Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Bowl for the Rebs
Bookmark and Share
RebelsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I, for once, think Cutt came out of his shell and realized that you can pass and then surprise them with the run. Worked well, I thought. Establish the pass first, and then hit them with the running game.
Will the Rebs get a bowl game? I think not. Reality says a 6-6 season if we beat MooU.
The defense was pitiful against the run, but they did give the offense plenty of opportunity. But, in the SEC, 3 INT's rarely equal a win.
I was not too upset about this loss as Cutt did a complete about face on his offensive play calling. I overheard some talk in the Grove that some hoped for a loss on the rest of the remaining games, with the hope that Cutt would be on the hot seat with the fire really turned up.
Witnessed the players at the end of the game with about half really upset and mad that they had lost and other half was trying to decide what they were doing after the game and where the party was going to be.
Cutt did, also, do some cussing and hollering, and he did try to rally them. Heard it myself. But, once again, Ole Miss is the team to schedule for your homecoming just as we schedule Ark St. or Vandy.
11-03-2002 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

whos_your_dawgy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I think you get a bowl at 6-6 (though it may be the Music City Bowl). The SEC has seven bowl slots. Bama, Kentucky, MSU, and Vandy are definitely out. I think the last slot comes down to you and South Carolina. They are 5-4 right now with Ark (home), Florida (away), and Clemson (away) left to play. I don't see them winning any of those.

If SC did manage to win a game though, I think UM is left out. The Music City Bowl would probably rather have SC than a UM team they had a few years ago.
11-03-2002 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryeword Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Yeah, I don't think the Music City Bowl would want us, especially if it had the option of picking up SC. Let's face it, though, that we simply are not bowl worthy this year. We want to go to one, sure, but does it help us to go and then get our butts whipped like we did against W. Va.

It is just too bad that it has taken Klutzcliffe this long to see that the run can be set up by the pass. But then it is also sad to see the screw - ups by our QB and receivers. Let's face it, we just suck. We possibly will beat State, but who really gives a ****.
11-03-2002 01:07 PM
cant_think_of_a_witty_nam Offline
All American

I Root For:

Here's the difference maker in the Egg Bowl this year. . .

If Dontae Walker gets signifcant playing time--Rebs win.
If Norwood and Reid get to play instead--the game will be an ugly classic.

Norwood had 136 yards or so on just 15 carries and Jackie kept putting Dontae "Not-so-Tiny Dancer" Walker in to tiptoe around for a few series. I didn't get to see much more than the first quarter of the Ole Miss game but from what I've read here, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been.

Having seen UK on TV a few times and finally seeing them in person yesterday, I am SOOOOO glad UM didn't have to play them this year. Abney is a friggin' bad-ass. The only time he didn't light up for a huge return was when he decided to fair catch the ball.
11-03-2002 01:14 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

RebelsFan Wrote:Witnessed the players at the end of the game with about half really upset and mad that they had lost and other half was trying to decide what they were doing after the game and where the party was going to be.
Gee, one can only imagine who was planning their partying after the game yesterday! Hmm, I don't know, who could it be? Does he wear the number 10 on his jersey?
Did you happen to ask Eli why in the holy hell he didn't run that last play in himself? He could've walked in, hell I could've walked it in! But instead, he was looking for some guy in a white jersey to throw to, and guess what? He completed that pass? Thanks Mr. Manning! 03-puke

I apologize to the Manning lovers out there, heck, I'm one too. I know most of the older guys here cherished Archie, and for good reason. I do too, and I never even got to see him play for Ole Miss, but I know what he means to our school. Eli, on the other hand, is no Archie. I don't think he's got the cahoonas to be a great QB. A great QB takes charge on the field, is a leader, gets in his linemen's faces when they miss a block, chews out a receiver when a ball bounces off of their numbers, etc. Instead, I really think Eli came to Ole Miss simply to party and enjoy the Oxford life, that's all. He has done NOTHING to prove otherwise to me, but at least he can handle his liquor by Gawd. Keep it up Eli, we're all very proud.
All these OM records he's broken and all of these "better than Archie" numbers he's putting up each week doesn't mean sh*t to me. Archie found ways to win, dammit, and refused to lose. In my opinion, Eli's only concern is which frat house is throwing the biggest shindig that night.

I love ya Eli, and I'm glad you came to Ole Miss, but if I was Cutt your a$$ would be on the sidelines watching David Morris lead his team on the field.
11-03-2002 03:03 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Well said, 10... well said.

:bang:

<!--EDIT|LRRebel|Nov 3 2002, 02:47 PM-->
11-03-2002 03:40 PM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Thanks, LRRebel, and I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you yesterday!
11-03-2002 03:45 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

DITTO !
11-03-2002 03:46 PM
Reb32 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

10MAN Wrote:Thanks, LRRebel, and I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you yesterday!
10Man, I walked around between the old & new law buildings for half an hour looking for you and NPR. The only thing I had to go by was the picture ya'll post a few months back. I couldn't even ask anyone where ya'll were located. Didn't have a name. Couldn't ask anyone if they knew where 10Man & NPR were. 03-lol I was really looking forward to meeting ya'll. Maybe next time I'll walk around with a "Reb32" poster.
11-03-2002 04:03 PM
Ryeword Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree, 10Man. Well put.
11-03-2002 04:32 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Ryeword Wrote:I agree, 10Man. Well put.
Thanks, Wry. The frustration that I have with Eli, and apparently I'm not alone here, is pretty immense right now. That guy has so much talent, he could be one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the country, and eventually in the NFL, too. But as it stands, his agenda consists of other things. We all sit around here and bash Cutt all day long, and most of it is justified. But, I really have to throw a lot of yesterday's loss on Eli. His play all year long, well for most of it anyway, has been often much like the way Cutt coaches: No fire, no passion or desire to win, etc. I would not be so hard on him after a loss if he had even made an effort to win some games.

His demeanor on the field when he throws an interception or makes a stupid mental error is kind of like he's saying, "Aww shucks, dog-gone-it. Well, we'll get 'em next time" ::as he trots off to the sideline, only to be consoled by our fearless leader::
11-03-2002 06:54 PM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Reb32 Wrote:
10MAN Wrote:Thanks, LRRebel, and I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you yesterday!
10Man, I walked around between the old & new law buildings for half an hour looking for you and NPR. The only thing I had to go by was the picture ya'll post a few months back. I couldn't even ask anyone where ya'll were located. Didn't have a name. Couldn't ask anyone if they knew where 10Man & NPR were. 03-lol I was really looking forward to meeting ya'll. Maybe next time I'll walk around with a "Reb32" poster.
Sorry, Reb32. Yep, people would've probably called security on you for being a little loopy had you gone around asking them if they've seen 10MAN or NPR. 03-lol That would've been funny, though.

If you're going to the State game and you still want to drop by, PM me and I'll give you a much more detailed map of exactly where we tailgate, like I had given LRRebel. Sorry, bro. :frown:
11-03-2002 07:06 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[Image: Eli4Heineken1-vi.jpg]

Truth hurts. . .but well said, 10MAN. I agree 100%. 04-cheers
11-03-2002 07:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

10MAN Wrote:
Ryeword Wrote:I agree, 10Man. Well put.
Thanks, Wry. The frustration that I have with Eli, and apparently I'm not alone here, is pretty immense right now. That guy has so much talent, he could be one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the country, and eventually in the NFL, too. But as it stands, his agenda consists of other things. We all sit around here and bash Cutt all day long, and most of it is justified. But, I really have to throw a lot of yesterday's loss on Eli. His play all year long, well for most of it anyway, has been often much like the way Cutt coaches: No fire, no passion or desire to win, etc. I would not be so hard on him after a loss if he had even made an effort to win some games.

His demeanor on the field when he throws an interception or makes a stupid mental error is kind of like he's saying, "Aww shucks, dog-gone-it. Well, we'll get 'em next time" ::as he trots off to the sideline, only to be consoled by our fearless leader::
My sentiments exactly 10. One of the guys I hang with during baseball season and I were talking about some of the problems we have. The problem with Eli is that nobody is coaching him or helping him to correct his mistakes. We concluded yesterday that it eventually all filters back down to the head coach. I heard a lot of rumblings yesterday about Cutt, but I really don't want to get any rumors started without facts.

In Cutt's defense, that was the most animated I have ever seen him on the sidelines yesterday. He was down there and when it was a tv timeout, he was back around the bench trying to fire up the players. After several occasions when Marcus Johnson was getting into several little shoving matches with one of the Auburn players, I saw Cutt comeback there and it looked like he gave him a nice little a$$ chewing. Could he finally be waking up? I'm neither on Fantasy Island or the Reality Squad right now. I'm sitting on the boat deciding where I want to go. I'm going to see what happens during the final three games. While losing yesterday hurt and really angered me at the time, I saw some fire out there at times too. It looked to me that barring three interceptions and some other mistakes, not only could we have beaten them, we should have beaten them decisively. I need another beer now. :frown:

WR
11-03-2002 07:46 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Oh my Gawd, JBR, that is too funny! Where in the hell did you find that? I'm guessing on an LSU site somewhere, judging by the purple background! Hilarious!
11-03-2002 08:41 PM
hamburglar Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

You guys shouldn't feel down about a bowl bid. After all, Tuberville may invite some of you to watch Auburn in one. I am sure he has some friends left in Oxford. Hmmm, we are going to a bowl game. Why dont you all come watch a real team play.

GO EAGLES!!! :rolleyes:
11-03-2002 08:59 PM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

A real team? Did you, all of a sudden, convert to a Miami fan? :stupid:
11-03-2002 09:03 PM
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

hamburglar Wrote:You guys shouldn't feel down about a bowl bid. After all, Tuberville may invite some of you to watch Auburn in one. I am sure he has some friends left in Oxford. Hmmm, we are going to a bowl game. Why dont you all come watch a real team play.

GO EAGLES!!! :rolleyes:
Imitated by who?????

:rolleyes:
11-03-2002 09:08 PM
hamburglar Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

10Man, what is the problem? The real team is "Southern Miss." Geez, we have the best record in the state. The only team in the State to make a bowl game last year. Where was Ole Miss? They were at home sipping on Cider. LOL!! The Independence Bowl went with Bama instead of OM. Dont you remember that? I forgot, you try to phase out the negatives. The truth hurt doesnt it?

NPR, read my response in the thread "ROFLMGDAO." In it, I answer that question.

"SOUTHERN TO THE TOP"
11-03-2002 09:14 PM
Ryeword Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

JBR, that was hilarious. I think you've got real talent, my man. Maybe you should be thinking about Hollywood or something.

Anyway, about Eli, we were all hoping, praying and cussing that he would get the chance to like, you know, throw the ball. Well, he FINALLY got that chance yesterday. He really, seriously, major - league f(*&ed up on that last play, but he was doing pretty good there for awhile. What I am trying to say is that while he lost this game for us, he never should have been put in the position to try to correct a horribly coached first half. Why in the hell weren't we using the play mix in the first half that we used in the second. So while its a real pisser to see him lose a game for us, maybe the Klutz will see that the boy can actually do some things besides hand the ball off and will design a gameplan accordingly. Now,if we can only get our recievers to quit playing volleyball with the ball.....
11-03-2002 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.