Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out?
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out?
(01-22-2023 02:00 AM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 06:11 PM)World Wide Swag Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 06:07 PM)GarnetAndBlue Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 06:02 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 11:45 AM)esayem Wrote:  One of my best friends is a Maryland fan, good luck telling him it makes sense. I think people don't realize how much UMd fans hate Duke and miss that rivalry. Fans don't get that game (nor UVa) anymore and they don't get the Big Ten media money.

07-coffee3

Nobody liked the BIG expansion with PSU when it happened, not BIG fans and not PSU fans. Yet it has worked out well. The same was true with the Nebraska expansion and the RU UMd expansions. I'd say the one exception was RU fans were ecstatic to be rescued from the AAC. It was like being on a sinking fishing vessel, being picked up by the Queen Mary 2 and allowed to stay for the rest of the trip. USCLA will have the same growing pains in the BIG. Twenty years from now, when a whole generation of fans know nothing but all these schools being in the BIG, with whoever else it takes, it will feel as normal as Dallas in the NFC East.

I could make a strong case that joining the B1G was a bad move for PSU over the past 30 years. Call it bad luck or whatever. If I was a Nittany Lion, I'd darn well wonder if things would have turned out better if they'd remained Indy, joined the ACC, etc...then been ready to jump to the B1G or SEC right about now if needed. They were sitting pretty in the late 80's/early 90's.
I also wonder if the Big Ten wouldn't like to rescind that Rutgers invite back in retrospect.

The Purdue and Indiana basketball teams sure wish we were never added. What kind of value has SMU brought to the AAC media rights deals?

SMU brings plenty to the AAC, they're the biggest spender in the league and one of the most high profile teams left. Just because he's wrong about Rutgers doesn't mean that SMU isn't also a quality school.
01-22-2023 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out? - bryanw1995 - 01-22-2023 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.