UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***Game Thread*** UAB v FAU for the 'Ship
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: ***Game Thread*** UAB v FAU for the 'Ship
Thanks for all of the history and the perspective. I know that UAB is a good program, and relevant in college basketball. I am glad that we are moving up in conference affiliation, even if we still are part of the "P5." I like that AK has us relevant again in March, even if it's not making the tournament every year. I overall do feel like AK is a good coach, bordering on really good - probably our best one since Mike Anderson, with the potential to be better than Mike Anderson. I also like him more than Mike Anderson for peripheral reasons, e.g. he is a UAB guy, he seems to be 100% invested in UAB, I love to hear him talk about the game and love his interviews, and he just seems like an appropriately confident, but likeable guy.

All that being said, don't most of you feel like this season, and last season to an extent, were let downs? I just feel like we left a lot of meat on the bone, especially this season.

We had a TON of talent and experience and athleticism and length and depth. And it took a miracle in the conference tournament 2 seasons ago to get in and we got absolutely humiliated in the conference championship game this season. We didn't win the conference regular season either year after being picked to win it both years. 2 years ago we lost to multiple bottom feeders. This year, we won a bunch of games and had a helluva run at the end of the year where I finally felt like we were meeting our potential, and BAM we laid the biggest egg of the year at the most important time.

I just feel like we should have done more.

I'm sure most people will just say I am overly negative and expect too much. But with the two teams we have had, I don't think I am crazy for thinking the way I do.

AK is a good coach and UAB is a good program. And no we will not make the NCAA tournament and win games every year. But THESE specific teams should have done more.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023 03:17 PM by The Answer UAB.)
03-13-2023 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Game Thread*** UAB v FAU for the 'Ship - The Answer UAB - 03-13-2023 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.