Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What will the Pac-12 do?
Stay at 10.
Add Gonzaga.
Add SDSU and SMU.
Add Gonzaga, SDSU, and SMU.
[Show Results]

Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward.
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward.
(01-14-2023 05:41 PM)Poster Wrote:  
(01-14-2023 05:05 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(01-14-2023 10:53 AM)Poster Wrote:  If San Diego State to the PAC is such a sure thing, then why have exactly zero sportswriters except for those buffoons Wilner and Canzano (and even they were saying the PAC wouldn’t expand until about two months ago) written anything about it?
I don't what you read but Pac-12 expansion has been discussed throughout the west, but no one can say with 100% certainty that the Pac-12 is going to expand. But Wilner was talking about SDSU back in July:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/07/19/p...on-option/
Here are five reasons the Aztecs make so much sense for the conference:
1. The competitive factor
2. The exposure factor
3. The valuation factor
4. The resource factor
5. The academic factor

I will follow what the "buffons" like Wilner and Canzano are saying. Brett McMurphy and others back east were predicting that the Big Ten was going to add Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal:
https://www.si.com/college/byu/football/...-expansion
"The Big ten's not done," McMurphy said to start the interview. "I reported back in July, the sources told me they weren't done expanding. I'm still hearing that same information."

"The biggest criticism of adding USC and UCLA is putting those student athletes out on an island. Well how do you solve that problem? You have four more schools from the Pac-12 and that takes care of any travel concerns. I think the Big 10 [gets] to 20 schools and I would think they would want to bring them in the same time as USC and UCLA before the 2024 season."

I don't consider McMurphy a buffon, but he got it wrong, because his source was either Warren or sources close to Warren. He should have been talking to the Big Ten President's and AD's.

San Diego State is 15-49-1 all time vs the PAC. That's competitive?

And I have seen no evidence that SDSU has been valuated well.

Bob Thompson hit them at $23m, what more evidence than that do you need? Wait, you might not know who he is, I'll help you out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rltsports

edit: So I actually came on to wonder out loud about the lack of news from Pac land. No dribbles, no "a deal is close", no "we're definitely ahead of or behind the big 12"...nothing. Just crickets. Makes me wonder if there's no news b/c there's been no movement from ESPN and Amazon isn't starting up a bidding war.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2023 07:51 PM by bryanw1995.)
01-14-2023 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic options for Pac-12 going forward. - bryanw1995 - 01-14-2023 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.