Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your Bowl Projections
Bookmark and Share
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

After Saturday's games... my picks for bowls..with an extra twist...likely opponents in my opinion.

Note: These will change week to week

BCS (Sugar)
PROJECTION: Georgia
POSSIBILITIES: LSU, Arkansas, AUburn
Bulldogs are still the team to beat in the SEC. Ask Florida, they're the only team to have done it so far. Only these 4 teams have a mathematical shot for this bowl.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Florida State (as of right this moment, 11/20/02)

Capital One (Formerly Citrus)
PROJECTION: Florida
POSSIBILITIES: LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Arkansas
Capital One can ensure a sellout with Florida's invite. Likely Big Ten opponent is Michigan (again). Capital One Bowl officials have stated that all teams listed above are getting consideration at this point.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Penn State or Michigan

Cotton
PROJECTION: LSU
POSSIBILITES: Arkansas, Auburn
If LSU doesn't win the SEC, or even the SEC West, they're likely headed here. Though Dallas and Cotton Bowl officials love having Arkansas and 45,000 HOG fans showing up at the game, it's hard to invite a team 2 years running.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Texas

Outback
PROJECTION: Arkansas
POSSIBILITES: Tennessee, Florida
The West is stronger this year, no doubt about it. For Tennesee to grab this bowl, they must win out. Arkansas sits at 7-3 and has Miss. State, and LSU left to play. I think if the HOGS win out and lose in the Georgia Dome, they'll go to Orlando, if they lose to LSU, this is their bowl slot.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Penn State or Michigan

Peach
PROJECTION: Tennessee
POSSIBILITIES: Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss
Peach would love Auburn, but inviting teams twice is rare...unless you're from Tampa. I see Kentucky possibly upsetting the Vols cart, thanks to injuries, and the Vols would finish 7-5. Given a choice, the Peach will opt for Tennessee.
LIKELY OPPONENT: North Carolina State

Music City
PROJECTION: Auburn
POSSIBILITIES: S. Carolina, Ole Miss
Auburn, no doubt, will be the underdog for their last 2 games. Granted, they could win both, which in that case will send these projections in chaos and change the order of everything. The odds say, though they're wrong frequently, that Auburn loses both games and goes 7-5, putting them here.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Purdue if they beat IU, which they should (Boiler Up!)

Independence
PROJECTION: Ole Miss
POSSIBILITES: Auburn, S. Carolina
It comes down, in my opinion, to this. Ole Miss should beat Miss. State, given the game is in Oxford. That makes the Rebels 6-6 and bowl eligible for this year. South Carolina's in a world of trouble and will have to win @Clemson to earn bowl eligibility. Even then, the Gamecocks would have to hope for an Ole Miss loss to Miss. State, cause the SEC isn't gonna screw over the Rebels two years running. Rebels go to Shreveport.
LIKELY OPPONENT: Nebraska or Oklahoma State

WPS

<!--EDIT|calling_the_hogs|Nov 20 2002, 06:00 PM-->
11-10-2002 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orangetd88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

UGA- Sugar
Florida-Capital One
Cotton-LSU
Outback-Arkansas
Peach-Auburn
Music City-Ole Miss
Independence-USC

and last but not least...

Toilet Bowl-Tennessee
11-11-2002 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Eric, honey, Ole Miss isn't going to a bowl. You can have the Music City. Yall could sell it out all on your own 03-wink
11-11-2002 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yup, thanks for the vote of confidence but I don't think the Rebs are going anywhere after our game with MooU. At this point in the season, we're wondering how we ever won 5.

The clown will outwit our clueless head coach again. :bang:

If we go 5-7, we hope that Dave might get the boot.
11-12-2002 07:51 AM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bttt... updated version
11-19-2002 06:45 PM
orangetd88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Rebel_Rx Wrote:Eric, honey, Ole Miss isn't going to a bowl. You can have the Music City. Yall could sell it out all on your own 03-wink
Sad thing is, after this year, I don't think we would.
11-20-2002 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.