share
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Hey, I meant to ask you this sooner, but forgot. I saw where you mentioned 102.9 the buzz(radio station), on another forum a while back. That was my favorite station when I lived in Nashville, we just recently moved to Jackson, MS. Nashville is my hometown and I was just wondering how you knew about them, if you did some occasional work up there, or something. I looked in your profile and couldn't find anything in regards to Nashville, plus it says your from Huntsville. Just curious.
10MAN
09-24-2002 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

whos_your_dawgy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm originally from Tullahoma, TN. I used to listen to 103.3 KDF (Big Dave and the Duke ruled!)back when they were a rock station and then The Buzz when they switched over to rock. After high school I got my BS at MSU, and now I'm in Huntsville working on my MS. We get The Buzz on 100.7 in Huntsville, so I still listen to it quite often.

Did you go to high school in Nashville? If so, which school?
09-24-2002 10:27 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I remember Big Dave and the Duke well, as well as 103 KDF. They were the premier rock station for years growing up there.
I went to David Lipscomb('90) and remember Tullahoma well. I played baseball for DLHS all four years, and we had to play Tullahoma a lot, and I hated it. They had some pitcher that threw 90-92 mph, and he was tough to hit. Not to mention, Tullahoma was tough all-around. They beat us my senior year in the District Championship and went on to play in State. Can't remember that pitcher's name, but I think he graduated the same year I did. I remember talking to him in between one of our double-headers, telling him to lighten up on us. He was a cool guy. He may have went on to play ball somewhere, he should've anyway. Can't remember his name for the life of me, but I'm gonna break out some of my old baseball clippings and see if I can find it.
Did you go to THS?
09-24-2002 10:38 AM
Advertisement

whos_your_dawgy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Yep, THS Class of '96.
09-24-2002 10:40 AM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by whos_your_dawgy:
I'm originally from Tullahoma, TN. I used to listen to 103.3 KDF (Big Dave and the Duke ruled!)back when they were a rock station and then The Buzz when they switched over to rock. After high school I got my BS at MSU, and now I'm in Huntsville working on my MS. We get The Buzz on 100.7 in Huntsville, so I still listen to it quite often.

Did you go to high school in Nashville? If so, which school?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One of my ex-girlfriends from Ole Miss was from Nashville and we used to go up and see her folks a lot. Man, I loved 103 KDF back then. It was such a well programmed station. Although, they are making moves in the ratings as a country station as Music City 103 now. They have S-I-X and WSM running scared. That's just the radio geek in me coming out.

WR
09-24-2002 03:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.