Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Corey Rouse
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Corey Rouse
FYI. The German league (in the past) has been rather weak, but with France and some other traditionally attractive countries not paying what they should (not to mention that mess with Israel and Lebanon), Germany is landing some big names for the season and improving its overall stature in European basketball. This is a good starting job for him, IMO.

Rouse makes Nuernbergs roster complete - Aug. 7, 2006 - by Moritz Korff
The SELLBYTEL Baskets Nuernberg (1. Bundesliga) inked Corey Rouse (203-F-84, college: E.Carolina) for the 2006-2007 season. Rouse, a 22-year-old forward from Kinston, North Carolina, averaged 14.3 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.4 apg and 1.1 bpg for the East Carolina University during his senior-year, while being named to the All-C-USA 2nd Team.
(Source: http://www.sellbytel-baskets.de)
08-07-2006 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

does he play agaisnt your husband?
08-07-2006 12:03 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I don't know. We are still talking to teams-- Germany, Italy and Spain, along with a Cup team in Bulgaria (or something like that). The World Championships are pushing back signings in a lot of leagues.
08-07-2006 01:11 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Good to hear the Corey is going to continue on. Another hometown boy in the Pros.

Thanks for the update. Where does your husband want to play?
08-07-2006 02:03 PM
Advertisement

TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

He wants to play where he gets paid... well, that and the best leagues. First choice is always Spain. They have the best league and pay well. After that, we're always willing to go anywhere (well, other than unsafe countries like Israel this year). We might be going to Frankfurt (traditioanally good, sucked last season and now has a new coach and team), but we try to remain open until the contract is signed. :)
08-07-2006 02:12 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators

Thanks for the news, and good luck with the contract search.
08-07-2006 04:50 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

TUfan Wrote:He wants to play where he gets paid... well, that and the best leagues. First choice is always Spain. They have the best league and pay well. After that, we're always willing to go anywhere (well, other than unsafe countries like Israel this year). We might be going to Frankfurt (traditioanally good, sucked last season and now has a new coach and team), but we try to remain open until the contract is signed. :)

Are the contracts one year only?
08-07-2006 06:25 PM
Advertisement

TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Most players, especially young players, sign one year contracts. It's easier to move up that way. A 2 year contract isn't bad if there is a buyout while you are still young (or a newer pro)... as you age (4-5 years pro especially), 2-3 year contracts become more appealing.
08-07-2006 07:38 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

Any one know how are these divisions set up?? If this is the highest level of professional ball in Germany?

I know a guy that played in Europe, I looked him up one day on the internet and he was averaging 25 points a game, but from what I understood the league he was in was Division 3??? I have no clue what that means. They guy is good but I assume it was a lower level of pro ball there.
08-12-2006 10:39 AM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

StillJonesing Wrote:Any one know how are these divisions set up?? If this is the highest level of professional ball in Germany?

I know a guy that played in Europe, I looked him up one day on the internet and he was averaging 25 points a game, but from what I understood the league he was in was Division 3??? I have no clue what that means. They guy is good but I assume it was a lower level of pro ball there.

This is German's top division of professional basketball. The team he is on is very young (mostly 1st year pros for the Americans) and in 2005 finished #1 in Bund 2, which allowed them to move up to Bund I for the 05-06 season, where they finished 15th.

Most countries are set up in divisions-- top divisions have the most money (usually) and the best teams. As you move down divisions, the quality of the basketball also tends to drop, but the top teams in the second division (in some countries) are good enough to beat the bottom teams in the first division. In most countries, the bottom teams (2-6 depending on country) move to division II after the end of their season, while the top teams of DII get to move to DI.

Different countries call their top leagues different things-- in France Pro A, Spain ACB, Germany Bund. 1.

Oh yeah-- it's not always comparable across countries either. For example, Spain's second division (LEB) is generally considered better than the first divisions of places like Belgium and Switzerland.

Umm... what else would you like to know? I can probably answer just about anything, except what Mr. Rouse is making. LOL!
08-15-2006 08:11 AM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

TUfan Wrote:Umm... what else would you like to know? I can probably answer just about anything, except what Mr. Rouse is making. LOL!

Thanks for the info BTW.

What is the pay scale in Europe the top guys pulling and league minimums?? Curious about that if you know, and how that breaks down to the lower divisions.
08-18-2006 07:45 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

StillJonesing Wrote:What is the pay scale in Europe the top guys pulling and league minimums?? Curious about that if you know, and how that breaks down to the lower divisions.

The pay scale varies. For example, a player that was in Israel for the past few years took a pay cut to go to the NBA (his NBA contract was about $1million/year). Top names can demand top dollar-- El Amin (former UConn guard) turned down around $750K for Besitas in Turkey to get around $1.1 Million in the Ukraine. Joseph Blair made around $1 million in Turkey, but went to Italy for a meesly $750K. There are guys in Spain whose buyout is so big that even though they have been drafted, the NBA team leaves the player in Europe to finish his contract. Really, it all depends. Those are only the players I know... there are more out there making a lot-- to the point where it is not worth it to go to the NBA after a few years of being in Europe.

I don't know any country's league minimum, because we've never gotten that little of money. I do know that the top teams in most countries can pay a lot.

Spain is a good payer, so is Russia. Turkey can be, but there are risks involved. Asia is really starting to fork over some dough too... and they treat the American's really well. Younger/Newer players generally get paid less, and most guards make less than bigger guys-- especially athletic forwards who can shoot. Most lower division teams pay less than first division. Occassionally, the top 2nd division team(s) pay more than the lowest 1st division teams.

Hope that helps. :)
08-23-2006 07:18 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

Too bad he couldn't beat Gardner-Webb. 04-jawdrop
08-23-2006 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.