Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What will the Pac-12 do?
Stay at 10.
Add Gonzaga.
Add SDSU and SMU.
Add Gonzaga, SDSU, and SMU.
[Show Results]

Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward.
jrj84105 Online
All American

I Root For: Utes
RE: Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward.
(01-19-2023 12:30 AM)EdwordL Wrote:  Skyhawk: I cannot answer for Oregon, but in my reply to jej84105, I addressed recent developments at the University of Kansas Medical Center. If I understand correctly, the difference between KU Med and the Nebraska Medical School in Omaha in re the AAU is that KU Med is administered as part of the main campus of the University of Kansas, eveen though they are located in separate cities; the state of Nebraska considers the medical school at Omaha separate from the university in Lincoln, which affected Nebraska's standing in the AAU.

The NCI comprehensive cancer center designation is a major distinction but doesn’t really differentiate KU from the other cusp AAU schools:
ASU: sort of (it is the basic science partner for Mayo Scottsdale)
UAB: Yes
Utah: Yes
Cincinnati: No
NC State: No
Georgia: No
Missouri: Yes
Oregon: Yes
Stony Brook: No
ISU: No
Nebraska: Yes

Others
USF: yes
UNM: yes

I still think UAB and ASU are the next two in. Missouri and Stony Brook the next two out. That would then put KU and UO as the next two.

PS: not trying to denigrate KU. KU, Mizzou, Utah, Oregon, and ASU are all basically cusp AAU members which is a very good thing.

From an off-field realignment perspective, Utah and KU are very similar academically and in DMA (Utah 30, KU 34). Which is pretty decent. I wish KU and Utah were in the same conference, but with those metrics I don’t think it’s the B1G.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023 09:46 AM by jrj84105.)
01-19-2023 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward. - jrj84105 - 01-19-2023 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.