Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out?
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out?
(01-21-2023 02:34 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 02:13 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 11:45 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 11:35 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 10:34 AM)Maize Wrote:  ^^^^
This …

Agree on all of this. USC and UCLA will be fine in the Big Ten. As fans, we'll get use to it. I recall well when the SEC added South Carolina and Arkansas. As a Vanderbilt fan, I was a bit concerned at first. But I was proved wrong over time. Those two schools have been fine members of the league.

Similarly, Rutgers and Maryland to the Big Ten has made sense over time.

Change is inevitable. Embrace it.

In time, we'll likely come to see how the USC and UCLA additions have worked fine for the Big Ten and for those two schools.

One of my best friends is a Maryland fan, good luck telling him it makes sense. I think people don't realize how much UMd fans hate Duke and miss that rivalry. Fans don't get that game (nor UVa) anymore and they don't get the Big Ten media money.

07-coffee3

If only it were possible to schedule a hated rival OOC every year. Oh, wait, UF-FSU, USC-Clemson, UGA-GT...it IS possible! Cool!

We weren't there with Texas, but in another 5-10 years we would have started playing them annually I suspect. Our hate for LSU and bama is strong, but the hatred for Texas runs deep.

I get you’re trying to be contrarian and that’s cute and all. That’s sort of been your MO towards me since you joined. But those games meant a lot to the ACC standings and the ACC tournament. AFAIK, that can’t be scheduled OOC. Unless you in your almighty wisdom know better?

I just call it like I see it, and I often find myself disagreeing with things you post. Rather than be rude and abrasive, I think that humor with a bit of sarcasm is more called for on this board.

You didn't mention the ACC standings in your earlier post, and I doubt that Duke had much of a negative impact on anybody's standing in the ACC (football). I know that I sure miss playing some of our old SWC and big 12 "rivals" for the easy W.
01-21-2023 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If the USC/UCLA move to the Big Ten doesn’t work out? - bryanw1995 - 01-21-2023 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.