Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Western Illinois to join the OVC, official - link
mvfcfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Indiana St; E Illinois
RE: Western Illinois to join the OVC, official - link
(05-13-2023 06:54 AM)GoBuckeyes1047 Wrote:  
(05-13-2023 06:08 AM)mvfcfan Wrote:  I'm an EIU fan (they're OVC). I'm perfectly fine with taking on GWU and CSU from the Big South as affiliates for football, since they truly are BSC members. However after this season I think RMU (Horizon) and Bryant (AEC) need to take a hike. I'd have more sympathy for those schools except that they've done it to themselves. They left a league that sponsored football (NEC) for leagues that don't.

Besides that, the OVC 7 plus the BSC 2 would make for a perfect 8 game conference schedule.

Honestly, I think the OVC should try to add UIndy for 12 olympic sports and the 8 OVC + BSC 2 football. UIndy was talked about previously, but couldn't remember ir find what happened, but they are within the OVC footprint, yet expand it.

The OVC can split up scheduling wise into 4 groups of 3 schools with the 3 TN schools, the 3 Illinois schools, (Lindonwood, Little Rock, SE Missouri), (Indianapolis, Morehead St., Southern Illinois) and within those 4 groups could be turned into 2 divisions if a reduced travel is desired.

For football with the 2 BSC members, you could go North-South for divisions with the 3 TN schools + 2 BSC members in the south and the rest in the north (maybe offer SE Missouri-UT Martin a protected rivalry if desired) or just offer everyone 4 protected rivals and rotate the rest.

Now if the OVC decided not to expand further and stay at 11/7+2 because they want a full double round robin/round robin schedule, would I be mad about that? Not at all.

I agree that UIndy would be a good get for the OVC. They're the (next) team I'd prefer to see added.
05-13-2023 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Western Illinois to join the OVC, official - link - mvfcfan - 05-13-2023 07:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.